The exodus is nigh. Goodbye Keenspot.

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Re: The exodus is nigh. Goodbye Keenspot.

Postby Omeg@ on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:36 am

Shortyland05 wrote:FFS, im STILL NOT VALIDATED!!! Omeg@ could you please pm a moderator or something that im TRYING to get my account validated...

Very strange.... It seems that you're already my friend in there.

* double checks*

yup, Shortyland05: joined 04-July 10, Last active Today, 09:50 AM (GMT+2)

ltcdruphs10 wrote:So does anyone know which of the larger threads from here will move to the new place?

it is not yet sure if there is going to be any thread transferace, but if there is going to be a one, it is likely going to be in here
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 am

So what are you gonna do when you've given up and suddenly get validated?

Throw another tantrum because they're so inconsistent?

Yes
Very strange.... It seems that you're already my friend in there.

* double checks*

yup, Shortyland05: joined 04-July 10, Last active Today, 09:50 AM (GMT+2)]

that seems to be the only thing I CAN do

and yep, STILL not validated
Last edited by Shortyland05 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Omeg@ on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 am

Alright, I'll contact some of the moderators and ask what's the deal here. Just relax and drink some tea. We'll get this thing working sooner than you can read all the articles in Wikipedia.

Edit:
Stingra wrote:So since I'm actually banned from that community (over a huge misunderstanding), if you guys don't like it there feel free to come join my forum. I've been picking up various people since the Fall of the RPG World forums and the three great Deegan Migrations so it's an alternative. Not a ver good one, ut hey, options are nice.

aaaahhh... I still remember RPG World. That's was a good comic that one. Still, if the people from the Dominic Deegan forum are also present, you can count me out. I have nothing against most of the people in there, but it is the precious few that burn my acid.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stingra on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am

Author wrote:Ah, I remember you. You were banned for massive trolling (there were links to blog posts made by you that invalidated your "I come in peace" message) and then we turned the entire topic into a rather silly affair.

Actually I was banned because I was arguing with a couple of the community favorites over the murder/suicide of that one steroid taking wrestler a few years back. The one that killed his wife and son then killed himself. They were treating him like some untouchable martyr of good and I came in talking about how not only was he a drugged up murderer, but that celebrities are human and die just like everyone else. Then I got a death threat from Roonstown and the next day I was banned. I think I made Homiestar cry and since she had a massive cult of personality around her at the time, all she had to do was pout in Thom's general direction for her to get her way. I think a death threat and her raging against me counts as more bannable offense than simply stating the facts about how a wrestler succumbed to roid rage and killed his family and himself.

Where did I post blog links? I'm not someone who blogs or reads blogs as I find them a waste of time. I think you're thinking of the guy from the Dominic Deegan forums who, after being banned there, went on to make that 'Your Webcomic Is Bad And You Should Feel Bad' blog. While humorous in the beginning, he quickly turned into a pile of seething hatred that was pretty much unreadable.

The only blog-like thing I've ever had was an old Xanga way back in the early 2000's. You can search for it if you like, there's some silly teen angst in it, some fiction and probably a bunch of little red X boxes from where the image hosts have died.

EDIT: All the Dominic Deegan people left, Omega. they actually didn't stay very long but still, when recounting history, every mention counts. ThyBrilliance and Legendary were the only ones who posted and they both didn't hang around for long since the DD forum was unlocked shortly after.
Socially adrift? Join http://z4.invisionfree.com/Social_Drift ... hp?act=idx today!

Piratezim wrote: god why does everyone feel the need to troll the troll? they're never good at it and just come off looking like total dorks when i slam dunk them into a bus of their own idiocy.

In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I traced my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You Will Never Leave Harlan Alive
Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks Omeg@,

seriously, thank you...

EDIT: also, thanks Briareos for also putting it out there... only just recently looked at the thread again.
Last edited by Shortyland05 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Omeg@ on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:39 am

Shortyland05 wrote:Thanks Omeg@,

seriously, thank you...

No sweat. I PM'd an administrator named Thom Khatt. He seems like a semi-active fellow. Let's hope that this will get the gears rolling sooner rather than later. Just be patient for a little longer.

Stingra
I don't know what happened to you before you got banned. Maybe you already had some bad karma on you or something. I find it hard to imagine that someone gets banned just because they say something bad about someone who killed his family and himself. Otherwise I'm starting to have second doubts about joining this place.

Stingra and Author, although I am somewhat interested on hearing what took place in this incident ( I really am), could you do it somewhere else than in this particular thread? I hope that this thread can compass many of the zebramites who are still not aware of the mass migration to the new breeding grounds. Your messages don't serve this purpose.
If you want to continue this foolish, yet intriguing debate on who's right and who's Wright, then you can do a whole new thread in here. I doubt that nobody would mind. I mean, this is a sinking ship after all. Now we can start spitting on the walls and stealing all the valuables as long as we keep the exit unblocked.

P.S. I'll probably go check out your forums at some point, Stingra. At this very moment I'm quite busy trying to get familiar with this 910CMX place. I think I could register right away....
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stingra on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:30 am

There's alot of personality worship that goes on at the 910 CMX forums. What is unacceptable for one poster is completely glossed over by one who has more personal favor with Thom and his cronies. While true defending myself may be against the grain of this thread, let it also serve as a warning: Expect hypocracy and favoritism.
Socially adrift? Join http://z4.invisionfree.com/Social_Drift ... hp?act=idx today!

Piratezim wrote: god why does everyone feel the need to troll the troll? they're never good at it and just come off looking like total dorks when i slam dunk them into a bus of their own idiocy.

Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:20 am

Well hey, as long as our little slice of the forums contains our version of sanity it should be all good 8)
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stingra on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 pm

It seems that CrosbySpot has taken Zebra Girl off the main comic index. Someone send me a PM with the new site address when it gets up, please?

Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Postby ShardZ on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm

It'll be zebragirl.net.

Right now, that directs to a placeholder where she's "putting on her face" with links to the Keenspot address (it still works for now) and this thread. Hopefully it won't take too long for the 910CMX site to go live.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Shortyland05 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:22 pm

CMXpress: Site Locked

so far its locked
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby stardrive on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 pm

ARE WE THERE YET?

:D
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 am

My question is, will Joe be more active on the new forum? Will he post an introductory post? or will he just be like he has been now?
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby stardrive on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:42 pm

AM I ALONE NOW?

HAS EVERYONE ELSE JUMPED TO THE NEW LOCATION?

HELLOOOO

WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE?

(i liked SHARDZ response!) :D

WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THE "I WAS THERE" BANNER...GOOD WORK!

I LIKE IT.
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:34 am

AW SHUT IT, WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP!

*Tosses boot*

damned kids...
:lol:
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby stardrive on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:00 pm

OUCH!

size 10..hmmm
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 am

But we're BOOooRRed! (It's infectious!)

The banner was Omega's doing. I added a link to mine. Think anyone on the new forum will notice? Or care? :D

As for Joe, I believe he still reads every post, but as for communicativeness... well, there are artists who update their fans every day that they're away (like at a con), those who tell fans they're going to a con, and those who don't tell the fans where they were until after the fact, if at all. :) While Joe at least told us where he's moving, I'd say he's somewhere in the latter two right now.

Any guesses what the holdup is? I wonder if it could be re-coding, like fixing the issue of "Why the hell are all the urls so damn long??" (Unless that was only an issue from the Angelfire days.)

Gee, we won't be able to use curse words in the new forum. I'm glad I got that out of the way now.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Omeg@ on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 am

Stardrive: The place where we (read: the ZebraGirl forum) have moved is community.910cmx.com

The little spot that we have been given to talk about ZebraGirl is here

When you get your new account up and working, don't forget to tell it in here

Things are a bit quiet in there at the moment, but that's nothing new to us, right`? We just need an update or two from Joe to get things rolling again.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ShardZ on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 pm

I've just been waiting for the comic to come back so I won't have to fix a whole bunch of old links on the new forum. :D

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Omeg@ on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 am

yeah, we aren't in any hurry here, my friends. I think we have used to do things with a lax time schedule. It's all moving along with Joe's pace.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeah, going slow seems to be a usual pace. But it works. And once I'm in college I won't have a bunch of time dedicated to entertainment, so the pace will suit me just fine. Prbly my last post on here.... And I had just started.
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby stardrive on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 pm

But..I want to see more ZEBRA GIRL! :(

Where do we go now?

(big lip sticking out)

[the banner is tres cool]
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:07 am

It's been linked to a couple of times in this thread, Stardrive. If you go to the 910CMX site and scroll down you'll find the "Zebra Girl" section.

And thank you for the update, Joe! I was beginning to worry that Keen had locked you out of the old site, which combined with your apparent validation issues on 910CMX would be a bad thing. It's also great to hear that about that commission gig. (He's... actually paying you, right? Because it seems a bit odd that the project was mostly complete as of 2009, with plans to publish it in paperback, but he hasn't added his own sections to the story yet.) For some reason, I feel like I read somewhere that you were a big fan of Snowbuni, and if so it must be a doubly-big honor that the author--a professional mechanical engineer, no less--valued your skill as drawing "intricate, lethal machinery."

What? I was bored.

A GIMMICKuh wait no it's not here now. I think it's moved to the new site. Alright, I guess we'll get back to that. Here's if you want to donate in the meantime.

*Snerk*

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shortyland05 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 am

*cough*
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Briareos on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:57 pm

*hack* *hack* *wheeze*

np: Björk - It's Not Up To You (Vespertine)
Briareos
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Zebra Girl