The Professor Unresolved

Ever have one of those days?

Moderator: JoeEngland

The Professor Unresolved

Postby Father Question on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 pm

My query is what you think of Professor Gregory Broadshoulder's role in the story to come.

I do not believe he is out for good. Though ironcally he seems to have become far more human since his fall to the infernal.

By the way Herr England the Professor's descending monlogue makes my top twenty list. Your writing for that was inspiring.

So then . . . what have you?
"Afore my very eyes, the deid walk."
"The undeid form an army, line up, and march forth."
"AFORE YE EVEN HAVE AE CHANCE TAE TREMBLE. . . YE'LL PERISH LIKE STRAW."

View my story at: http://forum.tfsnewworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35
Father Question
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: North of a river with a name that has two meanings.

Re: The Professor Unresolved

Postby Skullduggerous on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:53 pm

I consider him out of the game, completely. No hypothetical hypothesis needed. He's done, finished, doomed to rot and burn in hell.

If Sandra ever falls he'll still be there; he is, after all, imprisoned.

All in all I think he had a good run. He was despicable, sure, but in the end he became a character with purpose, if not likability. And he's solely responsible for creating a terrible monster out of what was once a mostly innocent girl.

Frankly, I'm glad to see him go. Although the whole "eternal torture" thing kinda sucks.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vole-in-hand on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Took that guy a whole lifetime to crumble. A personality like that doesn't like the idea of fading out, which is why he basically planned his own death. It's kind of peculiar when you expect to die and suddenly don't. Now he's got plenty of time to sort it out.

I think story dynamic demands closure in his case, and not the sort of closure he had in mind. It's not terribly important how long he stays in that hole, but if you think about it he's essentially tied to Sandra, who in turn is tied to all the other characters. As long as she's alive he still has a lifeline to Earth, albeit one with fangs.

The villains are really the most interesting characters in this story, in my opinion. Duvase was the only one that I liked to see put down.

If you think about it, Tool and Doyenne did get closure, in different senses. They might show up again, but they don't need to. Maybe DS does.
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shortyland05 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:49 pm

i reckon he will pop back into the story when we least expect it
BURN, JACK, BURN!
*This is not a subliminal message*
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby Skullduggerous on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 am

Personally I'm waiting for Pooka Zin to pop his fearsome head back into the story. For all of his two pages I freakin' loved that guy. Mary Shrieks was cool too, but she didn't have needle teeth.

Broadshoulders, or Demonshoulders as he seems to be called now, seems pretty much done with. His story wrapped up, and if he does come back, it won't be for years.
___

"It was like having Jiminy Cricket in your head, if he was a serial killer and kept telling you to eat people."
Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BrianJ on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Skullduggerous wrote:Broadshoulders, or Demonshoulders as he seems to be called now, seems pretty much done with. His story wrapped up...

Maybe not. Jack seems to think he still has more to his story. Check out his exchange with DS here, 7th frame:

DS: I have more questions, and you may be the last living thing I ever see...
Jack: I DOUBT IT. But go on. (emphasis mine)

Wizards have a certain sense about these things, I think.

Joe has this wonderful tendancy to bring in elements from the past that seemd trivial at the time, but end up being pretty dang important later on. I'm still wondering when Krull and the weak blood of the Xylyx will resurface. :evilgrin:
"Man. Floating in a Mindscape while getting sucked on by an evil parasite isn't NEAR this boring in the comic books." -Jack
BrianJ
Keenspot Despot

Postby vole-in-hand on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:26 pm

BrianJ wrote: I'm still wondering when Krull and the weak blood of the Xylyx will resurface. :evilgrin:

Haha, keep it up. Your faith will be rewarded. :roll:
vole-in-hand
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Omeg@ on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 am

Peronsally, I doubt it.

What I've always liked about Zebra Girl, is how the once defeated vilians never seem to make comeback if they've been defeated once. Lord Incubus, Tool, Doyenne and now Boardshoulders. They all tried their best and got a smack to the face. They know she's too much for them to handle.

But now Sandra is the vilian, who will take her down. Will anyone take her down? If she's taken down, will she crawl somewhere to lick her wounds or will she become her old, whiney self again?
If Pavlov and Mengele had a child together, his name would be Omeg@.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby Skullduggerous on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Usually in a story you can tell who's slated for defeat and who will eventually, despite the odds, come out on top.

But in this story, I can honestly say I have no idea how it will end. The only guaranteed certainty is tragedy, and beyond that, who can say? If Sandra is defeated, Crystal might lose her friend forever. If Sandra prevails, Jack's end is sealed.

Kind of a kooky conundrum if you ask me. This is the one story I've read where I have absolutely no clue how it can end happily.
___

Skullduggerous
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby stardrive on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 am

There's another possibility. Suppose you don't DESTROY Sandra....but you return her to what she once was. But, is she enjoying the powers a tad too much? You really wouldn't want to lose such abilities if you had them, so she tells them to stay away. (oh..ha,ha..I just thought of something...) She's damned if you do, and damned if you don't!! :lol: :lol:
stardrive
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Lord Incubus, Tool, Doyenne and now Boardshoulders.

The thing with Lord Incubus, Tool and to a lesser extent Doyenne is that they were pretty much the stereotypical bad guy. They all had the typical signs of the bad guy that will be pwnd by the good guy... but Broadshoulders is different, he kept a calm head whilst analysing the situation. He just misjudged with Sandra, so perhaps in Hell he is formulating a new plan. Now that he knows what Sandra is like, and that he has all the time in the world... a deadly combination yes?
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby B.T. Isaac on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Well, even if he doesn't come back, we know he has a partner of sorts, who has yet to make an appearance. I'm looking forward to seeing Brown show up. If he ever shows up.
My avatars My Deviant art
---------------------------
ImageImage
I have this dragon egg here. Help me keep it alive by clicking it.
B.T. Isaac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Omeg@ on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:40 am

Shortyland05 wrote:but Broadshoulders is different, he kept a calm head whilst analysing the situation. He just misjudged with Sandra, so perhaps in Hell he is formulating a new plan. Now that he knows what Sandra is like, and that he has all the time in the world... a deadly combination yes?

I dunno, he seemed pretty broken to me.

As I said, I do not know, but I put my money on the slot that says: No Boardshoulders for few years.
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Omeg@ wrote:
Shortyland05 wrote:but Broadshoulders is different, he kept a calm head whilst analysing the situation. He just misjudged with Sandra, so perhaps in Hell he is formulating a new plan. Now that he knows what Sandra is like, and that he has all the time in the world... a deadly combination yes?

I dunno, he seemed pretty broken to me.

As I said, I do not know, but I put my money on the slot that says: No Boardshoulders for few years.

I tend to agree with Omeg@ on that one, but he did have a very large roll to play. Mayhaps he will return, prbly not at his full effect, but maybe with just a little of something that is needed to fully close him up and hopefully add to the plot. He also didn't seem to be having that much trouble in hell. He looked pretty calm to me.
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shortyland05 on Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm

This sir, is what we call Necromancy. Which is generally frowned apon.

Teh unwritten rule of forums is never post in a thread that is more than a month old. If you wish to comment on an old thread its best to create a new thread instead of raising the old thread from the dead.
BURN, JACK, BURN!
Shortyland05
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 am

Gotcha.
"Yeah...she seems the easy person to get to like...but she's got the air of a siren...you get killed trying to get near her..." - A very wise man.
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Omeg@ on Mon May 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Shortyland05 wrote:This sir, is what we call Necromancy.

I believe that the term that you are looking for is threadnomancy. (Nor not, depending on where you like to post at)

I don't mind some new posts in old threads, especially in a place as still as this. In fact, somewhere it's perfectly okay to revive an old thread (e.g. Science debate-, picture wars- and insult battle-threads). However, the new post should contain something new and/or genuine to make it worth its salt.

This is not a warning, ltcdruphs10. Just a friendly advice :wink: I like the fact that you're trying to light up some life into this place. Keep it up!
-MrBigMr
Omeg@
Keenspot Despot

Postby ltcdruphs10 on Mon May 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks Omeg@, i had just scrolled down, and it perked my interest. Hadn't looked at the date, my bad. Anyways, thanks for the advice guys, i'll be sure to stick with it!
ltcdruphs10
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Zebra Girl