[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/1/02] One and only Tedd

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 6/1/02] One and only Tedd

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:41 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020601.html

So apparently Verruckt isn't willing to spend money of a working fire protection system, but he's installed a system that let's him listen in on what the students are saying in the halls. That's... a bit worrisome. Just how close does he think that school is to complete anarchy and/or the students are to becoming criminals anyway?
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 6/1/02] One and only Tedd

Postby The Old Hack on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020601.html

So apparently Verruckt isn't willing to spend money of a working fire protection system, but he's installed a system that let's him listen in on what the students are saying in the halls. That's... a bit worrisome.

Microphones concealed in the murals. The man has a sense of economy, kill two birds with one stone.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:04 pm

MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Only one Tedd in the entire school? Huh. I suppose that's not too unreasonable, even if it is a "common" name - I've never even met a Tedd/Ted before.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Crystal: After the "Matt and Rat" thing, I wasn't about to question the "person in the office responding to him" thing. Now that I know M&R were out of place, I'm ready to question it.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Youwillneverknow on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020601.html

So apparently Verruckt isn't willing to spend money of a working fire protection system, but he's installed a system that let's him listen in on what the students are saying in the halls. That's... a bit worrisome. Just how close does he think that school is to complete anarchy and/or the students are to becoming criminals anyway?

the speakers at my old school all had microphone installed in them, it was so the teachers could talk to the principal, i guess Verruckt just uses them on the students
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 pm

What is Sarah staring at in the last panel? The intercom should be behind her on the wall. Could she possibly be looking at the text?! She's breaking the fourth wall. Perhaps.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aclute on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 am

Yeah, I never noticed that. Maybe she's looking up at something else. i.e.: The principle's office is on a higher floor(if there are more floors)and she's looking up because of that. Stupid, I know, but that's my only logical explanation besides it was intended by Dan or a mistake on his part.
Aclute
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Darekun on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Aclute wrote:Yeah, I never noticed that. Maybe she's looking up at something else. i.e.: The principle's office is on a higher floor(if there are more floors)and she's looking up because of that. Stupid, I know, but that's my only logical explanation besides it was intended by Dan or a mistake on his part.

Uh, most people will automatically look up when looking for a speaker, if they don't know where it is. (Or at least, most americans; it might be a result of having watched Star Trek, or something.)
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Alternate explanation: the speakers are mounted in the ceiling, or high on the walls. Somehow I could see Verrückt liking the idea of talking 'down' to the students.
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 pm

The Old Hack wrote:Alternate explanation: the speakers are mounted in the ceiling, or high on the walls. Somehow I could see Verrückt liking the idea of talking 'down' to the students.

Speaking as an ex-teacher: they're up higher to discourage casual vandalism.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 pm

nitpicking wrote:Speaking as an ex-teacher: they're up higher to discourage casual vandalism.

Or, this being Moperville, to reduce the risk of goo monsters, summoned entities, frozen waffles or the like wrecking them in passing. Notice that in this strip when Verrückt is musing over all the things that have gone wrong recently, he does not find the recent attacks of not one but two gigantic goo creatures worth including!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive