Shadowpact.

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Shadowpact.

Postby StacyD on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:36 pm

I don't know if anyone here has checked out this series from DC Comics, but I think it'd do well amongst the audience here; a group of mismatched magical heroes who form a covenant against evil known as the Shadowpact; a team that is at once fated to do great deeds while simulataneously being cursed to a tragic doom. Written by Bill Willingham (of Fables fame) and drawn by Willingham with Steve Scott and others, it makes for a fun read on the supernatural side of the DCU. It even features a couple of my favorite DC third-string heroes; Ragman, Blue Devil, Nightmaster, Detective Chimp, Nightshade and the Enchantress. It's got a pep and a joi de vivre that I think would fit in well with the readers of ZG.

Stac
'We believe in heroes because, ultimately, we believe in ourselves.' -Jack Kirby
StacyD
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Shadowpact.

Postby Skullduggerous on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 am

The supernatural side of the DCU is the only side of it worth examining.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Shadowpact.

Postby StacyD on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah, although R.E.B.E.L.S. remains a favorite read of mine. Vril Dox is just such a magnificent bastard, and it's nice to see a book that doesn't feature the various Care Bear Corps running rampant all over the DCU.

Stac

ETA: Yes, I am aware of the irony of decrying the Care Bear Corps' whilst having a Blue Lantern icon. Ah heh heh. . .bunny! *flees* :wink:
'We believe in heroes because, ultimately, we believe in ourselves.' -Jack Kirby
StacyD
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zebra Girl