[1/27] A match made in 910 newbie threads.

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: [1/27] A match made in 910 newbie threads.

Postby MOOMANiBE on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Hm. How unusual. I wonder how that happened.
MOOMANiBE
Keenspot Despot

Postby mdm on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Hmmm. I really don't know, and I'm not in the mood to argue.

You are and you know it!

No, he's not. And now we have you cornered.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LillyOnymous on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:43 pm

10.0.0.1 wrote:Thom, I get that you are trying to help and mean well but I believe we have this handled. Those appointed have enough knowledge of mayhem to determine when a ban is needed.

Not trying to be mean or snippy, if it comes across that way I assure you it is not intended to. At this point the 910 mod team has a very bad rep on mayhem in my view, in part thanks to the arrogant forcefulness of one of your own.
That may or may not be fair but no one from 910 said anything to counter his pushy arrogant doomsaying that has alienated a number of us.

Thom was not dictating to you how to handle things in Mayhem. He was reassuring the people that have been woefully uninformed about 910CMX that things aren't quite as restrictive as you've been led to believe. He's reaching out to the people that are more concerned with the forums related directly to EGS, rather than the future of Mayhem.

As another admin for 910CMX I also extend a hearty welcome to everyone that wants to come on over. I can't promise you won't be banned for repeated offenses of the rules... but after almost 6 years of business, you'd be the 12th.
LillyOnymous
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kalga on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Thom Khatt wrote:tl;dr

TingYi wrote:Yeah but I wouldn't ban you for that. Sheesh.

I never said you would.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cameo on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:24 pm

mdm wrote:112.0 FM-KGRL.

Kgirl has a radio station? :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:41 pm

:lol: :-? :okthen: 8) :shifty: :gonk: :D :rootbeer: :tfgun: :gonk: :o

Edit: I have NO idea what I was thinking there...
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Proginoskes on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:57 pm

mdm wrote::lol: :-? :okthen: 8) :shifty: :gonk: :D :rootbeer: :tfgun: :gonk: :o

Edit: I have NO idea what I was thinking there...

This post made me laugh. Whoever named the :gonk: face "gonk" has an eye for humour.
Call me Prodiraskes.
Is there any way to have inline fixed-width text in BBCode?
Favourite EGS:NP Headline: Uryuomoco Bill: Illegal to Have Non-Translated Signs?
Proginoskes
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Amon Star on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:57 am

Kalga wrote:Xeph: I don't think anyone newer then me should become a mod. Not enough time.

Oz and CC: Both are WAY to passive to make good mods. Lomgren too.

That, and CC just watches. It's what he does. He's a bard. Bards are like that.

I think Xeph's lack of preconceptions would be a huge asset as a Mod. He has already shown himself to be both mature and good at oration, if you get what I mean.

CC isn't that passive, believe me, though I agree he isn't around a lot. But then nor does BW and many are recommending him.
BinaryWraith wrote:Hey, no doubt. I'm not really too worried about it either way. If folks want me to mod, I'll mod, and do my best at it. If not, well, I've got RPs to play. :D My opposition to Squato was rather vehement, but I tend to speak my mind first and foremost, and have had bad experience with him that I felt needed sharing. I've been an administrator for a MOO for the best part of the last decade now, and despite being rather opinionated, I can state that I've never reprimanded someone for anything other than breaking the stated rules, no matter my personal opinion on the matter.

Edit : If anyone, especially Dan, has any questions or concerns, I'm pretty much always on #egs over on nightstar.net, or binarywraith on AIM. I may not be at the keys, but I'll get back to you shortly.

I'm now less concerned about you being a Mod, BW. However, I still think someone more diplomatic would be a better candidate.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:36 am

I think Xeph's lack of preconceptions would be a huge asset as a Mod. He has already shown himself to be both mature and good at oration, if you get what I mean.

No. I don't. And how do you know he's got a skill at oration? And he's been around long enough to have preconceptions, don't lie. He's only about six months newer then I am. And I don't think I've been around long enough for modship.

But if it was based on a lack of preconceptions and a skill with words, not only would be be two of the mods, I'd be emperor of the moon.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Sqauto on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:34 am

How did you take that job title off Mr Inconvenient Truth?

