EGS Motivational Posters

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: EGS Motivational Posters

Postby Aeg'air on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 am

Well it's Tedd... he ACCIDENTLY created the goo so wat would he do with alcohol?
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:42 pm

Well, actually the goo was created as a combat shell by the Demon Nucleus, which was created (presumably intentionally) by Lord Tedd.

Anyway, if Tedd did for whatever reason get drunk...interesting things would likely happen.

no inhibitions + TFG + Tedd's pervy mind = much insanity
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby SQRT(-2) on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Ineluki wrote:
Aeg'air wrote:Technically u can have alcohol underage if it's in a private household with adult supervision AND ur not abusing it... Tedd however would probally take alcohol abuse to a new lvl!

I'm curious why you think so :-}

I think this is more of a answer of enforcement than the actual law.

alcohol abuse: "Now Mr Beer, show the court, on this bottle, where the defendant touched you."
"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal." "And Ted Verres made them girls."
SQRT(-2)
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sunflash on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Aeg'air wrote:Well it's Tedd... he ACCIDENTLY created the goo so wat would he do with alcohol?

Allright kids, sitdown so I can school ya better. Trust me, it hurts less if ya don't run. :3 *ahem*
Tedd didn't make the goo. Also, as word of mouth (read: Inside Information) leads us to believe that it's entirely possible the 'demon nucleui' got lucky when it arrived and started making it's little shell. While it's possible this is the case, current popular belief suggests it wasn't so much 'luck' as 'good timing' that led to the situation above.

Now then, enough talky!

---THis is where I'd post some posters if I hadn't busted IE again. Dang, I gotta stop that. D:
Call me Daughterflash until Sister 2 is over! RAWR~

Dragonic Dungeon Master and fan of Susan.

Newbie Pack:
The /ALMIGHTY/ TF-Gun. WITH a Portal-mod of some sort.
A Six-pack o' unlabeled soda.
A Squirrel Teddy.
A Dead Fishy.
Some Catnip Mice
Some Balls o' Yarn
aaannndddd
A cookie in mighty-shiny wrapping.
Sunflash
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Somewhere between Moperville, Hyrule, and Oklahoma...

Postby BtEtta on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Aeg'air wrote:Technically u can have alcohol underage if it's in a private household with adult supervision AND ur not abusing it... Tedd however would probally take alcohol abuse to a new lvl!
Not in America; under-21 = no alcohol for you. Contrast with the UK where it's: under-18 = no buying alcohol.
BtEtta
Keenspot Despot

Postby kgirl1992 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:21 pm

unless its religuse
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 am

Hey, hi, pleased to meet you, but please don't do that. Please no Lvl, no u, no MSN or MMORPG talk, It's a forum, you have all the time in the world to post. And could you please cut off your inventory, or cut out something, casue we have a wiki you could use for that.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 am

mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Illusionist on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:10 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:

Hey, hi, pleased to meet you, but please don't do that. Please no Lvl, no u, no MSN or MMORPG talk, It's a forum, you have all the time in the world to post. And could you please cut off your inventory, or cut out something, casue we have a wiki you could use for that.

Agreed.

Also, kgirl, I THINK you were trying to say "religious", but your English is about as good as a dead Dutch cat's, so I'm not sure. Clarification, please?
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 am

mdm wrote:Image

Try making the image you use larger, cause its a pixelized
Illusionist wrote:

Agreed.

Also, kgirl, I THINK you were trying to say "religious", but your English is about as good as a dead Dutch cat's, so I'm not sure. Clarification, please?

That one of the joys of Kgirl, and that she is also a really nice girl
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WalkerBoh on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 am

I thought kgirl was being clever by combining "religious" and "use" into a nifty new word for the discussion...
You are in my Monkeysphere.
KimberBoh - Sister 2 Gender-swapped bunny
Winner of the Golden Udder

My Gear
WalkerBoh, Lord of Halloween
WalkerBoh, Prince of Winter
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 am

Nah, she is just a bad speller, like me, I try to keep grammer ok and use as many right words as possible but some slip in by typos or mistakes
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:07 am

BtEtta wrote:
Not in America; under-21 = no alcohol for you. Contrast with the UK where it's: under-18 = no buying alcohol.

Actually, I think that, at least in most states, it is legal for a teenager to drink alcohol is small amounts at home with parental permission and supervision.
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:39 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:Nah, she is just a bad speller, like me, I try to keep grammer ok and use as many right words as possible but some slip in by typos or mistakes

Speaking of mistakes, it's grammAr, not grammEr. Other than that, you're pretty good.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WalkerBoh on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am

Nightranger wrote:Actually, I think that, at least in most states, it is legal for a teenager to drink alcohol is small amounts at home with parental permission and supervision.

Not entirely incorrect, but not entirely accurate either. Only eight states have that particular type of statute, but only fifteen (well, fourteen and DC) outright forbid underage drinking.
As of 2007:
<21 Consumption not prohibited - California, Nevada, Wyoming, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire. (19)
<21 Consumption entirely prohibited - Idaho, Utah, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, West Virginia, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, Vermont. (15)
<21 Consumption not prohibited at certain locations - Nebraska, New Jersey, Hawaii (3)
<21 Consumption not prohibited with parent/guardian consent - Washington, Montana, Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio (5)
<21 Consumption not prohibited at certain locations or with parent/guardian consent - Louisiana (1)
<21 Consumption not prohibited at certain locations and with parent/guardian consent - Alaska, Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Virginia, Delaware, Maine (8)

EDIT: Nifty link for those who want specifics for their state: Alcohol Policy Information System by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

My Gear
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 am

Illusionist wrote:

Agreed.

what I was trying to say was that in the US (or at least my state (Pennsylvania)) when your under 21 the only way your alowed to drink (legaly) is if its for something religious aka comunion
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xylric on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 am

Here in Canada it's 19, and perfectly legal on private property (IE, within one's home) at nearly any age.
Never battle a pyrokinetic in a fireworks factory.

Inventory:
1 TF Gun, 1 Cookie wrapped in plastic, 1 Dead Fish, 1 Squirrel Teddy, 6 cans of Unlabeled Soda, 1 Uryuom Work Suit, 1 clockwork cube, 1 TF buster mod Kit, Blue Plasma Pen, Infinite dice bag, catnip mouse, ball of green yarn,1 Uryuom Work Suit, 1 Enchanted Diamond Katana

Personal effects:
Artemis-grade Dattoos, and a Wraith. Ask for details!
Xylric
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: The currently burning, former gleaming, towers of scholarly might

Postby kgirl1992 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 am

I have a freind from porto rico that drank when she was a toddler :D not much and it was in her house with her parents
My wiki page.

kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nightranger on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:12 pm

WalkerBoh wrote:<21 Consumption entirely prohibited - Idaho, Utah, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, West Virginia, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, Vermont. (15)

Huh? I used to live in Idaho, and I was told in a school health class that it was legal to drink at home with parental permission.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Youwillneverknow on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby LadyofNonSequitur on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 pm

I love the "Changes- we all go through them" one. It is awesome and wonderful and funny... The others are fun too, but that one is PERFECT! Just so you know :wink: :D :D
Image Please click on these little dragons/dragon eggs!
Inventory:
a TF Gun
a squirrel teddy
a cookie in shiny wrapper
a sixpack of unlabeled soda
a dead fish
a mood ring
a ball of yarn
a catnip mouse
a full collection of Non-Sequitur comics
a Pouch of Infinite Apples
a hand-forged pocketknife (now with Molecular Edge Technology(tm)!)
a 30m coil of braided Kevlar marine rope
LadyofNonSequitur
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Puffs on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:58 pm

"I own the f**king moon. I put pandas up there! They said it couldn't be done and they... were right. The pandas exploded."
Puffs
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mdm on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Yeah. I didn't think it would be a good idea to make mine larger because I thought it would be REALLY distorted.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WalkerBoh on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Nightranger wrote:
WalkerBoh wrote:<21 Consumption entirely prohibited - Idaho, Utah, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, West Virginia, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, Vermont. (15)

Huh? I used to live in Idaho, and I was told in a school health class that it was legal to drink at home with parental permission.

My source was the link I gave. If it is erroneous, I apologize. Bear in mind, though, that I live in Delaware and was also told in health class (and again in a civics course) that it was entirely prohibited, whereas the truth in this state is what you were told in yours.

My Gear
Master of the Universe
Compliments of Cerridwen
WalkerBoh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowhamster on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Puffs wrote:

Uhm...I think it refers to the old saying "You wouldn't hit a guy in glasses, would you?"
Check out the test to find out who you are!
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love.
Gone savage for teenagers who are aesthetically pleasing,
in other words, fly" - Soul Coughing.
Shadowhamster
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive