EGS Forum Rules - Read if New Here!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

EGS Forum Rules - Read if New Here!

Postby DarkShive on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:32 pm

Keep these in mind when posting here:

- Please don't post any swears or anything that you wouldn't see in the comic itself.

- If you post an EGS story and/or filler (or NP, etc.) idea in regards to the comic in these forums, understand you're effectively giving me the "OK" to use them. I don't change the story according the speculation, but sometimes people guess correctly (logical deduction doesn't always fail, even with EGS). I may use suggestions for fillers.

- Please don't engage in flame wars, and try to be considerate of others.

- Should you feel the need to post an off-topic thread that is likely to get posted in a lot, instead post it here: EGS Mayhem. Off-topic posts that are brief announcements, such as "I'm back from being away" or "I'm going away" or "help me with this technical problem" are ok so long as the threads stay short and aren't frequently posted in for extended periods of time. Threads that start out as acceptable but become large and frequently posted in are likely to be moved to EGS Mayhem. What is and isn't to be sent to the EGS Mayhem section shall be up to me.

----------------------------------------------

The following has to do with trolls and inappropriate postings:

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a bit of a request. If you witness someone posting something that is inappropriate for this particular board, do not respond to it. If you are happy that I am deleting said inappropriate posts, do not post about that either. Ignore said posts and those who post them as though they were a skin disease that can only get worse should you pick at them.

Remember: if someone's state of being is in such a state of ruin that they have to irritate and annoy others unprovoked in order to feel better about themselves, odds are that they're not going to listen to reason. The problem in the lives of these people go deeper than your words can reach, and unless they themselves do something about it, there's little we can do but ignore them, delete what we can, and go about our own business. Anything else is positive reinforcement for attention junkies who are evidently missing something important in their lives.[/url]
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby DarkShive on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:08 pm

http://forums.keenspot.com/viewforum.php?f=81

Roleplaying and/or grossly off-topic game threads will be inevitiably moved to the above EGS-related forum. It's still keenspot, so no seperate registration or anything is required. Same forum rules apply there as here, except that posts are intended to be off-topic and/or RP.

This is an alternative to simply forever locking down/deleting such threads, and it's made possible by Gav, who was willing to set up a second EGS forum. So give it up for Gav, and be sure to check out Nukees sometime.

Please note that a couple of minor off-topic threads in the main forums here are ok (such as "I'll be away" notices and quick questions that fellow readers are likely to be able to answer like "how do I fix _____ IE problem"), but games, roleplaying, philosophical debates, etc. are destined for the "EGS Mayhem" forum.
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Return to El Goonish Shive