10.0.0.1 wrote:Not trying to be mean or snippy, if it comes across that way I assure you it is not intended to. At this point the 910 mod team has a very bad rep on mayhem in my view, in part thanks to the arrogant forcefulness of one of your own.
That may or may not be fair but no one from 910 said anything to counter his pushy arrogant doomsaying that has alienated a number of us.

If you are talking about myself, then know I was acting as the messenger in all of this. Passing on what information of value I was hearing from the top about this while talking about the offer to move Mayhem to 910 in the event that Keen felt they didn't want to keep it, and what might happen in such an event.

10.0.0.1 wrote:He was stating he should be the mod when mayhem moved so yes I include him. If he was giving a deceptive impression of his status then someone should have corrected him on it.

I never said I was going to be the/a mod of Mayhem, just to confirm a statement raised that felt I might be since I'm already a mod over at 910. This was not to say that I would have been made a/the mod of Mayhem, in fact there was no final call made about anything relating to who might or might not have been the mod of Mayhem had it moved.

With that in mind, know that if I had been made a/the mod of Mayhem in such a move, it would not have been a long term event as I would have only held the position just long enough to make sure the change over was done smoothly, and that the final mod team would be in place to run the show and know how to do so (something I saw as lasting about 4 weeks at most). Beyond that, I had no interest in becoming a mod of Mayhem.

If the view I said otherwise was misread, then know I am sorry that might be the case and it was more then likely a slip-up in my mind then anything else because I was trying to manage everything I was hearing so the correct information could be given for everyone's judgement.

MOOMANiBE wrote:
10.0.0.1 wrote:He was stating he should be the mod when mayhem moved so yes I include him.

Squato says a lot of things. I assume you haven't had much interaction with him?

Free San Diego from the evil grip of California.

EDIT: Fixed up a few points I wasn't happy with.
Last edited by Sqauto on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby mdm on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:07 am

Sqauto wrote:as the massager in all of this

How much you charge for an hour's session? :P
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sqauto on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:27 am

mdm wrote:
Sqauto wrote:as the massager in all of this

How much you charge for an hour's session? :P

Not enough to be worth it. :P
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby Loztein on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:19 pm

The Below is my 2-cents on Modship. I do not wish to argue about it or even speak further upon what I've stated unless some serious debate takes place and i doubt that will happen. (Gods, what an awkward time to get back from a long Vacation this was.)
Modship, Not Binary Wraith, I will plainly state that I personally despise him, and the reason I do is mainly because of the way he words things, a lot of what he says feels vile to me (For lack of better words) like the words of a twisted serpent with bad breath, and always seems to prolong an argument rather than end it when he takes up this tone. Aside from that, (Which in all honesty he could be passed with all others except Sqauto for all I know having been gone so long) he'd make one darn-good Mod, he's definitely tough enough for it, but I do beleive that's enough to warrant against him just enough to actually think about making him one or not. It's a demerit, but though I lack anything good to say of him personally I have been gone awhile and even when here we would only cross paths on the off occassion, so do take that into account.
Still I've heard plenty of good of BinaryWraith from other Bunnies and beleive what they say has its own merit and he should be considered for the role, but not simply given it.

Sqauto can't be a Mod, he's a good guy but he lets his emotions get the better of him at times, to the point of doing more harm than good. That's enough to ruin that idea, but atleast he knows this and doesn't want the position.

Lomgren is a No, he's just too gosh-darn fluffy and glompable.

Anti-Paragon and a couple other of those names I'd seen nominated however make fine candidates and are worthy of debate. This is of course, coming from someone only recently back from an internet-free vacation that lasted a couple months, second longest I've had in my life and one of the better ones for sure.
Atleast I got Chicken.
Urbaniacs!
Brains
Quote of Boredom: "Great, now we’ve got a mummy on the loose, and the son of a b**** knows how to drive a stick"
– Burton Guster, from Psych
Loztein
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: A time someone of my sort just does not seem to belong...

Postby Kalga on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:40 pm

How did you take that job title off Mr Inconvenient Truth?

