10/11/12 Yes, Mookie, this how you write villains

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

10/11/12 Yes, Mookie, this how you write villains

Postby daveshan on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Now where was this shit for the last seven years?
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Re: 10/11/12 Yes, Mookie, this how you write villains

Postby Lumino on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Better late then never?
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daveshan on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Lumino wrote:Better late then never?

Not really, no. See, this just shows us that it all didn't have to be crap and garbage. All our complaints of him choosing not to improve, but still charge money for his books and merchandise, are all validated by how good David is as a villain.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darth Cariss on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 am

That was fun.
"If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side down. What happens if you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it?"
Darth Cariss
Keenspot Despot

Postby SLTE on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 am

Definitely one of the best DD strips, at least in my mind. Excellent reversal. It'd be hilarious if David actually won and the strip ended with him getting a happily ever after.
SLTE
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lumino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am

daveshan wrote:
Lumino wrote:Better late then never?

Not really, no. See, this just shows us that it all didn't have to be crap and garbage. All our complaints of him choosing not to improve, but still charge money for his books and merchandise, are all validated by how good David is as a villain.

Oh come on, that is BS and you know it. An artists doesn't start making masterpieces, a musician doesn't start with a symphony (Excluding Mozart), so why should a writer start awesome?

We grow and learn as we do something for a long period of time, anybody who has ever done something like writing or art has seen that in themselves. Hell, I can barely read my old works without wanting to punch myself in the face for how bad they were. We learn and adapt with time. Just because the majority of this site has taken their dislike of Mookie to brobdingnagian states, you still need to make sense with your complaints.

Provided for your use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brobdingnag

I don't mind when you guys have legitimate complaints, but lately the comic has been good, and all you guys can pull out is 'HE DIDN'T DO THIS FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS SO HE STILL SHOULD DIE.' Honestly now, that doesn't look childish to you?
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Lumino wrote:Oh come on, that is BS and you know it. An artists doesn't start making masterpieces, a musician doesn't start with a symphony (Excluding Mozart), so why should a writer start awesome?

We grow and learn as we do something for a long period of time, anybody who has ever done something like writing or art has seen that in themselves. Hell, I can barely read my old works without wanting to punch myself in the face for how bad they were. We learn and adapt with time. Just because the majority of this site has taken their dislike of Mookie to brobdingnagian states, you still need to make sense with your complaints.

Provided for your use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brobdingnag

I don't mind when you guys have legitimate complaints, but lately the comic has been good, and all you guys can pull out is 'HE DIDN'T DO THIS FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS SO HE STILL SHOULD DIE.' Honestly now, that doesn't look childish to you?

We've watched him make decent art choices, seen sketches of random things that are draw with far more care than his shitty comic strip, and seen examples of the wonderful writing he could do if he just sat the fuck down and took his time enough times to know that he can produce quality work. He just doesn't want to. In fact, there was one time he said that changing his art "didn't feel right" and he stopped, even though it was a vast improvement over his previous artwork. He literally stopped improving because it didn't feel like Dominic Deegan.

Who the fuck does that? Who purposely stagnates their growth? Michael. Michael does.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:40 pm

It's less "he should have been awesome at the start" and more "he was steadily being pretty good from the beginning and then he kept shitting on a piece of paper can called it plot so this recent development is in the right direction" to me really.
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TerminusEst13 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

Please let me know when I'm calling for his death. You're assuming I've got much more malice than I actually have.
TerminusEst13
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Dominic Deegan