[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/4/02] The best laid plans

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/4/02] The best laid plans

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:03 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020604.html

The thought occurs to me that Nanase is not exactly the most subtle of people. I realize that Justin upset her here, but she shouted the last panel of the previous comic and the second panel of this while in school. Justin might not have been audible from a distance but Nanase seems like she was. It's kinda a wonder we haven't seen any jokes or rumors about her stemming from this incident. Maybe a lot of the students at Moperville South are actually rather mature young men and women and don't feel the need to tease people or spread gossip about this kind of thing.

*snerk* AH HAHAHAHA :lol:
Sorry, sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face with that one. Seriously though, she'd must have gotten real lucky there. That or Justin's paranoia about such things kept him from bringing up the subject while somebody else was within what he estimated to be hearing distance.

OK, changing subjects here, I wonder how much of what Nanase said in panel two was her own desires or her mother's. And while I don't think she's going to continue going looking for Mr. Right now, does she have a desire to be a mother some day. I'm curious as to whether or not she'd want to pursue adoption or artificial insemination in the future, or possibly a little help from the TFG (although come to think of it if they did that she might end up being the father).
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 6/4/02] The best laid plans

Postby nitpicking on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Keep in mind, Dan apparently hadn't thought out the whole background at this point, and certainly even if he had, Nanase didn't know yet that she'd be closeted shortly.

Using an Uryuom egg, Nanase and Ellen could have a child together (a daughter) with no need for transgenderification. According to the strange rules of Uryuom egg kids, the child would presumably be a seyunolu who could shapechange, but not as painlessly as Grace, and whose natural form would be of, um, a female human who can transform into other female humans.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 am

nitpicking wrote:Keep in mind, Dan apparently hadn't thought out the whole background at this point, and certainly even if he had, Nanase didn't know yet that she'd be closeted shortly.

Using an Uryuom egg, Nanase and Ellen could have a child together (a daughter) with no need for transgenderification. According to the strange rules of Uryuom egg kids, the child would presumably be a seyunolu who could shapechange, but not as painlessly as Grace, and whose natural form would be of, um, a female human who can transform into other female humans.

They could add genes from something else as well to improve that. I'm sure Jeremy could be induced to volunteer.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: She really should think about it, even if she comes up with the same answers. At any rate, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Chaos Priestess wrote:OK, changing subjects here, I wonder how much of what Nanase said in panel two was her own desires or her mother's.

Crystal: I suspect both. Her mother expressed the desire for such a future, and Nanase adopted it for her own without thinking.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive