Maniacal Laughter

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Maniacal Laughter

Postby Tremor on Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 am

I dont know if someone mentioned it before but it reminds me of this little Tim Burton Movie "Vincent".
I know its meant to be like Dexters Lab or Invader Zim but the Rhyme-thing and so on...
what did you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8uQzu0IL0
Tremor
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Maniacal Laughter

Postby Skullduggerous on Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 am

Wow. Never seen that before. It was quite interesting--reminds me of a better time, a simpler time, when insane depression had real dramatic merit and wasn't "emo"...That said, Vincent is quite the emo kid in between his diabolical meanderings.

I like Joe's story of an evil child better, of course...Tim Burton often makes gruesome or "dark" thingamajigs just for the hell of it, while England always seems to care about his characters, and concentrates more on humor (at least at first.)
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vole-in-hand on Mon May 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Skullduggerous wrote:I like Joe's story of an evil child better, of course...Tim Burton often makes gruesome or "dark" thingamajigs just for the hell of it, while England always seems to care about his characters, and concentrates more on humor (at least at first.)

Tim Burton has a very romantic vision of the macabre. For example, this is in a similar artistic vein.

He's a little weird for me, but i adore Nightmare Before Christmas.
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MrBigMr on Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 am

On the subject of videos, the current Sandra reminds me of the song by Voltaire, title When You're Evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8GK-Ik ... re=related
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
- Edel, Princess Tutu
MrBigMr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Skullduggerous on Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Heh heh heh! That's quite a well-done little animatic.

Through all the darkness and grimness of Sandra's life as an evil monster, there's been this odd little undercurrent of psychotically black humor that pops up now and then and keeps the comic much better than it would be without. This video reminds me of that--especially the main refrain, which Sandra seems to pretty much embrace nowadays.

After all...it's so easy.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zebra Girl