(2-5-9's fanart) Actual fanart!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:02 am

Let's just pretend it's hard to comment on videos...

Today, on Christmas Eve we have...

Something not in anyway related to Christmas!

Couldn't you just hear the drum solos building pressure?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nightranger on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Don't really know anything about the characters, but still a pretty cool looking peice of art.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:20 am

They're from this comic. It's about Yamase (the girl in the background) and... Well, it's sorta hard to explain. The easiest thing would probably be to read the archive (Which isn't way too long. Only in the second chapter.)
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi!

Today we have an akuroku video with the song "I Don't Care" by Bratz. I was rather surprised when I found out, considering that the song is about not caring about what others think. That just doesn't seem to fit with Bratz. I was also surprised because toys aren't the first things I think of when I think things that can sing.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Here we have a late New Years wallpaper. It contains two characters from each of my webcomic ideas. I experimented a lot, too.

Happy 2008!
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nightranger on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Dang DeviantArt is giving me a 404 when I try to click on it to see the full-size version, but from what I see, it looks pretty good. Nice work on the shading and the nebula-like effect in the sky.
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby 2-5-9 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks! :D It's a shame you can't see it full-size.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 am

...Yeah, I forgot about uploading yesterday. And it's more a video with music than a music video i.e. no timing or fitting with the lyrics.

Yeah.

I'll try to remember to upload a picture in this week
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 pm

I haven't got a video finished, so you get a picture of Susan instead.

I'll probably have to cut down on the video a week thing. I don't have any videos close to finishing and I'm not actively working on any currently.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

puke

Postby HardHarKoopa on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 pm

I would draw some EGS fanart, but I assume you would like to keep your lunch down.
I have switched my EGS production from Flash to Audio only, so we no longer need an animator. The Elliot voice has moved, so we need one now. The not-open spots are: Tedd, Sarah, Amanda, Dr. Germahn, and the Playa. Please PM me for any other voice.
HardHarKoopa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Now, why would you assume that? :D Show us.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) Nanase picture

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:43 am

Well, I haven't updated in a long time. I'll try to update more frequently.

But for now, we have a picture of Nanase.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Raging Mouse on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 am

That's a cool pic. I like.
Raging Mouse
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nightranger on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Nice to see ya getting some more art up! :) Great job on Nanners.

(I also commented on DA as KyynNightbow--Nightranger was already taken when I signed up)

Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:51 am

Raging Mouse wrote:That's a cool pic. I like.

Thanks. :D

Nightranger wrote:Nice to see ya getting some more art up! :) Great job on Nanners.

(I also commented on DA as KyynNightbow--Nightranger was already taken when I signed up)

Thanks. :)

I noticed and I've responded there, too.

Did your first sentence mean you remembered me? Because if you did, I'm impressed.

Oh yeah, how many noticed that the first sentence in my last post was a link?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) Mega upload, part one

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:00 pm

As the topic says, the first part of my mega-upload. Due to the how late I started uploading yesterday, it got split up in parts.

So, yeah, we got some Gunnerkrigg Court fanart, a drawing of my character Shiar, the first colored picture of Niri that counts and a comic that I've got no idea what's going on in. I don't think it's scary myself, but the comic might be a bit scary if you try to figure out what's going on. And it contains rather simple blood. So you've been warned.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) Mega upload, part one

Postby Illusionist on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:06 am

I loves me some Gunnerkrigg Court, so fanart is always gonna score points with me.

Also, nice comic. All dramatic and stuff.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) I'm back

Postby 2-5-9 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 am

Hey. I'm back. And I bring drawings.

First the fanart:

http://2-5-9.deviantart.com/art/Grace-Closeup-108172786

Then the random people:

http://2-5-9.deviantart.com/art/Two-Dud ... -108175209

A statement:

I'm still open for requests should anyone want one.

And at last a question:

Has there just been a drought in inspiration or are fanart supposed to be posted elsewhere? I see one fanart thread on the first three pages.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:14 am

I like the Grace picture - Shiny in both the normal and Firefly senses of the word.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ForkBomb on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm

I don't like the shine. Its wrong, unless she's being hit by a lot of very high powered very focused spot-lights.
Also, it looks like something else.... (Which I thought of before realising it was shine, evidently I have a very dirty mind).
ForkBomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:55 am

Illusionist wrote:I like the Grace picture - Shiny in both the normal and Firefly senses of the word.

Thank you. :)

You know, I really should watch that series...

ForkBomb wrote:I don't like the shine. Its wrong, unless she's being hit by a lot of very high powered very focused spot-lights.
Also, it looks like something else.... (Which I thought of before realising it was shine, evidently I have a very dirty mind).

I agree that I made the Grace pic very shiny. As you might be able to guess from the other picture, I don't usually use that
much shine. I made a stylistic choice for this one, one that I probably won't make again.

I don't think I had a special scene in mind when I drew it, so I can't say it was necessary to convey what I was thinking.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ineluki on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:59 am

Looking good! I'd suggest blending the shinyness a bit more subtle... playing with layers and blend modes hels a lot there ;)

2-5-9 wrote:Has there just been a drought in inspiration or are fanart supposed to be posted elsewhere? I see one fanart thread on the first three pages.

May just be the general decline in activity these days and/or some may be discouraged from the lack of responses... *shrug*
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:21 am

Nice work, better than my stuff, not that i do fan art but still. Keep it up.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:15 am

Ineluki wrote:

Looking good! I'd suggest blending the shinyness a bit more subtle... playing with layers and blend modes hels a lot there ;)

Yeah, I see what you mean. I made the shininess before I made all the strands of hair, so it looked more realistic then. I should probably have reworked the shading after that, but I was thinking too much about how the strands looked to notice that it didn't work very well together.

Ineluki wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:Has there just been a drought in inspiration or are fanart supposed to be posted elsewhere? I see one fanart thread on the first three pages.

May just be the general decline in activity these days and/or some may be discouraged from the lack of responses... *shrug*

Oh, good. I was a bit worried it had been decided to move fanart to Mayhem or something. Thanks for clearing that up.

Aeg'air wrote:Nice work, better than my stuff, not that i do fan art but still. Keep it up.

Thank you. :)
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Just watched your Grace-Suddenly, Now that s really good. I so wish I could do something like that at all.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive