General Fanwork Thread

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Re: General Fanwork Thread

Postby Rone on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:02 am

*blinks*

Holy cow, that's awesome.

Also intimidating. Is it hard to learn?
An Online Comic. Updated Wednesday and Saturday.
Rone
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pnelma Tirian on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Hey guys! I love Damaged, btw, just throwing that out there--very exciting. :D

Because I am such a gigantic dork, I wrote my college essay mostly on Zebra Girl---well, really, it's just an ode to Joe. XD I hope he's not too creeped by it! It's not really that creepy, honest. :D

Here it is!

http://asylumlabs.com/otisessay.html

I hope you guys enjoy it--my college certainly did! I got into Otis!!! College, here I come! FWOOOOOOSSSHHHH

(that's enough nonsense now thank you)
"Hey, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go."

http://asylum.scarredions.com/
VAMPIRES! NECROMANCERS! LITTLE KIDS! PSYCHOS!
Pnelma Tirian
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Skullduggerous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Damn! That is exceptionally well written! Well done Pnelma!

I like it because it's such a familiar experience. I too read through the archives in about a day ( although I actually slept in between readings) and I love how you capture what you like about the comic: its ability to inspire.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nagwam on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Um . . . hi.

I'm not sure how to proceed with this, since everyone here is doing amazing things. But I thought that perhaps I could throw in my two cents.

I wrote 'Angels & Demons' a while ago, and it seemed quite popular, so now I'm writing a sequel, called 'Chronicles of a Demon'. Here it is. Please let me know what you think :)
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Skullduggerous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Yo Nagwam!

Guess what? I'm actually in the middle of reading Angels and Demons right now. So far I've found it uniquely fascinating. It is kind of huge, but I tend to write long myself, so cheerio!

So far the concepts alone are enough to keep me hooked. Plus the illustrations are very neat! I particularly love the one of Sandra as a rabbit. Very cute.

I'm at the part where Sam falls asleep near the bust of his head, after he gets all maudlin for Tawny and the gang. I'm'a continue when I have more free time, but so far, not too shabby. Looking forward to more.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nagwam on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:41 am

I'm glad you like. The pictures are Joe's, he did them for me once I'd finished the story. I didn't ask, he just did them. You can't imagine how happy that made me :D.
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Rone on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 am

Pnelma, well done on the essay, and congrats on your subsequent acceptance!

You described an experience very close to my own. ZG was a huge inspiration to me for starting my webcomic too, and you've captured in words exactly the process of becoming a webcomic creator. The joy (and chagrin) of looking back on where you started and seeing how far you've come, mixed with the excitement for the future of the project. Most importantly, the hope and dream that somewhere, someday, somebody will create their own story, because your work inspired them to start.

It was a great read, and probably confused the heck out of, but intrigued, most of the people who read it but have never heard of a webcomic. Who knows, maybe you just earned Joe more readers of the college-essay-evaluating variety. With an essay like that, I don't think I could help myself from finding out more about this new-fangled "webcomic" thing.
An Online Comic. Updated Wednesday and Saturday.
Rone
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nagwam on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Woot, Part 2 is up of Chronicles of a Demon. Joe did a picture too. How awsome is that?!?!?!
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Skullduggerous on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:55 am

It's a really nice picture too. O_O I've got to remember to commission him sometime...the freebies in my fic are awesome, but I want some original characters doodled up.

Of course, I could always just hone my own actual skills and learn to replicate his style in a way that pleases me.

...Nah.
___

Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nagwam on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey look! The latest installment of Chronicles of a Demon is up. Someone should like totally e-mail the author and tell him what they think of it.

*cough cough* please *cough*
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Omeg@ on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I remember reading Angels & Demons long time ago and quite frankly, it was the best fan fic during its time. I never got to read it to the end though and I don't remember much what happened in it. You see, while Mister/Miss nagwam was still finishing hir story, I was finishing my high school. When the school ended, I "joined" the army and was cut off from my supply of Zebra stories. After a year passed and I got myself back into the civil side of society, there was just too much stuff to do and too many stories to catch up. Plus the starting of College didn't help much either.

I should start reading A&D again, now that it's finished. I'd really want to. Hell, I'd really want to start drawing some more fan art as well. I have whole bunch of half started ZebraGirl projects just lying around. I just need to get these damn biochemical articles done first. Then there's that enforcer training that I need to finish and the EOD stuff that I need look at, plus the Arkham horror project and the PitWorld-project and Bachelor degree final project (which I'm trying to do as an comic. How cool would that be?) and the new Truth-o-logy webpade that I need to design and those WH40k armies/tournaments and rest of that stuff...

But other than that, I'm pretty available for new projects!
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby nagwam on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Omeg@ wrote:I remember reading Angels & Demons long time ago and quite frankly, it was the best fan fic during its time.

WOOT!
nagwam
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Delmion on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 am

Hello there. I am testing my general ability to post on this "Keenspot" thing, and I figured giving a general cheer to creative fanwork folks might work out. So, go creative people!

--Delmion
Delmion
Junior Keenspotter

Postby MrBigMr on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Delmion wrote:Hello there. I am testing my general ability to post on this "Keenspot" thing, and I figured giving a general cheer to creative fanwork folks might work out. So, go creative people!

When a person decides to come to a thread, nay, to a forum, just to tell people to get the lead out, I think it's something you better obey. Who know how far they're ready to go.

Did I just see something move outside my window?

