*blink*

...you amaze me, Illy.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Re: [Story - Jan 22, 2008]

Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Oh, so we're playing this game again, are we? I misunderstand or simply don't comprehend something, and then you get all huffy when I ask for an explanation.

Aren't you bored of that yet?
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tricia on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:08 pm

If you think calling someone a bitch and a whore is *better* than just saying shit...well, then anything I could say to you would be completely lost on you.
Last edited by Tricia on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 pm

For one thing, bitch has been used in-comic several times. I'm pretty sure slut's been in there too, somewhere, or at least the commentaries.

For another thing, I wasn't familiar with the word zorra until this thread.

For a third thing, complaining about being insulted, and then insulting someone else severely weakens your position. I advise you to stop it.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tricia on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:15 pm

So you're rules-lawyering, and don't care how the words are used. In other words, you're being a jackass for the sake of being a jackass.

There really needs to be a way to *actually* put someone on ignore. -.-
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 pm

See, if you'd articulate your points instead of spewing insults everywhere, more people might like you.

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Treat people how you want to be treated back illusionist...
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:51 pm

... and in the next installment, Carol leaves with an ambiguous parting shot that could be interpreted as welcoming Susan and Catalina to the Moperville lesbian community.
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:39 pm

What I'd like to see on the next school day (but I doubt Dan plans this): a large subset of the North student body shows up completely or partially cross-dressed, joining Susan's and Tedd's protest. (This has happened at real schools in the States, BTW.) This provides Elliot with cover if he has to appear in public as Gracelyn.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Dress codes can be funny things. One time there was carnival in my home town, everybody and his brother were dressed up, painted, wearing feathers and what have you. At the time I was in the Army. Feeling mischievous, I deliberately dressed up in formal uniform and walked through the carnival to visit a friend. The crowning moment of my day was unquestionably when someone yelled at me that I was a conformist. :lol:
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby benkenobi5 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:48 pm

The Old Hack wrote:Dress codes can be funny things. One time there was carnival in my home town, everybody and his brother were dressed up, painted, wearing feathers and what have you. At the time I was in the Army. Feeling mischievous, I deliberately dressed up in formal uniform and walked through the carnival to visit a friend. The crowning moment of my day was unquestionably when someone yelled at me that I was a conformist. :lol:

rofl, that's awesome

*edit* thanks for serving :D
*I had to remove the Admiral Ackbar Cereal ad... something happened with the link, not sure what, though :( *
BenKenobi5's personal lightsaber. bask in the glory of its awesomeness.
benkenobi5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aegis on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:14 pm

*sighs*

I'm getting a bloody headache going through this post.

ANYWAYS... all things considering, without the rest of the interview, it is rather hard to see anything else beyond Susan getting all dumbfounded over the question, and Catalina coming off as shallow over 'white stains easily'. :P But, hey, who knows what the reaction will be like, especially when you have someone like Carol who's heart is very much close to Moperville. As a reporter who isn't quite the cliche type, I would love to see Dan pull her character off and see more of what she can add to the comic.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Dan poke fun of us, since Bunnies love to overanalyze the little things, but... as someone mentioned, that would derail the story. That, and I'm not sure I want to see Dan vent off on a comic over us. >>;

And I want some Admiral Ackbar cereal. o.o;
Aegis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby benkenobi5 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Aegis wrote:And I wouldn't mind seeing Dan poke fun of us, since Bunnies love to overanalyze the little things, but... as someone mentioned, that would derail the story. That, and I'm not sure I want to see Dan vent off on a comic over us. >>;

Agreed.
a filler seems pretty reasonable.
*eagerly awaits filler*

And I want some Admiral Ackbar cereal. o.o;

with COLORFUL MARSHMALLOWS AND IMITATION CRAB MEAT!!!
*I had to remove the Admiral Ackbar Cereal ad... something happened with the link, not sure what, though :( *
BenKenobi5's personal lightsaber. bask in the glory of its awesomeness.
benkenobi5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darekun on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:31 am

<puts Tricia on ignore again>

Unforgiven wrote:It always confuses me to see a girl wearing a thick coat and what looks like three scarves on top of each other, and bare legs. :-?

