MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Elves in their natural habitat... the message board!

Moderator: carsonfire

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Postby Wizard on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:05 am

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate, and holiday cheer to those that don't. Family is gathered around this time of year. Presents have been opened, and everyone is waiting for me to finish Christmas pancakes. ACK!!! MY PANCAKES ARE BURNING!!!!
Wizard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Princess Loki on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:22 am

Merry Christmas everyone!

Now, I'm off to revel in my gifts of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, video games, and Star Wars Legos. Yes, I'm seventeen and still get toys for Christmas. Anyone who has a problem with it can kiss my baseball bat under the mistletoe.
Where she walks, doom follows,
Where she stands, evil gathers.
Princess Loki
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Evania on Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:41 am

Hey, I got toys for Christmas! And childish DVDs. :) My grandparents are coming over later, and the neighbor's already called up to insult our lawn....a perfectly traditional Christmas Day around here. :lol:

And I'm eating pancakes this morning, too... :-? I'm adding all of this to the file for my theory that the people I'm friends with online and I are nearly identical and were separated by aliens at birth.
Evania
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Serall on Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:15 pm

You guys did better than me. I told my brother and sister what they could give me and where they could get it and they both gave me gift certificates to Best Buy 'cause they think it was cheap and easy! BAH! I only got the cards and one CD I asked for. I actually have to replace one of my gifts cause I already had it before Christmas. I've ranted enough and darkened this happy topic. Merry Christmas to all and to all, eat too much Christmas dinner and pass out on the couch!
Serall

Postby Athena7 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:23 pm

Well, I'm twenty-two, and my mother bought me a Barbie for Christmas...it's actually one of those "designer" Barbies that you aren't supposed to play with, though. It's dressed as Sandy from Grease...the very last scene, with the skintight outfit, leather jacket, big hair, and big red Candies.

Among my other gifts, I got a statue of Athena, a small ivory carving of an owl, and a pewter statue of a snake. Appropriate, non?

No pancakes for me, though. It is a family tradition to have cinnamon buns for Christmas breakfast.

Well, must go eat more junk. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and happy whatever-holiday-is-appropriate to all who do not. Bah. Too PC. Whatever. Best wishes to everyone!!!
The moment is near when, by a procedure of active paranoic thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality.
Athena7
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby carsonfire on Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:57 pm

:D Kai's mom got me a green wristwatch with the day of the week and a rotating bezel for Christmas! This is very good, as I learned in the desert to be completely disconnected and confused about time and the days passing. Now I'm constantly looking at and announcing the time and day to anyone within earshot.

And when I'm not doing that, I'm rotating the bezel. Wheeeee!!!!
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby Wizard on Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:10 pm

While I don't know what a "bezel" is, or why it would rotate, congratulations :D
Bah, I say. Toys are for babies. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go set up my Lord of the Rings dol... I mean collectable action figures. :wink:
I also got a LOTR puzzle poster, old tyme coin-op gumball machine, life size Spiderman cardboard poster stand thing, a Taz plushie, and 3 piece samurai sword set. I don't consider the sword set a toy either, although it comes close :P
And turkey. Lots and lots of turkey. Good-night now.
Wizard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaichi on Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:43 pm

Bezel is, of course, the nickname of Bezelbub, Lord of the Time Flies. And Wizard, being a wizard, you should know that rotation is very important in spell-casting and energy-gathering. So a rotating Bezel is a most powerful thing, indeed!

*chages the subject, before anyone realizes he actually DOES know something about magic(k) and its making, and recognizes the inherent danger, therein*

And toys! I looooooove toys! I have tons of toys! I would be happy to get toys as gifts, but usually only my little nieces and nephews want to give me toys. When I stayed at their house, they stuffed my bed full of stuffed animals, so I "wouldn't be lonely and scared in the dark." I was neither lonely nor scared, but I have to admit, it's nice to have a big squishy bear to hug, once in a while.

Happy holidays to all!

*shares his huge cache of chocolate, that relatives and friends keep adding to, every time they come 'round, because everyone KNOWS Kaichi is a chocoholic*

(^-^)
Kaichi Satake

Kaichi
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: In the backyard with my telescope, looking for the Mothership

Postby Lazy-too on Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:04 pm

MULLY KLISMASS !!! MULLY KLISMASS !!!

Molly kiss much ?? I don't. She's not my girlfriend. Why do you ask ?
Lazy-too

Postby carsonfire on Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:03 am

Wizard wrote:While I don't know what a "bezel" is, or why it would rotate, congratulations :D

I have no idea what a bezel is either, but this watch has one and I'm rotating it like nobuddy's bizness!!! :D

Well, actually, I know what a rotating bezel is now, thanks to Google.

Rotating bezel: A bezel (the ring surrounding the watch face) that can be turned. Different types of rotating bezels perform different timekeeping and mathematical functions (see elapsed time rotating bezel," "unidirectional rotating bezel," "bi-directional rotating bezel" and "slide rule.")

Neat! :D
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby Serall on Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:52 pm

All bezels aside, anyone want these left over pop-overs and cheese sufle from my Christmas dinner? Oh, and FYI, the Lord of the Flies name is correctly spelled "Beelzebub" (pronounced BEE-EL-ZEBUB) And you have the bollocks to post with us.
Serall

Postby Kaichi on Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:45 pm

Who was talking about the Lord of the Flies?! I said the Lord of the TIME Flies. Completely different guy, only good for puns. :P And if anyone doesn't want me posting with them, they'd better say so, here and now, so I can effectively delete their usernames from the new forums. Nobody can keep me out of those. mwahahaha!!!! Anyone who tries will be smothered with marshmallows!

(~-^)
Kaichi Satake

Kaichi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Wizard on Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:29 pm

Oh, I guess I could also mention the karaoke machine that was a family gift from Santa. Hope everyone likes Garth Brooks. :D
Wizard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby carsonfire on Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:57 am

Wizard wrote:Hope everyone likes Garth Brooks. :D

Any relation to Garth Vader?
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby Lazy-too on Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:08 pm

Kaichi ??

what are you babbling about ??
People not wanting to post with you.
Lazy-too

Postby carsonfire on Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:44 pm

Wait!!! Did somebody say KARAOKE???

*puts on sequin suit, slicks back hair, snaps fingers and sings*
Volare!
Whoa whoa!
Cantare!
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa!!
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby Wizard on Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:18 am

carsonfire wrote:
Wizard wrote:Hope everyone likes Garth Brooks. :D

Any relation to Garth Vader?

Garth Mall, actually. Had a great discount on Christmas decorations and winter wear the other day.

kaichi wrote:Nobody can keep me out of those. mwahahaha!!!! Anyone who tries will be smothered with marshmallows!

There's a new secret password. In order to post you have to press Alt-F4 every time you show up. Honest.
Wizard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaichi on Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:45 am

Nuh-uh, Wizard. Alt+f4 doesn't do anything on a Mac, anyway. hehehe

*was going to share more of his Xmas chocolates, but if nobody wants him around, he won't bother to be nice and share!!*

:P
Kaichi Satake

Kaichi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Athena7 on Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:49 pm

Kaichi, my dear, of COURSE we all want you around, especially after all the work you've been doing for the forums. And also so we can get some of that chocolate. Although, I myself have almost too much holiday candy. Anybody want some? :D

And just in case there IS someone out there who doesn't want Kai to post with us, I just want to let this hypothetical person know that I will personally kick his hypothetical behind. Hard. :evil:
The moment is near when, by a procedure of active paranoic thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality.
Athena7
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lazy-too on Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:11 pm

** /me offers Athena some explosives and other things out of Loki's secret stash for demonstration aids to those who dislike Kaichi **
Lazy-too

Postby Wizard on Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:51 pm

It's not my fault. He promised marshmallows.
Wizard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Serall on Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:14 pm

Okay it's obvious one or more of you think I don't want Kai around. NOT TRUE! The man's doing good work with the forums and is a nice person to have around in general. So whoever keeps putting badgers in my bag stop. And does anyone want these left over popovers and cheese sufle? They ain't gonna eat themselves you know.
Serall

Postby Lazy-too on Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:53 pm

Not me. My suspicions were directed at certain people who no longer attend either of the forums.

And on to other things. The people of Bam Iran should realise now why they should NOT build a city on a mountain range in an earthquake zone. Silly people.
Lazy-too

Postby Athena7 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:27 am

Never said it was you, Serall. But we were on the subject somehow, and I decided to air my views to any and all hypothetical anti-Kai types. :)

And yes, Lazy, that was silly of those people in Bam. But it was also silly of them to name their city "Bam." I mean, it almost invites explosions and earthquakes and other noisy disasters. :D BAM!
Athena7
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lazy-too on Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:33 pm

I WANT A SPRITE PLUSHIE !!!!
Lazy-too

Return to Elf Life