(2-5-9's fanart) Actual fanart!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Postby 2-5-9 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:17 am

A little fan-fic by me: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57049643/

Nothing fancy, just a show of my writing abilities.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby Illusionist on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:51 am

An interesting little read.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
User avatar
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4697
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Probably not where I'm supposed to be

Postby Relja Tedd on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:54 am

2-5-9 wrote:
Illusionist wrote:Bandana + twofer longsleeve shirt = win.


Yeah, but it's not my design. It's Aura's.

Relja Tedd wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I ment you should see this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56970313/

Like I've written on dA it's a request for a friend of mine.

Yes, I take requests. Twelve left if anyone's interested.


Nice artastic art!


Thanks. And if I assume that you're Otal I'm correct, right? Just to make sure I don't confuse stuff.



The very same.

I was a bit confused at first, I was like "Wow, how do they know my other online names?"

Then I was like "Oh yeah. I commented on the art." I get forgetful sometimes. Yeah, that's me.




Additionally, nice fanfic.
Yuh iea sum louja chyuc quycheag u glumcrugel, iea'lo oyuchol Dan el yum jockolugo mooja eh u ryuho.
User avatar
Relja Tedd
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 9:56 am

Postby 2-5-9 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Illusionist wrote:An interesting little read.


Thanks. :D

Relja Tedd wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:
Relja Tedd wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:Sorry for double post, but I ment you should see this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56970313/

Like I've written on dA it's a request for a friend of mine.

Yes, I take requests. Twelve left if anyone's interested.


Nice artastic art!


Thanks. And if I assume that you're Otal I'm correct, right? Just to make sure I don't confuse stuff.



The very same.

I was a bit confused at first, I was like "Wow, how do they know my other online names?"

Then I was like "Oh yeah. I commented on the art." I get forgetful sometimes. Yeah, that's me.




Additionally, nice fanfic.


Heh. :lol: That's funny. And thanks.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:24 am

How come I always have to double post when I post new stuff? Oh well. :D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57276161/

It's Gunnerkrigg Court fanart this time.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:18 am

I guess no responds is what I get for not updating the title at the time I post.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57717572/

A greyscale drawing of one of my novel characters.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:26 pm

I really like your art it be good art Yay art!!!!!
User avatar
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5531
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 pm
Location: </3

Postby Aegis on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:45 pm

2-5-9 wrote:How come I always have to double post when I post new stuff? Oh well. :D


That's nothing new. :P Any art thread goes through these things. All you can do is keep posting and hope someone will eventually reply.

Beyond that, not too bad, especially the Grace pic with all its shininess. The only thing I shall really say is to keep up the work, and show us what you've got. :)
User avatar
Aegis
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:44 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 am

mind-controlled-bunny@_@ wrote:I really like your art it be good art Yay art!!!!!


Thanks. :)

Aegis wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:How come I always have to double post when I post new stuff? Oh well. :D


That's nothing new. :P Any art thread goes through these things. All you can do is keep posting and hope someone will eventually reply.

Beyond that, not too bad, especially the Grace pic with all its shininess. The only thing I shall really say is to keep up the work, and show us what you've got. :)


Yeah, I just felt like saying something more than just "New art. Here's a link."

And thanks.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:31 am

Since the Grace picture by far got most comments I decided to make some more fan-art. I meant to post it yesterday, but dA wouldn't let me.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57937408/

It's a wallpaper with Tedd.

Now, I know that forms don't stack, but let's just assume that he made a catgirl form.I think the hand is turned wrong, but I had already drawn too much at the time I realised that, so let's say it's the form, if the tf-gun is able to do that.

It's made without any online reference.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:34 am

*crowd looks at pic*
*crowd studies it*
*crowd decides they might as well show thier joy instead of pretending to sophisticated*
*the crowd goes wild!!!!* (in a good way not like a mass destruction kinda of wild >.>)
User avatar
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5531
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 pm
Location: </3

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:47 am

mind-controlled-bunny@_@ wrote:*crowd looks at pic*
*crowd studies it*
*crowd decides they might as well show thier joy instead of pretending to sophisticated*
*the crowd goes wild!!!!* (in a good way not like a mass destruction kinda of wild >.>)


Heh! :lol: Thanks.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby Darekun on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Hm, guess it's a rakshasa-girl form ;)

Love the background - makes me think of some epic move in a CRPG :lol:
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
User avatar
Darekun
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:22 am

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:22 am

Well, it was just supposed to be a catgirl form, but according to a Google search they looks like cats, so I suppose you can call it a rakshasa-girl form.

And what makes it look like an epic move? The sparks?
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby Darekun on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:10 pm

2-5-9 wrote:Well, it was just supposed to be a catgirl form, but according to a Google search they looks like cats, so I suppose you can call it a rakshasa-girl form.

That's a left hand for her right - at least in D&D, rakshasa have reversed hands.

2-5-9 wrote:And what makes it look like an epic move? The sparks?

Partly the sparks, but I think mostly the big TF beam in the BG illuminating everything with a green light
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
User avatar
Darekun
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:22 am

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:36 am

Darekun wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:Well, it was just supposed to be a catgirl form, but according to a Google search they looks like cats, so I suppose you can call it a rakshasa-girl form.

That's a left hand for her right - at least in D&D, rakshasa have reversed hands.


Cool coincidence. If there's some variant of them with green-striped tails it would be an amazing coincidence. :D

Darekun wrote:
2-5-9 wrote:And what makes it look like an epic move? The sparks?

Partly the sparks, but I think mostly the big TF beam in the BG illuminating everything with a green light
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:09 am

The promised picture. Those who liked the shinyness of the Grace picture will love this.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58469783/

Still a character from my novel. Stupid kinda writers blok.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby Amon Star on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:20 am

OOH! Pretty colours.

That's a cool pick. You're very good at doing expressions. She looks VERY mischievous.
User avatar
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks. When I made it was mostly to make her more 3d in my head. To show her having fun. To make her more than just "the-irritating-girl-that-complicates-stuff-after-Simon's-gone."

Mischievousness would show that, right? 'Cause else I'm apparently not that good with expressions...
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 pm

GASP!

I'm almost of the first page!
I'd better update. :wink:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58858670/

I don't really know if I should like it or not.

Stan's (the brown haired guy) expression is really destroying it for me.

On the other hand, the shading looks great.

Also, Dylan (the girly guy) looks like Nanase when he lifts his head like that. I blame his second bang.

By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I hate side view?
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Come on! That deserved more than one comment!

Anyway I hope these will get some:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59452367/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59451854/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59451279/

And a preview:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59452716/

Anyway, I'm off to New York soon. A little bit more details here:
http://2-5-9.deviantart.com/journal/13673643/

See you guys (and girls) the 18th! :D
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby B.T. Isaac on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 pm

The problem is, that some people check out your work, but don't really have anything to say, so they just stay silent. Right now, I could say 'Wow. Elephant pics.' but will there be a point to it?
My avatars My Deviant art
Image
---------------------------
ImageImage
I have this dragon egg here. Help me keep it alive by clicking it.
Image
User avatar
B.T. Isaac
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 am
Location: allways on the road

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Yeah, I'm a lurker myself, so I know what it's like. The picture(s) are good enough to not have any flaws worth mentioning, or someone else has mentioned it, and it feels pointless just to say "Ooh pretty." or something, unless you have something worth mentioning, too.

It's still kinda annoying too post four pictures and only get two comments in a week.

Anyway, I'm back from New York. I'll post a journal with some highlights later today/tomorrow and I'll get a lot of photos+sketches soon.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:45 pm

About time I posted it I know.

The journal
Remember the preview I made?
Zombie. Need I say more?

Sorry for the delay. I'll leave for a week again tomorrow, so that why I probably won't reply.
User avatar
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Denmark

Postby Illusionist on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:59 am

That's the second most polite zombie I've seen in a long time.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
User avatar
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4697
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Probably not where I'm supposed to be

 
PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests