Daily Webcomic process

A girl, her dog, and the Aztec God of alcohol.

Moderator: pablo

Daily Webcomic process

Postby Thrakrazog on Fri May 06, 2005 9:52 am

Middle-time reader, first time poster.

Great webcomic. I can't believe how quickly I've become hooked. It's like crack - just seeing the 8-ball and you can't get enough!

Ok - here's my question. I looked at your Comic Process link (great job on that, by the way), but I'm curious - how often do you make strips? Do you batch them, or are they each done individually?

Do you have any statistics on readership? I'm curious how many readers you get regularly.

Thanks - keep up the good work.

Thrak
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Free advice is worth every penny paid for it.
Thrakrazog
Junior Keenspotter

Postby pablo on Fri May 06, 2005 10:11 am

Thanks and welcome aboard. :D
I normally do Wapsi in batches of a week or more. It takes a while for the brush to "wake up" and let the ink flow nicely and it's a pain to clean the thing. This also helps keep everything consistent as well.
pablo
Keenspot Despot

Postby Thrakrazog on Mon May 09, 2005 10:36 am

pablo wrote:It takes a while for the brush to "wake up" and let the ink flow nicely and it's a pain to clean the thing.

Been there, for sure, although not for a long, long time. It's one of the few regrets I have - not keeping up with art. Decided I liked to eat too often and too well to support myself as an artist.

Breaking in new brushes was always a LONG period of adjustment for me, getting them just right with no flyaway bristles. And I never got the hang of trimming them - always messed them up. So about four or five times a year, I'd have to learn to paint all over again :(

I worked mostly in pencil/graphite, conte, charcoal, goache, and india ink on cold-press illustration board. It's been a good 15 years since I've had any studio time, so all I do is the occasional sketch anymore. Just seeing your work has started my juices flowing, so to speak - I didn't realize I missed it so much. Thanks, I guess :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Free advice is worth every penny paid for it.
Thrakrazog
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Wapsi Square