They balance out. I live in San Diego, and on the rare occasions when it rains, my only clothing change is a thick waterproof jacket; I end up plenty warm for the cooler weather. So the bare legs probably correlate with the bundled-up top :J

Stardrake_ wrote:Personally, I'm not sure about Susan's expression in the final panel. It's a situation where I'd expect her to be rolling her eyes or something, not the... poker-face-ish expression she has. Of course, that might be the point.

I read it as sympathy.

Stardrake_ wrote:
Dan wrote:Urge to make comic mocking own fanbase taking things too seriously... RISING...
DOOOO EEEEET!!!

Seconded! (As a filler, of course.)
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aeg'air on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 am

Darekun wrote:<puts Tricia on ignore again>

She hasn't said anything!

The mocking us comic is so ... anticipated...lol
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:04 am

Over in rec.arts.comics.strips in another context, someone made an interesting point: in the winter, this dress code will be incredibly painful for the girls (assuming Moperville has cold winters). Will Principal Verruckt, who is well-meaning, let the girls literally freeze their tuchus off?
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 am

I imagine there are seasonal uniforms.

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dragonstar on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:22 am

I think Moperville is in the Midwest, so, yeah, cold winters.
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sqauto on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 am

Not too bad, this reporter doesn't look to be that bad at doing her job (might be a little unhappy that the "good stuff" doesn't come her way). From the looks of things, I'll say she has been doing this job for at least a few years since those higher up don't look to mind her searching for her own stories (even if they are not run).

On the point about what she has to wear...yeah that is true. Hence they want the news desk (no one sees what they wear under that).
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby bignutter on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Sqauto wrote:On the point about what she has to wear...yeah that is true. Hence they want the news desk (no one sees what they wear under that).
Not unless you're Angela Rippon!

BN
If you don't know what I mean.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSzTcBjNaw
Started as a Bunny in 23 Aug 04... It's taken me over a year to join.

The story behind that avatar.

Beaware I do art, as much as I fart... (Note to self: Don't produce flatulant Rhymes..)

AC:WW, Mario Kart DS/Wii, StarFox DS, FF3, Pokémon D/P/PBR, and Brawl - PM me for a FC swap.
bignutter
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Free Radical on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm

The Old Hack wrote:Dress codes can be funny things. One time there was carnival in my home town, everybody and his brother were dressed up, painted, wearing feathers and what have you. At the time I was in the Army. Feeling mischievous, I deliberately dressed up in formal uniform and walked through the carnival to visit a friend. The crowning moment of my day was unquestionably when someone yelled at me that I was a conformist. :lol:

Are you sure you didn't just walk into a Monty Python sketch? ^^
Free Radical
Keenspot Despot

Re:

Postby The Old Hack on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Free Radical wrote:Are you sure you didn't just walk into a Monty Python sketch? ^^

Well, thing is, Monty Python comes closer to reality than most kinds of fiction because it doesn't have to make that much sense.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nocturn on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Aeg'air wrote:She hasn't said anything!

You see, Aeg'air, when a woman is called a slut, she is not allowed to feel insulted. Darekun, being a whore herself, knows that.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ostracee on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Tricia wrote:If you think calling someone a bitch and a whore is *better* than just saying shit...well, then anything I could say to you would be completely lost on you.

Let's just say, "du er ikke den som ødelegger, fitta."
Ostracee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nc-edsl on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Ostracee wrote:
Tricia wrote:If you think calling someone a bitch and a whore is *better* than just saying shit...well, then anything I could say to you would be completely lost on you.

Let's just say, "you are not the one who destroys p****."

Google's translator probably got something wrong, but that certainly is an interesting turn of phrase.

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO DESTROYS P****, I AM!"
*drops pants, revealing a massive weaponized codpiece.*

Kind of like the inverse of 'Teeth'.

Somewhat more on the off-topic: Insulting someone and swearing at them is almost always worse than just swearing around them. Even if the non-insult swearing is "worse" by whatever swearing hierarchy you use, the other person will normally be more insulted by the actual insult(s).
nc-edsl
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive