Trout's effort at prompting discussion - Basil Book?

The forum for discussing Flint Again, or whatever else Mr. Troutman comes up with.

Moderator: John T

Trout's effort at prompting discussion - Basil Book?

Postby Adam The Alien on Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:25 pm

Alright, you succeeded in prompting discussion. Now get over yourself and draw more comics, damn it! :lol:

John Troutman, Talented Prostitute...er, I mean, \"Webcomic Creator\" wrote:And in the effort of prompting discussion, I'll unveil here that I'm current at work on a Flint book - completely original. Which means that it won't be done for a year, probably, but would you actually buy it? Let me know.

Completely original or not, if it's as far away as a year, I'll give a go at buying it. Of course, you must remember most webcomic-readers like myself are flat broke 90% of the time...but with that much warning, I think I can scrounge up some cash. :)

The question I have, though, is this: would the book be a part of the existing Basil Flint continuity in any manner whatsoever? Will it be entirely self-contained, ignoring the webcomic storylines as the webcomic ignores it? Or will it be just another weird little Sporkman-esque complication that you'll bring up when it suits you, and pretend doesn't exist the rest of the time?
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:46 pm

Oh, it'll be in-continuity. No problem there. Just a regular stand-alone storyline. And somewhere around an affordable ten bucks, for the curious.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby Phoenix/Babylon on Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:22 pm

I'd buy it.
Phoenix/Babylon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm

I would like to let you know that not only would i buy that book, but also a collection of the old Basil strips. In fact if you have any of your other comics in book form I would probably buy them as well.

Postby Adam The Alien on Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:I would like to let you know that not only would i buy that book, but also a collection of the old Basil strips. In fact if you have any of your other comics in book form I would probably buy them as well.

I second that. As I said, "original or not", if I've got money, I'll buy it.
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:29 pm

Well, I'd love to do a collection of online stuff sometime. The thing that makes that problematic is that a) I'm not entirely sure that my older material is worth printing, and b) the art style is wildly inconsistant for a printed book. Granted, if I did them Ultimate Melonpool style and added commentary to explain everything, it'd probably fly more. In any case, I really want to do an original book first, especially since I'd rather new readers from book stores pick up the best I can possibly do right now, rather than an inconsistant but funny collection of past work.

Still, thanks for the support on this. I'm can keep working on the book now, content in the knowledge that I probably won't be wasting Keenspot's money. ;)
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Postby SuperJoe on Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:54 am

But will it be collected strip format, or will you try actual comic pages like you've got going at Felicity?
Nietzsche loved J-Walkin'!
SuperJoe
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby John T on Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:27 am

Good question. For the sake of my sanity, they WON'T be comic pages. For all intents and purposes, the 100 page book will be 100 new strips.
John S. Troutman
John T
Keenspot Despot

Book

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:46 pm

I would so buy a book. I was just thinking the other day how this strip would make an awesome book. Glad you're doing one. :)

Postby John on Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:15 pm

Yes, I would buy a book.
John
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Rynoah on Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:34 am

Like Adam the Alien, I can't promise anything. If I've got the money when the book is released, I will likely buy it.
For all intents and purposes, the above post probably made no sense. However, if you liked it, more of this poster's idiocy is here.
Rynoah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SuperJoe on Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:31 am

If Trout really wants to promt discussion he should talk about the breast size of his extras.
I'll BET she assists the mayor!
Nietzsche loved J-Walkin'!
SuperJoe
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby qazmoe on Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:37 pm

I can't wait for the Flint book. Flint rocks so i am sure a 100 page Flint storyline would rock too
qazmoe
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Flint Again and Other Sundry Items