(2-5-9's fanart) Actual fanart!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:42 am

The second most polite zombie? What's the most polite zombie?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:12 am

An old grace, a newer Ellen and Nanase and the newest Annie (from Gunnerkrigg Court).

What do you guys think?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kalga on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:15 am

I think you have a interesting drawing style, or at least coloring.....
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:24 am

At last! My return. Did anyone notice that I was gone?

Anyway, blue!
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:51 am

Pretty arts!

Woot!
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks! :D
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cheez on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:25 pm

It looks good except for one thing- the grey stuff. Looks kinda mouldy...
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:28 pm

I was messing around with the different blue textures and I think it's supposed to be an aura of un-blueness. But, yeah, see your point.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:45 am

Well, I'm back. I know I haven't posted anything in some time, but I haven't felt like drawing anything on my tablet, but I've been drawing more on paper than ever, maybe exept when I was in New York.

Talking (well, writing) about New York, when I was there I was listening to a lot of music, and I realised how well Suddenly by Superchic[k] fits Grace.

So... I made this. Yeah, it took a long time. A really long time.

By the way, how many of you guys realise/remember that I'm taking requests? Well, now any request can be a video too, meaning it can be a picture, a story or a video now, fanart or not.

I plan on posting a video each weekend.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taigan on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:16 am

Not too shabby! :D

A good choice of song for Grace and some good selections of images to go with the lyrics. Nice effects on some of the dissolves. The "pulsing" effect you used on some of the frames felt good with the beat of the song.

If you're looking for things to improve on, I'll give you the same advice I gave to The Kool: take the time to erase any text in the image you don't need for what you're trying to show. They tend to distract from the overall effect.

Still, a thumbs-up!
"Reality is just raw material." - Safe Havens

I forgot my watch; but time will happen to me anyway.
Taigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cheez on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Sweet video. Well made, good song too.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby PsyBlade on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:45 pm

2-5-9, please keep me/us posted on your webcomic. If the story is as good as your art then the comic will be good at the MINIMUM.

Pleasekthanxbai!
Image 1 swirly pineapple, 1 six pack of unlabelled soda, 1 TF Buster, 1 Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer), 1 squirrel teddy, 1 dead fish, 1 cookie wrapped in no-longer shiny plastic, 1 Improved ball of Ekiness, 1 Infinite Scroll of Doom-ish, 1 Uryuom Work Suit (Changes when I transform), 1 Enchanted Diamond Katana (enchanted to never dull or break, includes matching sheath), 1 Nyoi-bōu (Staff of the Monkey King, extends to any length), 1 Lunar Scythe (Scythe of Death), 2 Combat Fans
PsyBlade
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nightranger on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:47 pm

Don't really know what to say except: Keep On Rocking! :D :D :D :D

I eagerly await any videos you might make in the future.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby 2-5-9 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:30 am

Taigan wrote:Not too shabby! :D

A good choice of song for Grace and some good selections of images to go with the lyrics. Nice effects on some of the dissolves. The "pulsing" effect you used on some of the frames felt good with the beat of the song.

If you're looking for things to improve on, I'll give you the same advice I gave to The Kool: take the time to erase any text in the image you don't need for what you're trying to show. They tend to distract from the overall effect.

Still, a thumbs-up!

Thanks. :D I never really thought about that text would be distracting until it was mentioned on the forum and at that point I just really wanted to finish. I'll try to remember to do something about it before the next EGS video I make.

Cheez wrote:Sweet video. Well made, good song too.

Thanks. :D Yeah, Superchic[k] is really good, if you ignore the 'God-is-almighty'-songs. Or don't, if you're a christian.

PsyBlade wrote:2-5-9, please keep me/us posted on your webcomic. If the story is as good as your art then the comic will be good at the MINIMUM.

Pleasekthanxbai!

WARNING: RANT!

