[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/2/02] I didn't do it!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/2/02] I didn't do it!

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:25 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020602.html

Yeah, you tell him Tedd! It takes a lot more than that to get somebody to turn. For one thing Verruckt didn't make him an offer or give him a compelling reason to do so. The guy didn't even say "please". You can't just mention the dark side and expect people to turn. You have to tempt them first.

I shudder to think of what the school would be like with an army of goo-based hall monitors though. Anybody caught being tardy or without a hall pass would the worst sliming ever. Then of course there's the immediate rebellion of any and all janitors soon after the new staff were given their positions, which means the school would become absolutely filthy. And even worse is that the school and all of the valuables and not-so-valuables would be ransacked by young heroes who would break into the school at night for training sessions, so the school would actually become less secure than before the new monitors were created.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 6/2/02] I didn't do it!

Postby The Old Hack on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Conversely, it might actually be Verrückt showing a rare glimmer of sense. Ordinary hall monitors would likely be helpless against not only further goo creature attacks but also other things like Bloodgrems, chimaerae like Hedge, rogue dimension-hopping walruses and whatnot. Perhaps he simply desired to fight fire with fire, so to speak?
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aclute on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 am

Actually, since the bloodgrem just recently appeared, the Omega Goo didn't appear until quite some time after this point CP specified, and Hedge not only appears later on but doesn't even go near the school, not to mention the fact that even after these incidents Verrukt still knew very little about what happened, if anything at all, I'd say Verrukt isn't planning anything but another one of his stupid ideas, just like the murals, cameras, and uniforms. Like Dan said in his commentary: He's a nice guy and he means well, but he's just plain nuts.
Aclute
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 am

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: He didn't make it? How disappointing.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Crystal: Even this early, Tedd had begun to loose some of his Mad-Scientist cred.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 am

The Old Hack wrote:Conversely, it might actually be Verrückt showing a rare glimmer of sense. Ordinary hall monitors would likely be helpless against not only further goo creature attacks but also other things like Bloodgrems, chimaerae like Hedge, rogue dimension-hopping walruses and whatnot. Perhaps he simply desired to fight fire with fire, so to speak?

If he were wondering what he was supposed to do to keep the school safe from outside threats then I could see that argument, but the only thing he seems to be worried about is the students acting up. The only thing during his pondering in this strip that shows he might be concerned with the monster attacks is "wreaked hallways", and even then he seems to place blame on the students for it.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:If he were wondering what he was supposed to do to keep the school safe from outside threats then I could see that argument, but the only thing he seems to be worried about is the students acting up. The only thing during his pondering in this strip that shows he might be concerned with the monster attacks is "wreaked hallways", and even then he seems to place blame on the students for it.

True enough, and the fact that he values murals over such things as, say, proper fire alarms and sprinkler systems supports this notion. I guess he only wanted the goo hall monitors for their terror effect, then. :/
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eques Concordia on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:17 pm

The Old Hack wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:If he were wondering what he was supposed to do to keep the school safe from outside threats then I could see that argument, but the only thing he seems to be worried about is the students acting up. The only thing during his pondering in this strip that shows he might be concerned with the monster attacks is "wreaked hallways", and even then he seems to place blame on the students for it.

True enough, and the fact that he values murals over such things as, say, proper fire alarms and sprinkler systems supports this notion. I guess he only wanted the goo hall monitors for their terror effect, then. :/

Or maybe he wanted Tedd to add a chameleon ability to the goo - cheap, wandering, context-sensitive murals! :shifty:
Eques Concordia
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aclute on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Probably just another one of his stupid ideas, I say.
Aclute
Junior Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive