5/20: A Time To Let Go

A girl, her dog, and the Aztec God of alcohol.

Moderator: pablo

5/20: A Time To Let Go

Postby Burger Nerf on Thu May 19, 2005 11:14 pm

Aw, yeah, Pablo! Messa gots me bouncy-bouncy after all! (My imagination is an excellent in-betweener.)

Kevin's giving up a night of hot sex for the sake of the woman he loves. He's a good fella.

Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IS_Wolf on Thu May 19, 2005 11:43 pm

Well, that's one way to resolve the issue. Personally, I would've gone home with a snide remark like: call me when you're serious about us spending time together as opposed to you just wanting to waste our time like you're doing now.

Let her complain to her friends, either they point out that she's in the wrong, or they swing round looking for some answers and they can be fully informed then, which will also lead to them lecturing her about her irreponsible behaviour.
IS_Wolf
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tanukitsune on Fri May 20, 2005 12:03 am

:lol:
Run for your life Kevin!
ROAR! MONICA BOUNCE!
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby da'G-ELLO on Fri May 20, 2005 12:32 am

HA! If she catches him she'll most likely smother him in messy kisses then wype her face in his chest.
da'G-ELLO
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Llewellian on Fri May 20, 2005 1:15 am

MUHAAHAHAHAHAH.... :lol: HUA HUA HUA Hahahahahahaha *coughcoughhackcoughweeeze*

My my my... oh, i laughed so hard, my liver hurts...

That one was really good... ;o)
Nothing is as bad as it looks on the first view...
Llewellian
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MrEff on Fri May 20, 2005 2:38 am

Now is it just me or does Monica look like she really doesn't need exercise??? I mean she's already super skinny... If anything I say give her more dairy lol

-MrEff-

there's dairy in thar hills
Live life at Benny Hill "freak out" speed

MrEff
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lee M on Fri May 20, 2005 2:57 am

Wow. I thought Monica was tasty enough, but now she's ice cream flavoured.

Bad Lee! Naughty, naughty thought!
You've heard of the dogs of war.
What about the foxes?
Lee M
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Burger Nerf on Fri May 20, 2005 3:14 am

MrEff wrote:Now is it just me or does Monica look like she really doesn't need exercise??? I mean she's already super skinny... If anything I say give her more dairy lol

You need to catch up with the discussions throughout the past week. Monica LOOKS fabulously healthy, but she actually has way-too-high cholesterol. It's been mentioned a few times in the past--like 2003 past--but like me, you might have tended to blank it out while lapping up Teh Funny and Teh Secksay and occasionally Teh Drama.

Ha HA! Lapping up! Naughty thoughts...for EVERYBODY!!

EDIT: Found the key post for you. Many thanks to Kestralyn for doing the real research.

Kestralyn wrote:
luchog wrote:Judging strictly from appearances, I don't think any of that fat is sticking around her arteries. It all seems to end up in more or less the same place. :)

Interestingly, some people can eat incredibly large amounts of fat and still maintain extremely low blood-serum cholesterol. I've known two of them. One guy even had his doctor tell him he needed to eat more fats, because his HDL level was abnormally low. He wasn't a vegan, or even a vegetarian, and ate a pretty normal American diet, sans all the junk food.

But as we found out previously (http://www.wapsisquare.com/d/20030801.html & http://www.wapsisquare.com/d/20030804.html), she's NOT someone with low cholesterol. Hence, the exercise requirement.

Postby Kestralyn on Fri May 20, 2005 6:12 am

Thanks, Nerf. I know I'm getting pedantic, but I've got a family history of high cholesterol, even when the folks are beanpoles. It's something I'm very sensitive about.

I'd really like to see Monica as an Abuela herself. I bet she'd be hysterical!

Oh, and Pablo was getting us confused, switching between "custard" and "ice cream." She got frozen custard, which has 90mg of cholesterol (30% RDA) in 1/2 cup (4 oz.). I can guarantee you there's more than 4 oz on that cone! If it were ice cream -- not Cold Stone or one of the other psycho-premium brands -- there are 0mg (0% RDA) of cholesterol in a full cup (8 oz). (Figures from http://www.calorieking.com)

Love my custard -- just had to give it up for weight issues. Now I know why!

I will admit, I love slapstick in comic strips... the cone on the nose is PRICELESS!!!!
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MsFrisby on Fri May 20, 2005 6:55 am

IS_Wolf wrote:Well, that's one way to resolve the issue. Personally, I would've gone home with a snide remark like: call me when you're serious about us spending time together as opposed to you just wanting to waste our time like you're doing now.

Let her complain to her friends, either they point out that she's in the wrong, or they swing round looking for some answers and they can be fully informed then, which will also lead to them lecturing her about her irreponsible behaviour.

Jeez. That's rather harsh. And uncalled for. Kevin isn't "wasting" time with Monica, no matter how short that time is. She's a worthwhile person and even a brief affair has probably enriched his life. Dumping her over an ice cream cone? That would be.. stupid. Real relationships take work, and a good heaping helping of humor. Kevin cares enough about her to try and help her, even when he knew it might make her mad. She'll get over the mad and see the caring behind it.
"Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie."
-- William Shakespeare --
MsFrisby
Keenspot Deity

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri May 20, 2005 8:33 am

Llewellian wrote:My my my... oh, i laughed so hard, my liver hurts...

Check your cholesterol :)

Yeah, it was pretty funny. Monica should get herself some safety goggles so she can run faster!
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kestralyn on Fri May 20, 2005 9:11 am

GrassyNoel wrote:Yeah, it was pretty funny. Monica should get herself some safety goggles so she can run faster!

They don't make goggles big enough to hold those puppies down... Godzilla doesn't wear goggles when he "welds" ;-)

(can you tell I don't wanna work?)
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PatrickMc on Fri May 20, 2005 9:40 am

Ironically, this Sunday in Baltimore there's a bike tour that promises to stop at bakeries throughout the City (see link below). Monica's clearly not the only one who enjoys a reward for exercising, although that custard really looked over the top.

http://www.bop.org/events/eventdetail.aspx?eventId=2774

I'd like to think that this will work out well for Kevin & Monica, but her expression in the last panel is more Golem Girls than amused by the situation. At this point a supernatural appearance could freak Kevin out and Monica's "friends" have the ability to do some damage if they want to and think Monica would let them get away with it.
Patrick Mc
Baltimore, MD
PatrickMc
Junior Keenspotter

Postby IS_Wolf on Fri May 20, 2005 12:11 pm

MsFrisby wrote:
IS_Wolf wrote:Well, that's one way to resolve the issue. Personally, I would've gone home with a snide remark like: call me when you're serious about us spending time together as opposed to you just wanting to waste our time like you're doing now.

Jeez. That's rather harsh. And uncalled for. Kevin isn't "wasting" time with Monica, no matter how short that time is. She's a worthwhile person and even a brief affair has probably enriched his life. Dumping her over an ice cream cone? That would be.. stupid. Real relationships take work, and a good heaping helping of humor. Kevin cares enough about her to try and help her, even when he knew it might make her mad. She'll get over the mad and see the caring behind it.

Eh, I'm rather infamous for my sharp tongue. But at the same time, my friends also know that when I scold them like this, that they're seriously mucking up to begin with, and that the sole reason why I'm getting that testy is because I care too much for them.

Also who said that Kevin is wasting his time with Monica on a whole?? This exercise trip was looking like it was going to be a waste of time, with Monica being flippant about it. Don't see a problem with the rest of the relationship.

I don't know about you, but if my SO had a health problem, which is liable to kill them if they don't change their ways, then you better believe that I will take it seriously enough to scold the living daylights out of them to try and wake them up to the seriousness of the situation. This situation is no different from alcohol addiction or a smoking habit, when a person has asthma/bronchitis. I've already lost one person, because I didn't scold them enough to wake them up to the seriousness of their situation, and I'll be damned before I let that happen again. (Lost my mom to lung cancer, tumor growth and spread happened within a year and a half, she'd been diagnosed with a weak lung some four years before that. She still smoked, until she was diagnosed with cancer.)
IS_Wolf
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 20, 2005 12:40 pm

:) At least Kevin is smiling now. Sorta. And I'm so amused that it's her top and not her lack of shoes that's keeping her slow. This could turn into something playful yet.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby amazon princess on Fri May 20, 2005 12:47 pm

well Kevin got Monica to run afterall......your right Tanuk! Roar Monica Bounce !!

bouncy bouncy went the boobies. Making Monica sweat like a little piggy :D
amazon princess
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Sun May 22, 2005 12:55 am

Kestralyn wrote:They don't make goggles big enough to hold those puppies down

Nah, to prevent black eyes :)
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby DeaExMachina on Sun May 22, 2005 5:42 am

Kevin isn't doing anything that Monica isn't letting him do.
This post is a Catgirl Respawn Point.
DeaExMachina
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kestralyn on Sun May 22, 2005 7:45 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:
Kestralyn wrote:They don't make goggles big enough to hold those puppies down

Nah, to prevent black eyes :)

It isn't the black eyes, it's the chest/torso pain of the bounce that she's worried about -- hence taking your goggles idea and dropping them down to protect what actually needs to be protected. :wink:
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ajax on Mon May 23, 2005 9:09 am

IS_Wolf wrote:Eh, I'm rather infamous for my sharp tongue. But at the same time, my friends also know that when I scold them like this, that they're seriously mucking up to begin with, and that the sole reason why I'm getting that testy is because I care too much for them.

Scolding (expressing disapproval harshly) is an ineffective and annoying way to telling someone you love them! It's an even less effective way of changing their behavior!

Luckily, Kevin is only chiding (expressing disapproval mildly) at this point.

Ajax
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
OK, even I have a LiveJournal now!
Read Schlock Mercenary -- in color, every day! Image
ajax
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Wapsi Square