Okay, Here's What's Going to Happen.

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

Re: Okay, Here's What's Going to Happen.

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 am

To find Noxy, go to the pirates den. She left here for a variety of reasons, one is a mod, one is shari, one is pain, one is drama. They usually go all together.

To find Shari go to irc.blitzed.org and #keendd. I -think- pain goes there too, but am unsure since I haven't seen him in a few days.

The only reason Shari survived so long regarding the skipped ban is because Dan didn't want to deal with it, I figure. He was banned from all forums EXCEPT this one after getting banned the first time, which just makes no sense at all, and just suggests "here, you guys keep it."

I didn't push the ban evasion at first because I wanted to give Shari a fair chance. Unfortunately, like Gator and Otaku before him, we kept giving chances, and they'd just revert to their usual stupidness. Pain's on the way out, but I'm not sure how exactly. I just know currently he's a sort of test monkey. I'll give you all more details when I find them.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry. These two drove 4 people to leave, and have been driving people away prior, Noxy included. (Though I suspect they were only part of the reason) Shari and Pain both were worse than Gator and Otaku Son ever were (I do concede I can't remember OS' retardedness very well, and he may have been a fairly evil fellow) so now over the next little while I'm going to try and get a figure on what the heck it is you guys want. I'm betting on a grey area, but I'm seeing a lot of flipflopping.

I quit/demoted self because I was under the impression I was doing a bad job. This was apparently inaccurate, and I was asked to stay. I haven't decided, but I will consider it, if you all want me to. I also get a fair amount of complaints about S&P, so I know they weren't widely recieved. They had their fun moments, at least Shari did, but they didn't know when to stop and would repeatedly ignore requests to stop. For hours on end. I'm actually surprised anyones surprised they're gone at all; I've been saying for a month where they were headed for, and gave them several second chances.

I think giving the reason "ban evasion" is just to get a solid reason on why he got banned, considering the crap he's pulled and the headaches he's caused.

I notice this thread here suggests you guys want a more stricter environment. Obviously not in areas like free speech and thought processes, but it's become obvious we need to crack down a little more on behaviour that might make someone annoyed, or upset.

Yet whenever we do act on something, we get a group who sort of gets annoyed with it. Not all of this group, but some of this group, are also part of the group who said I did a good job, and wanted stricter rules.

Hence why at this moment I state I am definitely confused. I'm having a hard time with decisions, so I've just been going on gut instincts, and standards already set. Suggestions?

Finally, I did state to come back I didn't want to deal with Shari or Pain anymore, regardless of how their status ended up, be they restricted, be they moderated, be they banned, be they completely left alone. So yeah, if either comes back and starts unloading crap, you're likely on your own until you guys actually sincerely need me to do something. I realized at the 6 hour point of trying to save the new 4chan thread that goddamn, this was ridiculous, and I shouldn't be expected to do it. I asked they be dealt with a Month prior, I think I have done enough.

So yeah, I guess I'm going to take it easy for a couple of days, and then I'm going to follow in Nevr's lead. You may see me already make suggestions here and there if I see something I dislike. Right now I'm in a lot of pain from (from here on out I will reference my sickness as Ritalin's disease, just because my life seems so very much to be parallel to that last storyarc, I may as well borrow from a twist on Tara's disease) Ritalin's disease, and am spending a lot of extra time sleeping, or lying around in pain, or trying to eat. Naturally from adverse side effects I am having a lot of stress, and I think Nevr and if Silv comes back can handle themselves. You guys seem to like Nevr's iron fist of doom ideas, that's a positive.

I realize I've been rambling a lot at this moment. Sorry. I blame my medication for Ritalin's disease. It's not bad stuff!
Dotty wrote:I almost see those two as disgrunted DD readers. Celesto is the casual fan who snaps after enough cliffhangers and racist/dumb bad guys, and proceeds to kill them one by one. TIM is a step further. He's completely lost his mind after the SuperGreg arc and proceeds to insert himself into the comic with the goal to kill absolutely anything that moves, as it might become a secondary cast member if he leaves it alone too long.
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Innocent Hawk on Thu May 22, 2008 4:19 am

If you feel you need time to get away you go ahead and take it. We would be lonely without you, but it would be selfish to keep you from something that you really need, rather than trying to get what we want.
Innocent Hawk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pain256 on Thu May 22, 2008 4:54 am

