The Cracked Skull

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

The Cracked Skull

Postby Father Question on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:03 am

The Cracked Skull, a new thread for all the strange theories regarding the comic that are plot relevant. Not phiolosohy or science of the ZGverse, here we will enshrine the reral questiobs, who is Brown, what happened to Nike's female friend, what is a magic gasm, and how much bier does it take to get a cartoon rabbiot drunk?

Anyway I will start of with a theory that is highly unlikely but if it pans out I wanto be on the recird predicting it. Some of yopu may recall that I speculated about Sandra being part demon even prior to the book slammiong incident? The preimse was that Sandra's unmentioned father was a demon, possibly Chalk.

Now I have a another theory which is true to the title of thios thread. The Professor is Sandra's father. Please bear with me.

He is defintely old enough, and despitev his "I am steel" approach it would only take one lapse. If true I doubt he would have been aware of her existence. As for ther deomomnic aspect he had metamorphic energy sealed in him, it could be hereditary. Of cioursdwe thaty means Sandra full kissed her father, ugh. But who knows what sort of stuff demomns get into, some parts of Hell are probably like parts of Amsterdam.

Feel free to tear into this, it is not that hard.
"Afore my very eyes, the deid walk."
"The undeid form an army, line up, and march forth."
"AFORE YE EVEN HAVE AE CHANCE TAE TREMBLE. . . YE'LL PERISH LIKE STRAW."

View my story at: http://forum.tfsnewworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35
Father Question
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: North of a river with a name that has two meanings.

Re: The Cracked Skull

Postby Skullduggerous on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Tear into it? Friend, I don't even need to look at it askance to know it's not worth two beans. Speaking completely out of experience here, I'm pretty sure that we can conclusively say this is something Joe just wouldn't do.

The old "I AM your father" gag is so old it would have been out of place even in the nice old ZG world, where jokes were a dollar a dozen. No, this possibility hasn't been explored simply because it's not worth mentioning. With all the throwing down the two of them did, don't you think that he would have mentioned it at some point, even just to knock her off her feet? C'mon.

*dusts hands* Alright, that's done, next theory!
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Father Question on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 pm

That is what you get for a dollar.

As for more crack theories that was the best I had. All that's elft now is logical reasoning that would dismiss this idea as juxtaposed spoot.

So who will step up with the madness?

Father Question
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vole-in-hand on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:37 am

Father Question wrote:So who will step up with the madness?

I think there's a lot of merit to a speculation of prior demon influence, or such, but I don't think it'd be something so convenient as a hybrid theory. Basically, from my perspective, the "random magic" thing doesn't satisfy me, doesn't add up. The simplest answer is often the right one; I think she became a demon either because she was likely to, or fated to, or because the demon had a catalytic nature to such an occurrence. She may have been a demon all along... the demon may have been in the book all along... Chalk, in fact, may have orchestrated the whole thing. It's easier to follow cause to effect, than effect to cause, but cause there certainly was.
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Skullduggerous on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:11 pm

OBJECTION!

The entire premise of the original plotline was that it was random. I support this--simply because I enjoy the idea of limitless consequences for slamming a book, mostly. But additionally I feel that attaching "fate" of any kind to Sandra somehow doesn't work. It doesn't stick. In fact, she openly defies a "destiny" of any sort--she doesn't use her powers for good, she doesn't come to any greater understanding of herself. Instead she descends into madness and hatred. Aside from the advances in moral integrity shown by her friends, her transformation has had no positive effects on the world...one could argue a case of "dark destiny," but she would shun that as well. Since she currently exists to contradict expectations (cuz she's CARAZY!) it's hard to establish any kind of purpose or inherent "point" to her transformation.

In the line of crackpot theories, do you think we will see Chalk again? He's left Sandra's brain, possibly for good, and he doesn't seem to be coming back--she's a demon now, and he seems to think his work is done. Are we ever gonna find out where he came from, why, etc.? I don't think we will...
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Father Question on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm

A most valid view.

Speaking of which when was the last time we saw Chalk?

Father Question
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BrianJ on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 pm

The "I am your father" schtick would fit the semi-running gag (can two times be considered an ongoing gag?) of BS's dialogue being taken from George Lucas, but I think that'd be taking it *JUST* a tad bit too far. The horse is dead - time to dismount and bury it's pulped remains.

vole-in-hand wrote:Basically, from my perspective, the "random magic" thing doesn't satisfy me, doesn't add up. The simplest answer is often the right one

Well, we've been calling it "random" because that's what Crystal (and through her, Joe) called it: "Slamming the book causes a RANDOM release of magical energy! It was highlighted!" (emphasis mine). As for Occam's Razor, I'm not sure what could be a more simple answer than random occurrence? What sounds simpler: "You were FATED with this change. It was a DOOM written on your DESTINY before you were ever BOOOORRRNNNNN!!!" or "stuff happens"?

that being said, on a side note:
Skullduggerous wrote:Aside from the advances in moral integrity shown by her friends, her transformation has had no positive effects on the world
to be devil's advocate (which might seem like I'm debating against what I just said in the previous paragraph, oh well), there wasn't a positive effect on THIS world, but one can argue that she had a positive effect on Sam's world...

Father Question wrote:Speaking of which when was the last time we saw Chalk?

Last seen talking to Sandra in the eternity that lasts a heartbeat before she was knocked unconscious by a werewolf slamming her to the ground by a huge ball of magically-enhanced cemetery fence posts (Whew! That's a mouthful, er.. finger-typing-full!)
"Man. Floating in a Mindscape while getting sucked on by an evil parasite isn't NEAR this boring in the comic books." -Jack
BrianJ
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:10 pm

one could argue a case of "dark destiny," but she would shun that as well. Since she currently exists to contradict expectations (cuz she's CARAZY!) it's hard to establish any kind of purpose or inherent "point" to her transformation.

I wouldn't say that she 'Currently exists to contradict expectaions'. She got turned into a Demon, she tried to ignore/fight the fact that she was a Demon, and now shes trying to act out the things she thinks/knows that a real Demon would do. So in essence she would be doing what she would expect a true demon to do
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Return to Zebra Girl