Raccoons.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby psycho_BUNNY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 pm

quote="Kalga"]
FaweFC44 wrote:Is there bacon in the prize chest?

Of course there is![/quote]

Actually it's prosciutto.

Cameo wrote:Fawe likes being a jerk for kicks, but I know what he's like off Mayhem; he's plenty mature when he's taking the subject seriously.

My ideal modly superstar tag-team would also be AP and BinaryWraith, but I'm iffy about pushing for Wraith as mod because he doesn't have that much time for the internets; otherwise, he'd be a better candidate than any of the others competing for that slot. It could work, though, if AP was sorta the on-call mod/in charge of the daily-type stuff, or something along those lines.

Oz seems pretty good too. My knowledge of him isn't as detailed as the rest of the potential mods, but he seems like a good fit.

I'm not convinced that they're the best candidates for mod, but I'd be OK with Fawe or TingYi, and they'd probably do a decent job.

Just say NO to Squato.

I would nominate AP and Atashi-Cloud... though I don't know how active Atashi is.

And just to make sure... Mayhem is staying here on Keenspot, right?
psycho_BUNNY
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Brooding pensively in a corner, on the verge of either an epiphany or a breakdown.

Postby Kalga on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 am

As far as I remember, they're going to change the name to "Mayhem", get a mod or two, and then it becomes Keen's job; not Dan's.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:50 pm

It's a definite good thing, just...uhm...*stares at psycho_BUNNY's post a bit, particularly the bit about mods*

I'm sorry, I can't get over the fact I've been pointed out as a candidate for Mod... :nervous: seriously, someone other than I, please? I may be as old as AP and the others, but there is less of a need for me to actually be a Moderator for any length of time. Two big points are that I tend to disappear occasionally for weeks when the real-world kicks me in the behind to catch up, and that I'm actually fairly biased when it comes to viewpoints and only debate when an opposing point is brought up.

To further this point, I only solve problems when the problems are presented and given a real form to deal with...in a place like the internet where most problems are psychological, I don't do so well and it just sorta makes it easier for me to just make it horribly ineffective and prolonged. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, but there isn't much I feel could be said about what good would come of me being a Moderator.

I can probably name all the horrors and evils, breakfast cereals, orangutans, unicorns and holy hand grenades that will come up with me being a Mod...but really I'm more content to be amongst everyone else....heck, look to someone like maybe our own Fort's Leader for a Moderating position. Me? I'm just some guy behind a computer with an enjoyment for Role-playing and generic Transformational Mayhem...

...okay, that last bit was too much of a joke on itself. :grumble: Though I still think it's a little crazy to suggest me for being a Mod...no offense to your view of me, psycho_BUNNY, just a nagging feeling that I'd be getting in over my head with this.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kyrio on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:02 pm

AP has my vote. That's all I really have to say.
Kyrio
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 am

look to someone like maybe our own Fort's Leader for a Moderating position.

I refuse to allow someone who is leader only because of Ajac's Arthurian fetish be a mod. I've yet to burn the fort to ashes.

It's my gift.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Kalga wrote:No. I don't. And how do you know he's got a skill at oration? And he's been around long enough to have preconceptions, don't lie. He's only about six months newer then I am. And I don't think I've been around long enough for modship.

But if it was based on a lack of preconceptions and a skill with words, not only would be be two of the mods, I'd be emperor of the moon.

By oration I meant his ability to use words effectively, even if the format isn't spoken. And Xeph has been around long enough to get the feel of Mayhem, which is long enough in my opinion.

And, no offence, you have neither a lack of preconceptions or an excessive skill with words, that I have seen.
Kalga wrote:I refuse to allow someone who is leader only because of Ajac's Arthurian fetish be a mod. I've yet to burn the fort to ashes.

It's my gift.

This I agree with you on. I put Xeph forward for different reasons. I would also love to see Fort Mayhem burnt to the ground, the remains bulldozed into the sea and the earth that in on salted so that nothing can ever grow again there. But, let's be honest, that ain't gonna happen.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Ah, why show off your hidden trench knife before you have to use it?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive