[4/13] Conserve Water

A girl, her dog, and the Aztec God of alcohol.

Moderator: pablo

Postby Tanukitsune on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:43 am

All I'm saying is that the Golem Girls are the only ones with pointy teeth so far and that no other Wapsi character has had them so far... :-?
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:47 am

Strangely I don't think the GG's are up to anything. I think this is another Mystical beinging up to no good.

What's the Aztec analog for the god of mischief?
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tanukitsune on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:21 am

Uh-uh... I just remember someone else with pointy teeth....

I adds up, while Mon is distracted by Jin, Acinom enters and takes her place, the question is... why?

Has she mellowed down and is just a prankster like the Golem Girls? Is she out for vengance?

The storyline has been quite "drama heavy" lately, so I vouch for comic relief... :-?
(crosses fingers)
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby The1Paladin on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:30 am

*continues to keep trap shut.*

Although Pablo, you may want to back of the fanservice a bit. Not only is everyone around here fainting all the time, po0r AP is going to wear her fingers to the bone if you keep this up....

*GRINS AT AP and jumps out of striking distance.*
The1Paladin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Burger Nerf on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:09 pm

Well, if that happens, AP is more than welcome to borrow my fingers.

*covers head, runs like mad*

(now we's gets in trouble)
Burger Nerf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Birdboy Bard on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 pm

Yeah, yeah, they're funny now, but you better just pray they never get whole again. They'll be the only ones laughing then.
MythoZoologist

Some people see things and ask "Why?" I dream of things that never were and ask "Why Not?"
Birdboy Bard
Keenspot Despot

Postby amazon princess on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:22 pm

paladin wrote:

po0r AP is going to wear her fingers to the bone if you keep this up....

*GRINS AT AP and jumps out of striking distance.*

Dont worry. I was too busy going threw my first day at my new job. But ill catch up with emmanuella for sure tonight. :P

* strips naked and calls my pechochi *

we have the naked. now we need to see some nipples. ;)

monica nipples.
amazon princess
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby sorgoth on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:27 pm

They're so having sex in the sixth panel.
sorgoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tchjdaedn on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:34 pm

Molyneux wrote:
True 'nuff, though the cat-one (can't remember if that's Bud or Brandi) almost munched them...at least that's what it looked like.

According to Here and Here

Jin is the Serpent, Brandi is the Lion, and Bud is the goat (to use the classic combination of chimera heads)

Also, I'm thinking once the whole Shelly/Heather plot irons itself out, methinks the cast pages might need a bit of updating ;) I'm not so certain she still has a thing for Owen.
Last edited by Tchjdaedn on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smile, because despite whether or not the decisions you have made in the past were the best, they were ultimately, and in all ways, FOR the best. - - A picture may be worth a thousand words, but the sight itself, a thousand lifetimes.
Tchjdaedn
Junior Keenspotter

Postby EdSaari on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:44 pm

amazon princess wrote:* strips naked and calls my pechochi *

DAMMIT!!! AP ... I can't take much more of this.
Every time I see your avatar, I can't help but think of the mythical (or true?) way that eskimos are supposed to kiss!!!

(signed) --- The Velcro Kid.
Carpe Erratum!!!
EdSaari
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:59 pm

EdSaari wrote:Every time I see your avatar, I can't help but think of the mythical (or true?) way that eskimos are supposed to kiss!!!

(signed) --- The Velcro Kid.

Eh? Rubbing noses??
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby azalea2 on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:25 pm

psst... Ryalyn... think of where the (unprinted) noses of the smiley faces in AP's avatar would be...
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:32 pm

:oops:

Runs away again.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby DoubleNonTendre on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:53 pm

I wouldn't read too much into the pointy teeth. As Pablo's adjusted his style, Monica has had them a few times, as have particular others.

I think Monica put on a shirt because Pablo found her in a position in which it would otherwise be difficult to maintain the NC-17 rating of this strip. And I think Jin slunk off smirking like a reptile, because, well, she's a reptile and that's what reptiles do. And I think KingRat and olshriek are right that Jin sees rabbits as prey, and her comment should be interpreted in that light. And I think I'm tired and should go to bed.

On another note, I just found another occasion on which Jin used the white-on-black voice.
The human spirit, which has proven that it can prevail against adversity, is defenseless against prosperity. - Tay Kheng Soon
DoubleNonTendre
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Molyneux on Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:02 pm

DoubleNonTendre wrote:I wouldn't read too much into the pointy teeth. As Pablo's adjusted his style, Monica has had them a few times, as have particular others.

I think Monica put on a shirt because Pablo found her in a position in which it would otherwise be difficult to maintain the NC-17 rating of this strip. And I think Jin slunk off smirking like a reptile, because, well, she's a reptile and that's what reptiles do. And I think KingRat and olshriek are right that Jin sees rabbits as prey, and her comment should be interpreted in that light. And I think I'm tired and should go to bed.

On another note, I just found another occasion on which Jin used the white-on-black voice.

A possible alternate motivation for Monica, if that is her on the bed and in the shower...maybe she's trying to get Kevin out of the house so she can be sure the Golem Girls don't intrude? Showering him would make sure he wouldn't be unprotected...as well as being a pleasant bonus.

