10/9/12 I've seen enough hentai...

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

10/9/12 I've seen enough hentai...

Postby daveshan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 am

daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Re: 10/9/12 I've seen enough hentai...

Postby Lumino on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Nobody has anything bad to say, the silence on this board is almost eerie. Without something major to complain about, this board begins to whiter and die.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Lumino wrote:Nobody has anything bad to say, the silence on this board is almost eerie. Without something major to complain about, this board begins to whiter and die.

Or it could be that no one bothered to click the link posted or go to the site because that would take far more effort than it's worth.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lumino on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah no. Nice try, but I've seen enough to know that most if not all of you check the comic every update, either through the direct link or the webpage itself, just to see if there is something to complain about.

If the comic had brought Bumper back to life, this board would have been on fire in less then an hour.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 am

Lumino wrote:Yeah no. Nice try, but I've seen enough to know that most if not all of you check the comic every update, either through the direct link or the webpage itself, just to see if there is something to complain about.

If the comic had brought Bumper back to life, this board would have been on fire in less then an hour.

"Most" being the operative word. I don't even bother with the comic unless the image is readily viewable in the daily thread. If it's just a link to the site, I don't take the time to click it.

And, just to complain about something and make your wet dreams come true, you're still mixing up "then" and "than".
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lumino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:29 pm

But yet you take the time to click on the topic. Truly the minds of internet dwellers are perplexing.

Also, is it so bad to want to see legitimate criticism? I am sorry that I am not as jaded as the rest of you. I am sorry that my refusal to become that jaded upsets you, but I believe in judging from ones current actions. You already judged his bad work, don't let your prejudice against him bar you from enjoying the good work.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Lumino wrote:But yet you take the time to click on the topic. Truly the minds of internet dwellers are perplexing.

Also, is it so bad to want to see legitimate criticism? I am sorry that I am not as jaded as the rest of you. I am sorry that my refusal to become that jaded upsets you, but I believe in judging from ones current actions. You already judged his bad work, don't let your prejudice against him bar you from enjoying the good work.

Curiosity is a strange thing, isn't it? It's like watching a car accident and seeing people on fire running from the wreckage. It's terrible, but you just can't stop staring. And then you cause another accident because you're dumb enough to keep looking.

The vast majority of this board has been here for years longer than you have. We have become jaded over time. We used to offer valid criticism all the time. Michael sees anything that isn't heaps of praise as mean and overly nitpicky. We have honestly and literally tried for years to encourage his growth and he has refused on several occasions. Because he doesn't want anyone's help unless they are complimenting him and not pointing out how he can improve.

EDIT:

Not to mention the time he let our board get closed down because he didn't like us. Then, when we were reinstated, he refused to link to us on the links page for months. The man is overly sensitive and petty.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lumino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Well I dunno, if it were my comic I wouldn't put any effort into keeping this forum around either. You have a right to speak your mind, fair enough, but if 'Your Mind' is just personal insults against the man himself, and not even his comic anymore, then I wouldn't put up with it either.

You know how rare it is to find a negative comment here that just insults the comic and not the man himself? Christ all mighty it's like the guy beat down your door, punched out your girlfriend, and ran over your dog.

You don't like his comic, awesome. You wanna rage about it, go nuts, but to make everything so incredibly personal, well I don't think it is any surprise that he doesn't listen to you. I wouldn't either, because as legitimate as your advice is, you are presenting it like a bunch of Hyper-Thyroid Storm Troopers.

Yeah sure, maybe you tried being nice in the past, that's great. Your previous actions most certainly don't excuse your current ones.

Didn't anyone here ever watch 'Bambi' as a kid?
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Lumino wrote:Well I dunno, if it were my comic I wouldn't put any effort into keeping this forum around either. You have a right to speak your mind, fair enough, but if 'Your Mind' is just personal insults against the man himself, and not even his comic anymore, then I wouldn't put up with it either.

You know how rare it is to find a negative comment here that just insults the comic and not the man himself? Christ all mighty it's like the guy beat down your door, punched out your girlfriend, and ran over your dog.

You don't like his comic, awesome. You wanna rage about it, go nuts, but to make everything so incredibly personal, well I don't think it is any surprise that he doesn't listen to you. I wouldn't either, because as legitimate as your advice is, you are presenting it like a bunch of Hyper-Thyroid Storm Troopers.

Yeah sure, maybe you tried being nice in the past, that's great. Your previous actions most certainly don't excuse your current ones.

Didn't anyone here ever watch 'Bambi' as a kid?

Go back to posts from a few years ago. This forum didn't become a pit of rabid hatred overnight. That's my point. Avoiding it doesn't make it invalid.

I took off the kid gloves a long time ago when I realized the man is a reinforced wall of "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I AM PERFECT IN ALL WAYS!" And no where, in any of my posts, have I said that being nice in the past and being flat-out ignored and trolled by Michael's friends and family (that's right, those fuckers were bold enough to come here with Michael's dick in their mouth and expect us to play nice) is a great excuse to be a dickwad now. I'm simply doing what I have always done without the dusting of sugar. Criticism hurts, I get that. It sucks when people pick apart your work. I've had my writing picked apart more times than I can count, but they (the critics) are doing so to help make your work better, tighten things up, and make sure it reaches a wide audience while still conveying what you wish to convey. But if you continue to ignore the constructive criticism and still ask for help/advice/critique you're going to piss people off to the point where they no longer care about your feelings and will just rip into you until you stop coming to them.

As for insulting the man himself, I generally refrain, but it's difficult when Dominic is a self-insert character. For the love of Pete, Michael thinks that Mary Sue/Gary Stu means a good-aligned character and not an overpowered, never suffering, perfect douche who always saves the day no matter what. He thinks people dislike Dominic because he's a good guy, not because he's an obvious Mary Sue/Gary Stu! That is ignorance of the highest caliber and goes to show just how deluded this man has become with this "project" of his. This is another reason why he can't take criticism well, because he thinks we're attacking him when, really, we're attacking the Mary Sue/Gary Stu that is Dominic Deegan and friends/family. Now, that doesn't include times he is personally attacked by name, so don't confuse the two.

Why you take our rampant, never wavering, totally awesome hatred personally escapes me, but to each their own.

May the rage be with you.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Return to Dominic Deegan