[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/28/02] Tedd the artist

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/28/02] Tedd the artist

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020528.html

You know, looking at this comic I can kinda understand why Elliot beats up Tony every once and a while. He face just screams "punch me" in this comic, and I don't think his tone of voice would be any different. I know it's wrong to beat up people and he wouldn't learn anything from it, but Tony just seems like somebody who needs to be taken down several pegs. As it is it's kind of a wonder that Tedd hasn't snapped at some point and attacked Tony himself at some point. He seems like he's just about ready to do it in this comic, and I wonder if he would have gone through with his desire to zap Tony in this comic if the gun hadn't broken the way it did. I'd still kinda like to see it in a filler or something.

Er... getting away from may raging hatred of Tony, I wonder just how far into first period that class is? Or for that matter what assignment Tedd is supposed to be working on actually is. I'm not saying that Tedd is necessarily goofing off here. I'm thinking that it might be kinda interesting if the assignment was one that would give Tony a good reason to assume that whatever Tedd was drawing he was attracted to.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/28/02] Tedd the artist

Postby The Old Hack on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Conceivably it could be something like "draw the first thing that comes to your mind" or alternately just a free form drawing exercise... and Grace would be much on Tedd's mind at this stage, I suspect. As to Tony... yeah. He may not be irredeemable, but he is certainly annoying and as you put it, practically begging for it.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: That guy had no idea how personal that jab about it being a picture of an "animal girl" was...

Tedd is going to use his transformation gun on that guy? Wow, I didn't think he was the sort to do that sort of thing (even to someone who deserves some sort of punishment).

== Jan, 2009 ==

Crystal: Either Dan wasn't good enough yet to show someone drawing badly, or Tedd's a pretty good artist. I wonder if Tedd draws as a hobby, or just for art class.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:06 pm

ChronosCat wrote:Crystal: Either Dan wasn't good enough yet to show someone drawing badly, or Tedd's a pretty good artist. I wonder if Tedd draws as a hobby, or just for art class.

Hey, Sarah is darn good, too. Don't forget her.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 am

Chaos Priest wrote:He seems like he's just about ready to do it in this comic, and I wonder if he would have gone through with his desire to zap Tony in this comic if the gun hadn't broken the way it did. I'd still kinda like to see it in a filler or something.

Of course he would have zapped him. Tedd was far more impulsive back then, and Elliot was supportive of the idea. Those two sure enjoyed pranks. Maybe this is why Ellen grew up to be a bit of a prankster.

Focusing on Tony for a second, I have always thought of him as a positive influence in Tedd's life. He provides minor obstacles for Tedd to overcome. By overcoming these challenges, Tedd grows as a person and benefits from his new found strength. I like to think of Tony as the cocoon that the caterpillar, Tedd, must interact and struggle with to form and grow strong enough to survive. Think of the day when Tedd emerges victorious from this struggle. Awesome.

The Old Hack wrote:Hey, Sarah is darn good, too. Don't forget her.

Evil Queen Tedd: Mirror, Mirror on the wall who is the greatest artist of them all (The cast of EGS)?
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Melvar on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:Those two sure enjoyed pranks. Maybe this is why Ellen grew up to be a bit of a prankster.
That sounds like the interpretation making Tedd and Elliot Ellen's parents, like in Elliot's dream.
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Return to El Goonish Shive