Just a thought...if that's why, that explain the slightly forced look of her grin in the second panel.
Oh, and by the way - <a>Brazil thinks you're cute.</a>
Molyneux
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sebastian on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:10 pm

Molyneux wrote:A possible alternate motivation for Monica, if that is her on the bed and in the shower...maybe she's trying to get Kevin out of the house

Good point. If she had awakened him while shirtless they would come out of that bed for a while. ;)
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby karlbob2000 on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Truly the most pleasant of all ways of conserving water. The shower-for-two is a goodness upon the face of the Earth.
Later,
KarlBob
karlbob2000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lethal Larry on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:42 am

I just felt compelled to join up and make a public statement of approval for this week's comics.

Whee!
Last edited by Lethal Larry on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The1Paladin on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:06 am

amazon princess wrote:Dont worry. I was too busy going threw my first day at my new job. But ill catch up with emmanuella for sure tonight. :P

* strips naked and calls my pechochi *

monica nipples.

:P *thinks maybe he'll have to check AP's Xanga tonight when he gets home.

And welcome Leathal Larry to the Asylem...
The1Paladin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lethal Larry on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:38 pm

Wow - there's quite a remarkable difference between this forum and the Sinfest forum - the users there are typically openly hostile.... a polite welcome here actually caught me by surprise. *L*

Is this forum always so slow to load??

BTW -I've been wondering this for a long time.... why's the comic say 'copyright Paul Taylor', but it's written by Pablo Wapsi? A nom du plume?
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: [4/13] Conserve Water

Postby Amethyst Shadow on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:12 pm

shaeffer wrote:woah! and the fan service continues... I think I hear some fainting going on? am I right?

No it's kind of hard to faint when pablo isn't giving us the opportunity to even get up :o
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less" -- Dega Disciple

The media and fashion industry's view of the ideal female body is garbage. I like my women with curves, not angles.
Amethyst Shadow
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ryalyn on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Lethal Larry wrote:Wow - there's quite a remarkable difference between this forum and the Sinfest forum - the users there are typically openly hostile.... a polite welcome here actually caught me by surprise. *L*

BTW -I've been wondering this for a long time.... why's the comic say 'copyright Paul Taylor', but it's written by Pablo Wapsi? A nom du plume?

Hey, there! Hi!

To answer your questions--

Yuppers, we're pretty nice around here. I think that over in Sinfest there are just so many people that if they (we? since I'm over there a lot) were nice to everybody (and I do try to be nice to everybody), it'd get even insanely more huge. And it just wouldn't be the Sinfest that people know. It'd be Nicefest, which doesn't sound nearly as cool, and besides, all the nice people are already her under the Wapsi heading. :)

Yeah, sometimes the forum can take a while to load. I think it's because it's part of the Keenspot Forums which is actually really, really big. There are a lot of people on this forum all at the same time and that tends to slow things down. So, sometimes it'll break down and sometimes it's pretty slow. But we love it anyway because it's how we get to be together. :)

*huggles Larry*

As for the other bit--Paul Taylor is Pablo's real name. When you have time, check out the buttons underneath the comic--there's an "About Me" and an "FAQ" and some other really great stuff in there. That might help answer a few of these questions.

Make sense? Help at all? Coffee? Tea?
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Burger Nerf on Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:16 pm

Lethal Larry wrote:Wow - there's quite a remarkable difference between this forum and the Sinfest forum - the users there are typically openly hostile.... a polite welcome here actually caught me by surprise. *L*

Yes, no,...yes?

1. I've been to at least five comic-related forums where cabals of sociopathic long-termer nerdyboys ranked up thousands of messages just slashing blindly at any "n00b" who dared knock on the door of their personal little in-forum club, and no one in charge gave a damn. And yes, this IS such a breath of the fresh stuff... And welcome by the way. I think you're gonna like it here.

2. Keenforums turns into arctic-temperature molasses at certain times of day. I've waited three minutes for a post to load on occasion. At other times, it's a flash.

EDIT: Perfect timing. Ryalyn's post above, timestamped a lot earlier than my post, and wasn't there when I hit the "Submit" button. LONG load time that time...

3. Um, pretty sure. Pablo Wapsi's just his e-mail address/forum nickname. Of course, what do I know? Never met the guy.

*dramatic music cue*

...or HAVE I?

"THE FORUM'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!"

Postby Lethal Larry on Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:59 am

Groovy - I don't think I've ever been huggled before. Nor, I suspect, have I ever uttered the word 'groovy' before, either, so this is a doubly unique day! *L*

...comic-related forums where cabals of sociopathic long-termer nerdyboys ranked up thousands of messages just slashing blindly at any "n00b" who dared knock on the door of their personal little in-forum club, and no one in charge gave a damn.

That sums up the Sinfest forum quite excellently - couldn't have said it better myself. Couldn't and didn't. *L*
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kestralyn on Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:31 am

Lethal Larry wrote:Groovy - I don't think I've ever been huggled before. Nor, I suspect, have I ever uttered the word 'groovy' before, either, so this is a doubly unique day! *L*

Hey Lethal Larry!

Welcome to the Wapsi Forum -- if you haven't found the Wapsi Pub yet, c'mon over!

You think we're friendly and a little odd here? You should see the off-topic Pub!
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Wapsi Square