Current Comic Thread

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Re: Current Comic Thread

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Thu May 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Azrael001 wrote:If a can of soup is art, then so is a fictional creature's fictional balls being fictionally threatened.

Agreeest much.
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Omeg@ on Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Azrael001 wrote:If a can of soup is art, then so is a fictional creature's fictional balls being fictionally threatened.

That reminds me of
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Omeg@ on Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh! An oldschoo strip update! How nostalgic.

I wonder what the currency in that world is anyway. Once, in a RPG that me an my friends were developing, there was machine that could make any wish come true, but it required something equally important from you, such as memories and items of great importance.

Edit:

Oh, and the donation animation was probably the coolest thus far. Especially the second run.

*snort* Plot exposition
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sat May 29, 2010 3:57 am

Back to the old school!! I'm completely fine with nostalgia, and if this keeps up the "illusion" of progress, i'm completely fine with it! It also allows for a breakdown of the plot over the month, instead of just one week where everyone jumps on it and then flees like the hit and run characters we are ^_^

I'm wondering who these gods of commerce are, and whether there's going to be any ramifications. Even if she doesn't have a visa, doesn't that mean eventually she'll be caught and deported? Which in her case might be good, but, meh.

Either way, thanks for the update Joe!!
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Sat May 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Joe England wrote:By the way, I'd like to thank you all for bearing with me as I find my feet with this new medium I've adapted.

Sorry Joe, but you have done this before... cant remember which comic strip number you did it with. But I do remember you doing something like that before.

And I wonder what type of 'Commercal Gods' they have in that dimension...
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby JoeEngland on Sat May 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Shortyland05 wrote:Sorry Joe, but you have done this before... cant remember which comic strip number you did it with. But I do remember you doing something like that before.

I can assure you I never touched Prismacolor before a few comics ago. Or were you referring to the piecemeal comics?
JoeEngland
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Sun May 30, 2010 8:43 am

yea, teh piecemeal comics
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Wanderer on Sun May 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Shortyland05 wrote:yea, teh piecemeal comics

Those he's done before, and he even acknowledged that, but the new medium he was talking about seems to be the prismacolor markers. As seen here.
I am... no one.
The Wanderer
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Either way, i really like the new coloring. It feels much smoother and relaxed. The action is still there, it just feels more fluid.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon May 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I found the subtly placed "plot exposition" to be most humorous. I support your return to piecemeal updates as I remember this approach working very well. I enjoy your use of prismacolors. I want to say the difference is subtle but that's not quite right as it is rather noticeable. I suppose it is closer to say that your use of the prismacolor medium fits the comic well and that it has an appropriateness of application about it that makes it feel welcome. If that makes any kind of sense.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Omeg@ on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 am

I wonder if Sandra's journal is going make a comeback. Maybe Crystal, Jack or Sam can hijack it and use it to their vile purposes.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stingra on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm

On one hand, I'm okay with getting more updates.

On the other hand, I'm rather put off by how small they are.

Too bad there's no option for just being informed when the comics are whole in the archives, I'd rather read them like that then like this.
Socially adrift? Join http://z4.invisionfree.com/Social_Drift ... hp?act=idx today!

Piratezim wrote: god why does everyone feel the need to troll the troll? they're never good at it and just come off looking like total dorks when i slam dunk them into a bus of their own idiocy.

In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I traced my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You Will Never Leave Harlan Alive
Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Postby stardrive on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:03 am

See the shape of the house in the background?

Coincidence?

Sure are a lot of things to look at in these strips. The people, the buildings, the signs.

She probably won't be able to use the GOTCHA trick when she gets something to eat or drink.

(they just might wear their's..somewhere else) :lol:
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Briareos on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:49 am

The "Cheshire Patrol" guy in the lower left corner sure cracked me up... :lol:

np: Ibliss - High Life (Deutsche Elektronische Musik (Disc 2))
Briareos
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Drooling Iguana on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:00 am

So gorillas, chimpanzees, dolphins, elephants and crows (and possibly octopusses) require "abundant glamour" in order to flourish?
I used to think I was a child; now I think I am an adult -- not because I no longer do childish things, but because those I call adults are no more mature than I am.
Drooling Iguana
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:25 am

Drooling Iguana wrote:So gorillas, chimpanzees, dolphins, elephants and crows (and possibly octopusses) require "abundant glamour" in order to flourish?

He said, "sentient" right? It could just be that Joe was using sentient to apply to races or species that formed civilizations.
Thus allowing for all the gorillas, chimpanzees, dolphins, elephants and crows to remain on earth without abundant glamour.
Although if you look at the world around us today, there's plenty of glamour.

I do like how you've made the strip so fluid Joe. Right in and through. And the house in the distance is a nice touch.
Can't wait for more.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm guessing humans are seen more like an infestation that needs to be controlled rather than custodians. Phrases like "human season" and "clever meat" remind me more of deer overpopulation or rats that have invaded an abandoned house. In some fictional universes, it was human belief in reason/science/religion etc. that forced magic from the world. If that was the case here, the magical creatures may be feeling a bit vengeful.

It's interesting to learn that the "inherent ability to transcend space" is also something of a norm. Just never thought about it, I guess. I wonder if the werewolf shifting falls into that category, or if it's more of a dimension-crossing thing?

And that is a very nice donation animation. Just when you think it's started over, bam! Not that that was the hardest part, but it's cute.

Anyway, thank you Joe! For sticking with us fans, lurky as most of us are, as well as the comic. It's a shame to hear about the wrench in the book process and... all the other stuff. I don't know about most of it, but there are plenty of free stat trackers out there... StatCounter is one I enjoy. It claims to be free and not clutter up the site with ads (only on the stat page, which readers can choose to view). As for a new website, which you'll need in a few weeks, I don't know about free ones versus the amount of storage you'd need.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Omeg@ on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:20 am

One could get used to this "a zebragirlupdateperweek" -thingy, again 8)

I also had to get my English-to-English dictionary to tell me what a "simile" is. I guess we'll learn something new everyday. Didn't know Sandra cared so much about proper English.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I really like these weekly updates ^_^
I like where this is going! Sandra's abrasive mindset and no BS personality is very engaging, and it's very interesting to see her interact with Mr. Flying Book whose name i've forgotten and am to lazy to go back and find it.
Keep em' coming
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Marika Oniki on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Ah, Devildoll and Radiskull. I loved that flash series. Nice to see they haven't been forgotten.
Marika Oniki
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ShardZ on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:10 pm

And Revelia Castle is Shiro's site.

Welcome, Marika Oniki! Someone should be along to burn welcome you eventually. Maybe.

EDIT: What the heck, here's an oldie-but-goodie.
YOU! FIRE!

Omeg@ wrote:Didn't know Sandra cared so much about proper English.

Yeah, I think there was just a brief hint or two in the Journal that she was a stickler for spelling and grammar, and that may have been it.

Oh, and still loving the Prismacolor, of course. Those fingerprint-like patterns in the second panel look like they take a steady hand. And there's the hatching going in different directions for the stones in the wall of the previous update. Even with less time needed for shading, there's still no cutting corners, it seems. Kudos, Joe!
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Garradha on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:04 pm

NO! DON'T DO IT, SANDRA! DON'T DO IT!

It's too late, isn't it? She's already done it. Well, crap.
Garradha
Junior Keenspotter

Postby vole-in-hand on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm

If she lets him out, won't he just try to enslave the human world again? He certainly seemed keen on it before.
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Omeg@ on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Ah the unraveling.
*takes a sip of his morning tea*
This plot became much more interesting.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shortyland05 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:31 am

Somehow I dont think Sandra cares anymore. If she terrorized and did as she pleased to the folk of Miscellaneous, do you really think she would give a hoot about some demon lord causing havoc in the rest of the world?
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Zebra Girl