Sandra's Voice?

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Sandra's Voice?

Postby witch1329 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 am

I always read her demon bubbles with my own voice in my head, but i never thought about how she should probably sound more demonish. Anyone have good TV show/Movie reference that they use to read sandra's demon bubble text?
witch1329
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Sandra's Voice?

Postby Shortyland05 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I personally cant think of a TVshow/movie star's voice that my own version of Sandra's voice that i can relate too. I just use a 'Typical teenage girl' voice with the evil sadistic hoarse twist to it... if that makes sense lol
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I always think of her talking like the people who have portrayed her in the Fan Media section. Primarily I think of her voice as being like the one in the Zebra Girl - The Short Film linked there.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piperhecht on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 am

I always thought that Robin Dempsey's voice most closely matched the voice of Sandra's post-demonization voice in my head, but that's probably just me.
As a side note, "Sam's Theme" by Hamish Fox is probably closer to Zeppo of the Marx Bros. just messing around on the piano than something from most of Chaplin's films. That being said, I think it's a great theme for Sam. :)
Piperhecht
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kubrick on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

In my head, Sandra's voice is seductive with a dangerous edge. I'd settle for Jessica's voice in the fan film mentioned above, but slightly raspier. If, that is, I had the chance to do it again.
Kubrick
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Omeg@ on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:04 am

I keep hearing her voice as heavy knives running against stone floor. Different shades of guttural rasps with a hint of a feminine softness; just enough to make her sound lilke a monster and just enough to make her sound like a human.
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dunham on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Always pictured it as your classic female-esque monster out of some fantastical horror film, only instead of guttural cries and wails, it talks. No specific movie jumps to mind, but there's a lot that fit that.
Dunham
Junior Keenspotter

Postby stardrive on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am

I have the movie where they have a voice like Sandra's! It's on a 1972 film called GARGOYLES with Bernie Casey as the head gargoyle. (Bernie also has shown up recently on Voyager as one of the Maquis). His voice came across as a buzz, but I think the effect would be pretty good. (If you get a chance to watch the movie, see it..don't expect to be enthralled..but it's okay. Especially notice the sounds when the gargoyles attack the station wagon.)
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aboleth on Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 am

Well, I play alot of forgotten realms and sandra kinda reminds me of the Unnamed one from Planescape torment, and I figured she'd make a badass dustman, and I figured her voice would be like a slightly echoed, hollow sounding version of the DROW_FEMALE, from Icewind Dale 2, but after reading this forum, I'm kinda inspired to dig up all my old video games and see If I can find a voice that matches
Aboleth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:50 pm

I've always read her voice in my head in just a bit more of a sarcastic and raspier voice :/
I guess it's all just up to the reader, unless we get a verifiable link from Joe with an example. Though i'd guess the live vid is prbly the closest.
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zebra Girl