2012-12-12 Inappropriate Sex Joke

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

2012-12-12 Inappropriate Sex Joke

Postby Lumino on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Ok, I gotta admit, that made me laugh. At the very least it is a funny explanation as to why she would have a 'secret path' made into the Sanctum. Having sex in places you aren't supposed to is part of the fun, and god damn that's like banging on the UN Stage. Nicely done.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: 2012-12-12 Inappropriate Sex Joke

Postby IrishFino on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

[While deflecting all the beams] "Oh, these guys are so strong."

I believe you, giant lizard woman deflecting those attacks effortlessly.

I believe you!
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Traveler on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

The Sanctum of the Archmagi normally exists outside all dimensions in a demiplane.

Why, then, is the secret entrance a tunnel?
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby daveshan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 pm

IrishFino wrote:[While deflecting all the beams] "Oh, these guys are so strong."

I believe you, giant lizard woman deflecting those attacks effortlessly.

I believe you!
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 am

Okay, this comic just cements that Mookie's target audience is pre-teens despite the twisted themes contained therein. This screams of a young hero in a cartoon watching his parents kiss after reuniting and saying "Ew! Old people getting all cozy is gross! tee hee."

That's not to say juvenile humor is a bad shtick in the right circumstances... but when he's trying to set the tone that the heroes are in grave danger it doesn't work. That's especially true when the danger involves the heroes brushing aside lasers without any visible strains and, like a saturday morning cartoon character, TELL us that things might get rough. Seriously, Mookie, at least have bits of the beam get through and cause some minor lacerations on the crew or show snake lady in a position of tension (though her physiology is a baffling mess...)

Moreover, that doesn't even begin to point out the messy inconsistencies about this tunnel our intrepid non-magical heroes are slinking through in a relaxed fashion--seriously, for a guy whose wife is up against a horde of "strong" magical bad guys Donovan can't be bothered to move past a calm strut with his hands in his pockets.

First of all, Miranda has been revealed as wise and clever, yes? If that's the case, her belief that this tunnel that opens a way into the hidden sanctum that the most powerful otherworldly spellcasters couldn't POSSIBLY figure out that there's been a tunnel dug out presumably through magical means is utterly asinine. If she's wrong and the heroes get caught in the act, it'll be a display of arrogance and lack of forethought that isn't meant to be in her character.

However, if she's right and no one knows about it, it shatters suspension of disbelief because the archmages are supposed to be great, powerful and wise, themselves. How could they not notice a tunnel being put in a place whose name includes a word that means "place of safety?" Even if the king didn't know about it before, he's just pulled the sanctum into another plane and changed its structure, particularly the underside, immensely! He's altered the sanctum which suggests having to have a handle on its structure but doesn't know about a tunnel in its depths?

What about the alterations themselves? Even if Davey didn't know about the tunnel, shouldn't this shift in states of being for the sanctum alter it or potentially collapse it? Why didn't the heroes fret about this possibility?

Finally, how the hell did Donovan "sneak in" for some archmage booty when the sanctum--until recently--has been in another dimension entirely?

Edit: Okay, thinking about that last bit, it's addressed that she "snuck" her husband in... but that suggests using powerful magic to pull him through and having built a tunnel and so forth. Why not just teleport to HIM and their home to have a quickie instead of risking her position and damaging the sanctum?
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lumino on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 am

bahamutkod wrote: Why not just teleport to HIM and their home to have a quickie instead of risking her position and damaging the sanctum?

That you asked that question makes me laugh. Why do people have sex in their offices, in public places like a dressing room, on airplanes? Because the risk of getting caught makes it that much more exciting.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Traveler on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 am

So because of the thrill she gets from the possibility of getting caught, Miranda performed a lengthy excavation to create a sex grotto in the secret otherworldly hideaway of the multiverse's most powerful wizards.

Yep. Makes total sense.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ZaneS on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

I agreed about the first four panels, but yea I chuckled on the "sneak me in" joke. Its Donovan on panel, I expected a bad punch line.
ZaneS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bahamutkod on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Lumino wrote:
bahamutkod wrote: Why not just teleport to HIM and their home to have a quickie instead of risking her position and damaging the sanctum?

That you asked that question makes me laugh. Why do people have sex in their offices, in public places like a dressing room, on airplanes? Because the risk of getting caught makes it that much more exciting.

Well, I have an excuse on this one... who the hell would imagine that anything even near exciting happens in Dominic Deegan?
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby daveshan on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm

bahamutkod wrote:
Lumino wrote:

Well, I have an excuse on this one... who the hell would imagine that anything even near exciting happens in Dominic Deegan?

Anyone who stopped reading right after Storm of Souls.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Return to Dominic Deegan