(2-5-9's fanart) Actual fanart!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) I'm back

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 pm

:D Thanks!

But you know, you seem a bit harsh about your own work. Have you tried? I mean, I'm sure you've tried drawing at some point in your life, but you don't know you won't be able to make a good AMV or something. With a song that fits something and enough patience, anyone can make a good AMV.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm alright at drawing, terrible at shading. And my problem with AMV's is mainly I have no idea how to go about it... Mainly cos I don't have any sources. :D
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Sources for music or videos/pictures?
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MOOMANiBE on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Wow, that Grace picture's quite a step up from your other work. Great sense of depth to it.
MOOMANiBE
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 am

Praise from Caeser.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:59 am

MOOMANiBE wrote:Wow, that Grace picture's quite a step up from your other work. Great sense of depth to it.

*bows* Thank you. :D But I have had quite some time to get better.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Proginoskes on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:07 am

Your work meets with approval, but as I said on dA as Future-Known, the title of "Two Dudedettes" had me expecting maleification.
Call me Prodiraskes.
Is there any way to have inline fixed-width text in BBCode?
Favourite EGS:NP Headline: Uryuomoco Bill: Illegal to Have Non-Translated Signs?
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:44 am

Heh, yeah. :) However, the first thing I did was to correct the name, so it's spelled correct now.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aeg'air on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:41 am

VIdeo clips mainly :D
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 am

Ah. Well, if you have some songs that fit EGS or another webcomic, you should have no problem finding graphics. And if you've got a song for something else you could try finding someone Youtube who have the right clips and ask where they got them from.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:05 am

There are several websites devoted to AMVs, if you want Anime clips you could ask there.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aeg'air on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the advice, when I have time I may...hopefully...in the future...maybe... try to make an AMV.
Inventory
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 2-5-9 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:52 am

Awesome!
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 am

Might I suggest Naruto scenes featuring the title character and Sasuke, put to Stephen lynch's If I Were Gay?

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aeg'air on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am

You may but due to 2 reasons the odds of me attempting that are extremely slim.

1) My knowledge of Naruto is mainly stuff from BvS

2) I do not have the song
Inventory
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Both valid reasons not to do it.

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) Brunette

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:49 am

New drawing: Link

Also, I've been thinking about something. They'll generally be sketchier, but I'm planning on uploading sketches in the weekends, if I haven't updated with a serious picture. BTW, "sketchier" is translatable with "color rare, ink pretty much never".
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: (2-5-9's fanart) Actual fanart!

Postby 2-5-9 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 am

Just not of EGS.

It's Mai from Avatar!

I might continue this either digitally or traditionally, but I still like how it looks now.
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tricia on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:39 am

the left arm and leg seem a little off. The perspective, possibly. Though it might also be the sketchiness combined with the outfit making it seem that way.

Still, though. Looks nice. :)
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby 2-5-9 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 am

The leg is supposed to look smaller because of perspective, yes, but now that mention it, the arm is too long. If it were to follow the perspective it should be smaller... :-? I'll have to change that when I finish it...

Thank you. :)
2-5-9
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive