11/23/12 & 11/26/12 - established rules?

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

11/23/12 & 11/26/12 - established rules?

Postby bahamutkod on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 am

Okay, the Klo-Tark was the name of a ship. Might be interesting except how did Klo Tark survive as an infant Eld and know ANYTHING about the name of the ship that crashed? (I suspect it's a rip-off of Superman somehow...)

Okay, we finally run into something established from Mookie... the whole "mindbreak" thing. If that's the case, though, why is no one freaking about Celesto getting loose? He's endured physical and mental torture over who knows how long while Dominic just got shown a couple illusions and got poked in the head a little. This means, most likely, that Mookie is horribly bad at keeping things straight or--my preferred scenario, though unlikely--Dominic is just that much more a whiny, pampered manchild compared to the zen master that is Celesto.

Oh boy, the "what a woman" thing comes up again. "Screw the survival of your kind and your future, you have to risk this because we TRIED SOOOO HARRRRD!"

Moreover, when the hell has scrying like this ever been a risk? Not once has this been established and this reeks of ham-handed manufactured drama. To drive the point home further, I think Dominic and Klo Tark scried way back like it wasn't anything to witness the Acibek or some other ancient event. That means it's established that there IS NO RISK to scrying far back in the past.

Moreover 2.0, wouldn't the best they'd be able to manage is to HEAR what happened since Katya's clairaudient and not clairvoyant? Not terribly useful in the panicked scenario of a ship crashing, all told.

What really gets me, though, is the Eld just jumping on the idea with no hesitation despite the potential risk to their race's survival with all these plans. "Oh, you want us to watch a tragic situation that ended with the death of many of our people so we can have a sliver of hope crashing through the treacherous barriers into a world where we can no longer breathe? OKAY!"
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: 11/23/12 & 11/26/12 - established rules?

Postby The Traveler on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 am

Myself, I don't get why the Eld being barred from their homeworld because they turned its atmosphere poisonous to themselves accidentally was insufficient.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IrishFino on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Did the colors of the board change?

Weird.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby daveshan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 pm

IrishFino wrote:Did the colors of the board change?

Weird.

The old color scheme took one look at the latest comics and said: "No! That's it! I'm done."
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby ZaneS on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:15 am

The Traveler wrote:Myself, I don't get why the Eld being barred from their homeworld because they turned its atmosphere poisonous to themselves accidentally was insufficient.

Because good writing has been failing him this last arc. Miranda says it wonderfully, he's running out of time.
ZaneS
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Dominic Deegan