TdotOdot2k wrote:Finally, I did state to come back I didn't want to deal with Shari or Pain anymore, regardless of how their status ended up, be they restricted, be they moderated, be they banned, be they completely left alone. So yeah, if either comes back and starts unloading crap, you're likely on your own

You know for someone who wants nothing to do with me, you talk about me a whole lot, and none of it too flattering. I'm not sure how you can justify wanting to continue being a moderator yet avoid moderator issues.
Pain256
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Gan Xingba on Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 am

Don't fret, Dotty. Honestly, the only one I see that's genuinely sad to see Shari go is Babus. Shari hounded Warde, Lunik and yourself quite a bit, leading at least two of you to leave, which totally sucks. I can only hope they somehow catch wind that he's gone now.

Considering the meager tools at your disposal, you did fine. You were trying to take on a bear with a night stick.
Gan Xingba
Keenspot Despot

Postby babus on Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 am

Gan Xingba wrote:Don't fret, Dotty. Honestly, the only one I see that's genuinely sad to see Shari go is Babus. Shari hounded Warde, Lunik and yourself quite a bit, leading at least two of you to leave, which totally sucks. I can only hope they somehow catch wind that he's gone now.

Considering the meager tools at your disposal, you did fine. You were trying to take on a bear with a night stick.

Your statement is cruel and not entirely true concerning the number of people who are sad to lose Shari, but I don't believe anyone, even Shari, is really mad at Dotty for anything. She's a good mod and my own lamentations have already been stated.

@Dotty
I hope you feel better and if you're back, then it's good to have you again. Thank you also for going into such a lengthy reply. On a personal note, your extended defense of the 4chanLite thread was courageous and highly appreciated.
I don't enjoy your sanity.
babus
Keenspot Despot

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 am

babus wrote:
Gan Xingba wrote:Don't fret, Dotty. Honestly, the only one I see that's genuinely sad to see Shari go is Babus. Shari hounded Warde, Lunik and yourself quite a bit, leading at least two of you to leave, which totally sucks. I can only hope they somehow catch wind that he's gone now.

Your statement is cruel and not entirely true concerning the number of people who are sad to lose Shari, but I don't believe anyone, even Shari, is really mad at Dotty for anything. She's a good mod and my own lamentations have already been stated.

@Dotty
I hope you feel better and if you're back, then it's good to have you again. Thank you also for going into such a lengthy reply. On a personal note, your extended defense of the 4chanLite thread was courageous and highly appreciated.

Same. Dotty is cool with me. <3
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 am

Pain256 wrote:
TdotOdot2k wrote:Finally, I did state to come back I didn't want to deal with Shari or Pain anymore, regardless of how their status ended up, be they restricted, be they moderated, be they banned, be they completely left alone. So yeah, if either comes back and starts unloading crap, you're likely on your own

You know for someone who wants nothing to do with me, you talk about me a whole lot, and none of it too flattering. I'm not sure how you can justify wanting to continue being a moderator yet avoid moderator issues.

Well, you're not hard to deal with right now, if I see a post of yours that needs ok'ing while I'm cruising around, I'll generally okay it.

The justification comes with I've done everything to remove the both of you, and if you're not going to be removed, despite the mountain of evidence I've provided, and moderator logs existing of me deleting crap you two have done to back up my claims, then I've done everything I'm supposed to do to deal with you. If no ones going to help me, then why now, when I'm suffering greatly from Ritalin's disease, should I stress myself out worrying about you two, when I've already done more than enough to get rid of the both of you?

Besides, you're one to talk about people talking about you in an unflattering light. >_> I don't recall saying anything particularily evil lately, so I'll just take your word for it.

Doesn't matter, anyways.
Dotty wrote:I almost see those two as disgrunted DD readers. Celesto is the casual fan who snaps after enough cliffhangers and racist/dumb bad guys, and proceeds to kill them one by one. TIM is a step further. He's completely lost his mind after the SuperGreg arc and proceeds to insert himself into the comic with the goal to kill absolutely anything that moves, as it might become a secondary cast member if he leaves it alone too long.
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Gan Xingba on Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 am

babus wrote:Your statement is cruel

Cruel? To Shari? Oh the IRONY.
Gan Xingba
Keenspot Despot

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am

Gan Xingba wrote:

babus wrote:Your statement is cruel [...] concerning the number of people who are sad to lose Shari [...]