I dunno. I mean, I have that one piece a long, long time ago, but it was crap to begin with. Could look for it and rewrite it. Dammit, and I still have to turn up two entried for Black Library's new competition, redo my 40K trilogy into PDF format and I was going to spend most of the summer writing a novel I was hoping to get published some day. Well, either it's fame and fortune with a mysterious talker, or no fame, no fortune and no creepy stalker outside of my window.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
- Edel, Princess Tutu
MrBigMr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Omeg@ on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:32 am

To MrBigMr:

To be honest, your story of Xerxes (that was his name, right?) was one fo the best WH40k short sotires that I've gone through; and I've gone through quite a many of them. I'd love to read some more of that shit, yo. Speaking of which.... Trilogy? You mean there are three parts? I've only seen two.
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby MrBigMr on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Omeg@ wrote:To be honest, your story of Xerxes (that was his name, right?) was one fo the best WH40k short sotires that I've gone through; and I've gone through quite a many of them. I'd love to read some more of that shit, yo. Speaking of which.... Trilogy? You mean there are three parts? I've only seen two.

Yeah, there's 3 parts (didn't you notice the huge cliffhanger at the end of the 2nd one?). I'm yet to convert the last one into PDF form, but I have the first two ready and packed (the second one doesn't have the background to it, as the damn thing just won't work, but hopefully I'll get it fixed at some point):
http://rapidshare.de/files/47583864/Sla ... w.rar.html
The third one is available here:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Pro ... opic=14144
There's also an army project log:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Pro ... opic=14145
But it contains some spoilers, especially about the third novel, so thread carefully.

Then there's some 40K shorts at BL forum:
http://forum.blpublishing.com/forum_pos ... 11847&PN=1
http://forum.blpublishing.com/forum_pos ... =3343&PN=1
http://forum.blpublishing.com/forum_pos ... D=340&PN=1
I also have two or three other short ones that I need to go through and upload at some point.

EDIT:
Well, reinstalling the program seems to have fixed all problems. So here's the two pieces with full background and all:
http://rapidshare.de/files/47604780/Sla ... w.rar.html
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
- Edel, Princess Tutu
MrBigMr
Keenspot Despot

Postby MrBigMr on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 am

Ok, finally got around finishing the third novel into its PDF form and uploaded it. The whole trilogy:
http://rapidshare.de/files/47846694/Sla ... w.zip.html
- Edel, Princess Tutu
MrBigMr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:51 pm

To anyone who cares

If people have intrest, I found the last 2 chapters to my fanfiction Operation Silent Move

http://zebragirl.keenspot.com/operationsilentmove.html

Somehow I will upload them, either in a seperate thread or if Joe is willing I will resend the .html files to him via gmail

but only if people want me to, or if Joe wants to finally complete that damn story on his website xD
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby MrBigMr on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 am

Was working on my ZG themed Warhammer daemon army and managed to put together an early sketch of my "wolf chariot".

Suppose to be Deyonne-ish herald on there with a pair of her pack pulling the chariot. The one on the left is suppose to be based on Berserk (note the missing paw). I couldn't come up with a way of giving him a bandana (collar wouldn't have been the same), so I gave him a sort of rabbit's foot earring to give him somesort of a bad boy look. Maybe he's hoping not to loose any other extremeties.

The herald is made from Morvahna the Autumnblade from Hordes, the wolves are LotR wargs, the chariot is modified from a Tomb King chariot and the rabbit's foot and the wolf skull icon on the chariot are from Space Wolf bits.

And here's the chariot with my "Crystal riding Wally" herald:

Doyenne is intended to have the Many Armed Monstosity daemonic gift, which gives her +2 attacks, which I felt was the best option for her, seeing as she's a monstrous beast that would bite and claw her way through the opposition. I made her to be used vs. lightly armoured troops or monsters. With her mounts included, together they ditch out 8 attacks, not including the 1-6 hits that the chariot causes when it crashed into enemy ranks. She's to balance out the "Jack" chariot, which is armed with Etherblade (ignores armor), which works well vs. heavily armoured targets, like units of knights.

Jack chariot:

Well, Jackie chariot, really. One theme I chose for the army, well before making ZG units into it, was to make it all female. So some of the characters have had a sex change done to them, like "Mrs. Chalk", the army battle standard bearer.
- Edel, Princess Tutu
MrBigMr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Beanjamish on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Hah. Now there's a Chaos army idea.

So I've been reading ZG for, like, 3 years. Recently gave the whole thing a re-read, remembered why I loved it, and decided I needed to stop lurking. Thought I'd break into the forums with some fan art of everyone's favorite enigma.

Beanjamish
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Beanjamish on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

*edit*
Woops, Double post.

Apologies. Wasn't aware of that whole thing where new members needed their posts approved.
Beanjamish
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Shortyland05 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:28 pm

thats some great work there Beanjamish, pretty good words too.

I love how you have done Mr Chalk.

ahem
YOU FIRE!!
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Beanjamish on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Thankya. The words are from a somewhat obscure old nursery rhyme.

Now, if you'll excuse me.

*burns to a crisp*
Beanjamish
Junior Keenspotter

Postby vole-in-hand on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Oh hey, I made another little collage.

vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sithrazer on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 am

Just remembered I had this forum account for years that I've never used, so I figured I'd share this wallpaper image I pieced together. It's 1280x1024 so I'll just link to it rather than post the actual image.

Evil Grins

I think Joe does my absolute favorite evil, toothy grins. :evilgrin:
Sithrazer
Junior Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Zebra Girl