Damaged

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Damaged

Postby Skullduggerous on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:23 am

I figured I should make myself a thread for it, because it's kind of enormous. The Word version is getting to be fifty-odd pages now.

Also, I'd like some feedback--what do you guys think? Opinions, suggestions, corrections? Has anyone here ever read JTHM?

http://zebragirl.keenspot.com/damaged.html

I'm loving the illustrations Joe did for it. The man may not profess to it, but he's kind of a genius. Lookit that detail! I said look at it! :o
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Damaged

Postby BrianJ on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 am

I'm liking this so far. I love the dialogue style - very natural sounding. You gave Mike a last name (and very fitting, given the town he lives in).

Interesting concepts on the ethereal realm, with some hefty sounding words (entropophage). Now, I feel a rather large confrontation coming up. I can't wait to read more.

There may be something to this: the way to get Sandra's head back on straight may be to have her fight something more evil than herself, to bring her back into perspective. Then again, that might also send her spiralling even further into evil. Who knows (well, besides maybe Joe).

Keep up the good writing.
"Man. Floating in a Mindscape while getting sucked on by an evil parasite isn't NEAR this boring in the comic books." -Jack
BrianJ
Keenspot Despot

Postby Skullduggerous on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm glad you like it. It's fun to write, and I get to play around with some of my favorite fictional characters.

I'm still working on the next part, but feel free to peruse Part 2 and tell me what you think!
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nagwam on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:43 am

I love it so far! I'm normally good with words, but I had to look up 'exsanguinate'. Wicked :P
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Skullduggerous on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 am

Thank you! Glad you like it! Part Three's coming up soon.
___

Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Skullduggerous on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Part Three is up! Anyone got opinions?
___

Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Omeg@ on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Sorry, I got my mind full with School stuff right now. Actually I've had my mind full of school stuff for the past two years now :grumble:

Maybe I'll have some free time during the summer.
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Return to Zebra Girl