Reading comprehension. Image
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gan Xingba on Thu May 22, 2008 10:20 am

Obsidian_Stray wrote:
Gan Xingba wrote:

babus wrote:Your statement is cruel [...] concerning the number of people who are sad to lose Shari [...]

Reading comprehension. Image

He sad "Your statement is cruel AND not entirely true concerning the number of people who are sad to lose Shari"

The "and" combined with the wording led me to believe that they were two unrelated traits to the same thing. As in "That house is ugly and way too small".
Gan Xingba
Keenspot Despot

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 am

I see your point. I took (take) it the other way though.
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 11:15 am

That's what HE said! :o
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SamTheUnPokeable on Thu May 22, 2008 11:30 am

So basically if Nevermore doesn't like you, you're screwed?

This is going to be bad, one person has absolute power, this can't be good.
Xejan wrote: I said if I WAS the sniper in bush's security, I would have shot him.

The always level headed Xejan wanting to kill the President of the United States.
SamTheUnPokeable
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 11:31 am

SamTheUnPokeable wrote:So basically if Nevermore doesn't like you, you're screwed?

What?
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby SamTheUnPokeable on Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 am

Obsidian_Stray wrote:
SamTheUnPokeable wrote:So basically if Nevermore doesn't like you, you're screwed?

What?

Nevrmore is "cracking down" he isn't taking SHIT from anyone, he is the ONLY mod. Which basically means if Nevrmore doesn't like you he can just screw with you? He doesn't seem like the most level headed person to have as mod. Infact he seems to be quite angry ALL of the time. Is it really right that he has absolute power around here?
Xejan wrote: I said if I WAS the sniper in bush's security, I would have shot him.

The always level headed Xejan wanting to kill the President of the United States.
SamTheUnPokeable
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 11:38 am

SamTheUnPokeable wrote:
Obsidian_Stray wrote:

What?

Nevrmore is "cracking down" he isn't taking SHIT from anyone, he is the ONLY mod. Which basically means if Nevrmore doesn't like you he can just screw with you? He doesn't seem like the most level headed person to have as mod. Infact he seems to be quite angry ALL of the time. Is it really right that he has absolute power around here?

I think you misunderstand Nevr. He'll berate you in a fit of rage, not ban you.
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby SamTheUnPokeable on Thu May 22, 2008 11:41 am

Obsidian_Stray wrote:
I think you misunderstand Nevr. He'll berate you in a fit of rage, not ban you.

I probably do. I'm not a "regular" around here, and I don't know a lot of people as well as the rest of you. Nevrmore just seems to be as well tempered as Nitro Glycerine, and let's be honest, when you combine absolute power, the internet, and pride it's not exactly the best combination. I think there should be another mod at least. The anti-Nevrmore. Someone to balance him out.

SamTheUnPokeable
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 11:43 am

Hi.
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SamTheUnPokeable on Thu May 22, 2008 11:43 am

TdotOdot2k wrote:Hi.

But, as stated, it seems like you don't WANT to mod.

SamTheUnPokeable
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Obsidian_Stray on Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am

Whether Dotty ends up wanting to mod or not, I can tell you with some surety that it's safe. If it comes to it, we can call Nevr on his shit. He isn't a complete idiot.
<3
Obsidian_Stray
Keenspot Despot

Postby SamTheUnPokeable on Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 am

Obsidian_Stray wrote:Whether Dotty ends up wanting to mod or not, I can tell you with some surety that it's safe. If it comes to it, we can call Nevr on his shit. He isn't a complete idiot.

Doesn't seem like I have much choice. LEt's hope it all plays out for the better.

SamTheUnPokeable
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Auroch on Thu May 22, 2008 12:01 pm

TdotOdot2k wrote:That's what HE said! :o

Christ. That was beautiful.
NevrMore wrote:Don't fuck with Auroch. At least it's socially acceptable when she gives fellatio.
Auroch
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 12:07 pm

SamTheUnPokeable wrote:

Undecided, but I'm not going to leave you modless, either.
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mutamu on Thu May 22, 2008 12:19 pm

TdotOdot2k wrote:
SamTheUnPokeable wrote:

Undecided, but I'm not going to leave you modless, either.

Which means what, bequeathing your ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER on some poor sod if you DO decide to step down?
Join some IRC channel. Or don't. Whichever.
Mutamu
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TdotOdot2k on Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Ittttty bitty living space!
TdotOdot2k
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Dominic Deegan