Foxmal 5 (beta) in English

Elves in their natural habitat... the message board!

Moderator: carsonfire

Foxmal 5 (beta) in English

Postby carsonfire on Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:21 am

How to change Foxmail 5 (beta) from Chinese to English

Technically, Foxmail 4.2 only is available in English. But it turns out that switching the interface of 5 to English involves deleting two files, and unzipping English templates provided by the administrator of an English Foxmail help forum (linked on the newsgroup page, above)

The big delay, it turns out, is the HELP file, which is in Chinese. But if you're feeling adventurous... :wink:

Also, SpamPal works extremely well with Foxmail, as well as many other email apps.

And Foxmail and SpamPal are both free! :D
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby carsonfire on Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:32 am

Apart from the fact that I'm having trouble with my mail server and can't email out, I'm really enjoying Foxmail 5. It's got a ton of new features, all useful.

Spam filters are now built-in (you may not need SpamPal); there are more options for the address book (which now opens with Rolodex-like tabs... very organized!); and the "compose email" window comes with a lot more options, including extra headers.

Also, even though it's mentioned in that newsgroup, I want to link (somewhere) the first and only English-supported forum for Foxmail:
http://www.hazeleger.net/cgi-bin/yabb/Y ... uppFoxMail

Among other things, this forum debunks the myth that Foxmail is spyware
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Return to Elf Life