Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

Jan 10 comic (god. here we go again.)

Postby vole-in-hand on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Heeeee'res Johnny!

:o
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Jan 10 comic (god. here we go again.)

Postby Shortyland05 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:04 am

lol, looks like the newbies were right... Great comic Joe, keep em coming...

I wonder if Crystal is gonna try her strategy
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Omeg@ on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:17 am

Woah! She really freaked out. Oh and there's Mike.

I dunno. I. don't. know. what's gonna happen. and it thrills me.
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cyaegha42 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:50 am

Well folks, for good or ill(and I'm betting on the former for now), everyone's home. It's always nice to have a reunion, even under.. difficult.. circumstances. I still think Sam's part in Sandra's play isn't over. After all, as part of her, he has to "go", too.
And as for Crystal, she can USUALLY get through to Sandra, although right now, it's not really Sandra. It's a fear-based reaction. She saw Hell, doesn't want to go, wants to stay, SO, do the best demon "job" she can right there in the real world...
Who knows? Except for Joe, no one. This is gonna be good...
The End Is The Beginning
Cyaegha42
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Skullduggerous on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:12 am

Gaaah! She's so creepy!
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamster on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 am

Sandra is -fast-!

All the way from the cottage in the woods, to the previous home in the matter of a few sentences?

If anything, that shows that no, running away from her won't be an option either way.
Jamster
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vole-in-hand on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Cyaegha42 wrote:It's a fear-based reaction. She saw Hell, doesn't want to go, wants to stay, SO, do the best demon "job" she can right there in the real world...

Hmm, I hadn't heard that one. Kinda makes sense. Being evil and being afraid have similarities.
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cyaegha42 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:32 am

Stephen King is fond of referring to evil as "bland, dull, and moronic". Fear is an emotion designed specifically to shut off higher functions, such as analytical thought, and puts you straight into Fight/Flight. In Sandra's case, she's doing both. The Human side and the Demonic side are, well, conflicting doesn't work.... Ah heck. Let's just say this: It's going to be an interesting reunion.

And now that I've thought about it, her little quip about "ignoring" makes more sense. Her original Self would find safety and solace in that home, with Jack and Crystal(not Wally, mr johnny-come-after-i've-become-a-demon). Sam's special. He IS her. And he gave into the dark part of himself LONG ago. But he got better.. reasons to live do that. I still think he and Crystal have the pivotal roles here. But I expect someone will do something very out of character. What would you do to bring YOUR best-friend back from a place like that?

Cyaegha Out.
The End Is The Beginning
Cyaegha42
Junior Keenspotter

Postby BrianJ on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Yep. Sandra's crazy fast. I seem to recall some observational modeling that her height and leg configuration would allow her to run at around 45 mph. Flying would probably be even faster. Then again, as hinted at in her Wooden Castle "dream" sequence, she may have other-demonic means of "portal"-style travel as well.

Crystal is the one person Sandra has not interacted with since her Evil swing started. Although Sam still has an important part in all this (ie: the reason she's come to the house), I still believe it's all been leading up to the confrontation between Sandra and Crystal... "Evil" vs Innocence.

Hey there, Cyaegha42. YOU! FIRE!
Welcome. Don't get ash everywhere - we just cleaned the sofa. From your posts, it seems you've been a lurker for a while. How long have you been reading, and how'd you find out about ZebraGirl?

I, too, like your idea that she may be acting as evil as she can in order to escape Hell. Interesting twist (as most people think of acting good to get away from Hell). It seems obvious to me that she has been using evil-ness to mask her own fear, but what that fear has been of has been open to debate.
"Man. Floating in a Mindscape while getting sucked on by an evil parasite isn't NEAR this boring in the comic books." -Jack
BrianJ
Keenspot Despot

Postby Skullduggerous on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:44 pm

My personal thinking is that she's not actually in the room with them. Remember the monologue by Jack about how she can "infiltrate" the human plane of existance and be in multiple places at once, in terms of her essence? She's just shifting her attention, and now she's going to give them a creepy talk without actually having to be there.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zebra Girl