Thanks. :D I've really been thinking about what to do with them(Yes, 'them'. I have three ideas). A long time ago when I was a lot more unrealistic about how long it takes to make a single comic I was planning on having them all run at the same time. I think I was planning on having a big buffer for all three comics.
At one point I started to sketch the first chapter of each comic. I think I was planning on having one comic run and switch when a chapter was done showing.
When I got a scanner I scanned in the first page of each comic. I only finished this. This is probably one of the best pages if you think about pacing. The first two pages of Taken By A Demon were good too, though.
I would have to re-sketch the pages if I'm gonna make them as a comic.
For a long time, I didn't think about them. It would've been way to much work if I wanted them to look as good as my random art.
Then I started drawing the characters from Taken By A Demon along with all the random persons, and... Well, I really wanna tell their stories. Right now, I'm planning on writing the comics, not in script-form, but as a novel. I'm planning on writing the above-linked comic as a chapter in the Aichrin novel.

NO MORE RANT!

Nightranger wrote:Don't really know what to say except: Keep On Rocking! :D :D :D :D

I eagerly await any videos you might make in the future.

Thanks. :D Like I said, I plan on posting a video each weekend unless it's for a special date, like a birthday or something. I already have finished two other videos, but none of them is EGS.
I'm planning on making two Elnase videos, a combined Sustin and Mat-san video, a video that's partly Susan, but three other characters, too, a Susan video and a general girl tribute(including the ones who were girls at the party and someone from another webcomic, too.). And that's just the EGS related.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Maximilianop on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 am

Your video now lurks inside my egs playlists (see my sig)

It's pretty good, text does distract but after 2nd or 3rd bubble I were not able to read, I gave up and enjoyed the video :)

The song doesn't hit me much, but once again I have a awful music taste.

Keep up the good work
I have been to the end of the universe and back
... Sadly enough I forgot all about it ...

BIG EGS FanVideos Playlist. My personal favorites.
If you care, I have a blog (Spanish)
Maximilianop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:05 am

Maximilianop wrote:Your video now lurks inside my egs playlists (see my sig)

It's pretty good, text does distract but after 2nd or 3rd bubble I were not able to read, I gave up and enjoyed the video :)

The song doesn't hit me much, but once again I have a awful music taste.

Keep up the good work

I noticed the playlist thing.

Yeah, I'll delete the textbubbles before I make my next EGS video. I might update the video when I've done that. I think I forgot to greyscale some pictures in an instrumental, too.

A shame you don't like the song, but then again, not everyone can have the taste.

Thanks. :D
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Another weekend, another video. :D

This time we have the first video I've finished. It's a Kingdom Hearts video with music by Avril Lavigne.

I don't really like the timing, but Movie Maker wouldn't let me do it better.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cheez on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:55 am

Yeah, WMM is a right [brick] when it comes to timing. You work for ages getting the timing perfect, only to find that it moves it slightly when you save it. Stupid thing...
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:13 pm

I was mostly talking about how much it froze! I couldn't see it fr om the start so it would be rather hard to time stuff.

Also, something I've been wondering about, about people talking in panels. If I remove the words, but not the talking bubble, how confusing would that be? Less confusing than this couple of sentences?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 am

Sunday evening... It seems like I'm posting videos later and later...

Oh well. A new video! Well, new-ish. I made it before I finished the Suddenly video.

Beware of the black flashes. I put way too many in it.

Also, did anyone see the question I asked in my last post?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Maximilianop on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:02 am

2-5-9 wrote:Also, did anyone see the question I asked in my last post?

2-5-9 wrote:Also, something I've been wondering about, about people talking in panels. If I remove the words, but not the talking bubble, how confusing would that be? Less confusing than this couple of sentences?
The bubbles are less attractive, meaning this you won't focus so much on them than text; but for frames with many or humongous ones it's better to crop them out.
I have been to the end of the universe and back
... Sadly enough I forgot all about it ...

BIG EGS FanVideos Playlist. My personal favorites.
If you care, I have a blog (Spanish)
Maximilianop
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 pm

If the bubble covers too much background/character I'll probably just erase the words, but if it's not too hard, like if it's from before Dan started making backgrounds, I'll erase the bubble, too. Lets see.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:36 am

And I planned on being in good time this weekend...

Well, here you have one more video. Hopefully this one'll get some comments.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:15 pm

I still have eight minutes of weekend left, so I'm in time. Hurray!

For today we have a video with Simple Plan song. And it's actually not depressing. :D

BTW, is it hard to comment on videos or something? Or is it because it's not EGS videos that I don't get any comments?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive