04/26: This isn't fair....

A girl, her dog, and the Aztec God of alcohol.

Moderator: pablo

04/26: This isn't fair....

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:15 pm

It seems Heather has some issues too...
:oops:
She wants to have a relationship with Shelly? A more than friends one?
:oops:

Look at Shelly's face, either she is in pain...or having nightmares... of white rabbits?
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby marshallr on Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:24 pm

Well, at least one of them is being honest withh themselves. :)
marshallr
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Burger Nerf on Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:59 pm

Wapsi-Flashback Link-o-rama!

Heather DID confess to Shelley that she was attracted to her--only she wasn't going to push it, for fear of driving Shelley away.

Heather isn't the only one to think "This isn't fair!!" I can only hope that someone points out to Heather that it's not HER fault that a bowling ball fell.

Horrifying Thought For The Night:

"I was a little girl...I was watching my mom die...someone else was there..."

...I really hope Li'l Scary didn't have anything to do with that death.

Horrifying Thought For The Night II:

...Shelley doesn't strike me as the sort of person who bowls. So where did...um...

Maybe Coffee Girl wasn't talkin' about Monica.

Postby da'G-ELLO on Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:11 am

It's not her fault! I mean, honestly, who in their right mind keeps a bowling ball on the top shelf in their closet!?

Oh
da'G-ELLO
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tchjdaedn on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:32 am

For the first time, I'm calling into question why Heather originally moved into the area.... Hmm...
Smile, because despite whether or not the decisions you have made in the past were the best, they were ultimately, and in all ways, FOR the best. - - A picture may be worth a thousand words, but the sight itself, a thousand lifetimes.
Tchjdaedn
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Dreamishness on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:20 am

The line "This isn't fair" always makes me think of the sequence in Babylon 5 when Marcus is saying "No, life isn't fair... and for that I am grateful. Imagine if all the bad stuff that happened to you happened because you actually deserved it? I take complete solace in the utter non-fairness of the universe." ...Or words to that effect. ^_^
Dreamishness
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Serge_Storms on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:46 am

So what is not fair?

Is Heather thinking that something really terrible has happened to Shelly just when Heather was trying to make a breakthough in how she handles relationships and do what she believes to be the right thing and now she may never get that chance?

Is Heather so used to seeing herself as a destructive force in relationships that somewhere in her mind she sees her karma or whatever causing this accident to Shelly just as Heather was trying to reach out to Shelly as a friend?

I imagine that Heather and Shelly probably need to work on a lot before they can successfully be in a relationship with anyone.
Serge_Storms
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby amazon princess on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:45 pm

Heather as no reason for blaming herself. the bowling ball was misplaced and probably cursed as well :P

As long as Shelley wakes up intact from that mishap, They will have a good oportunity to start that relationship. :)
amazon princess
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Guairdean on Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:04 pm

It may be an excellent way to start the friendship either way. If she needs monitoring (most concussion victims do) it will give them time to talk. It will also give Heather a chance to give Shelley some close attention.
The heart can perceive that which the mind cannot comprehend.
Guairdean
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TwiggyTwiggy on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:30 pm

Burger Nerf wrote:Wapsi-Flashback Link-o-rama!

Heather isn't the only one to think "This isn't fair!!"

A near mirror image, at that. Neat. (Huh. Juxtapositioning the relevant panels with GIMP, it looks a little like Heather and Shelley are playing tug o' war.)

Dreamishness - Marcus's comment, verbatim: "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." (Used it as a .sigfile for a while.)
Some people have trouble getting in touch with their inner child... I have trouble getting mine to shut up.
TwiggyTwiggy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:55 pm

If I was Heather I'd also be concerned about Shelly's gee-tars. Good Golly! They're paper thin!
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Wapsi Square