[STORY 1-14-2009] Next on CNN...

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: [STORY 1-14-2009] Next on CNN...

Postby SQRT(-2) on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:25 pm

The Wanderer wrote:Hmm... Cat's out of shape. I can say this because I'm out of shape and would probably be at least as breathless as she is after making a run like that.

As for Verrukt, I figured has hasn't been fired because the school board is a mural. He had a group of people painted on a wall with the caption "School Board" beneath it.

Cat probably ran around like one of those Family circus little dashed line path comics.

Car, Lunchroom, principal's office, restroom, water fountain, Stop and admire the new Mural "Leasbians are Neato!", go to locker.

Or, Susan just takes her breath away.
"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal." "And Ted Verres made them girls."
SQRT(-2)
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Darekun on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:45 pm

DemonicAngel wrote:yeah, but he also mentioned a specific reason for gaining a dragon form. This implies to me that he's not just gonna have Tedd whip one up in the lab for her...he's gonna put some thought into it.

Um, to me, having a good reason is easier without real dragons in the setting. They're iconic of extreme combat proficiency, and therefore add a nice intimidation factor to a form with Jeremy-Grace's pwrlvl...
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dragonstar on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Of course, dragons are also known to be amongst the most powerful magic-users in existence, and, oftentimes, powerful shapeshifters. They can EASILY hide into society. (Although, their penchant for eating beautiful young virgins MAY get them in trouble at times.)

As for Susan and Lesbianism, thanks to Tedd and Grace's Birthday Party, she WAS attracted to females (as a guy, true), but she MAY go to Tedd with the inquiry. Then again, maybe not.
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby T'Renn on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:48 am

DemonicAngel wrote:Plus, I think everyone would like a cat-size dragon. They be cute.

Oh, yeah, until that cat-sized dragon gets into the sort of mischief cats get into....

Except it can also fly. :o

And breathe fire. :shifty:
T'Renn
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stardrake_ on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 am

Illusionist wrote:Looking at the canon as it stands, there really doesn't seem to be any place for dragons.
Legion form combining komodo and bat would likely get fairly close. Her existing Jeremy form adds spikes and less reptilian musculature.

(Plus, there may be actual dragons in other universes with higher magic, such as the one Magus is from, even if there aren't any hiding out (extinct, maybe?) in the mainverse)
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Postby Raging Mouse on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:42 am

Stardrake_ wrote:
Illusionist wrote:Looking at the canon as it stands, there really doesn't seem to be any place for dragons.
Legion form combining komodo and bat would likely get fairly close. Her existing Jeremy form adds spikes and less reptilian musculature.

(Plus, there may be actual dragons in other universes with higher magic, such as the one Magus is from, even if there aren't any hiding out (extinct, maybe?) in the mainverse)

No need to bring in other universes, even. A biosystem that produces Uryuom and Lespuko could probably produce something fairly dragonlike as well.

There is a possibility which just struck me. Remember the Damien prophecy? A master of fire?
Raging Mouse
Keenspot Despot

Postby DemonicAngel on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 am

Or...how about Raven? We don't know what he turns into yet...but he is long lived, and has fangs...
DemonicAngela - Gender changed bunny
Warning: Read this, and lose the game.
DemonicAngel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheBlackPaladin on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:42 am

Grace having a dragon form would be so awesome that it would be hard to top. With the way she can combine forms plus her 3 tailed floating form would be too awesome for words.
Brett:Yeah? How about I break your face instead?!
Rachel:I invite you to try, Taggerty.
KRAK
Brett:AAAAAGGH!
Rachel:I break things with my face.

He's an uncontrollable arachnophobic cyborg on the edge. She's a provocative impetuous detective in the wrong place at the wrong time. They fight crime!

Which FF Character Are You?
TheBlackPaladin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:56 am

Tarvok wrote:

HOW? Dan's "everything is magic" kitchen sink approach to the setting allows for the possibility of ANYTHING.

Dan invented a creature for Rocky to summon. It doesn't seem likely he'll fall back on stock creatures, even with magic involved.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tarvok on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 am

Except for the part... you know... when Dan said he'd LIKE to give Grace a dragon form if he had a good reason for it...

And I'm pretty sure "dragon form" doesn't just mean "scaly-fangy as designed by Tedd," but probably breathing fire as well, which I don't think the gun can do.

I just love how you're so confident about how the Gooniverse works that even the author's words have no effect on your views. :lol:
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:17 am

I said the canon as it stands. I'm not Nostradamus.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ForkBomb on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:41 am

Isn't this exactly what NP was invented for?
Or do a dream sequence :). No one will mind if its at a quiet time and is totally awesome.
Also, can we get some dragon-grace concept art next time you need filler? :)
ForkBomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tuitsuro on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 pm

A Squirreldragon? Wonder if I can make that in Spore...
Tuitsuro
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby warrl on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Dragonstar:
Of course, dragons are also known to be amongst the most powerful magic-users in existence, and, oftentimes, powerful shapeshifters. They can EASILY hide into society. (Although, their penchant for eating beautiful young virgins MAY get them in trouble at times.)

It won't necessarily be that big a problem... http://www.lionslair.com/Lyrics/Gilda_&_the_Dragon.html
:wink:
warrl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm surprised Susan wanted Catalina with her so much that she came back and got her. I would think it might hurt Susan's cause that one of her few supporters is in full uniform.

Also, while I would still celebrate if Dan brought back color, second comic in and I'm already used to the b&w.

Ineluki wrote:Having her have overheared something would've worked better, imo.
Except we know the real reason the news crew is there is because of the Bloodgrem.

Tenebris wrote:The monochrome is certainly working wonders for the schedule.
We're only two strips in after hiatus, and if I recall correctly he did a buffer before he started up - of course we're still on schedual. Also, I'm sure the situations are completely different, and the old schedule was falling apart near the end, but I can't help but think of the fact that while it was in color the strip was doing 3 strips a week for quite some time.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:44 pm

ChronosCat wrote:I'm surprised Susan wanted Catalina with her so much that she came back and got her. I would think it might hurt Susan's cause that one of her few supporters is in full uniform.

I've always wondered about that. You'd think Catalina would have joined Susan in wearing the male uniforms. Maybe she can't afford a set.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Nightranger wrote:
ChronosCat wrote:I'm surprised Susan wanted Catalina with her so much that she came back and got her. I would think it might hurt Susan's cause that one of her few supporters is in full uniform.

I've always wondered about that. You'd think Catalina would have joined Susan in wearing the male uniforms. Maybe she can't afford a set.

Are you kidding? These things cost a mural! :o
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm

I think that was the cost of enough for the entire student population.

Maybe Cat could have something suitable in her wardrobe already, like Tedd did/does.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Stardrake_ on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:43 am

Illusionist wrote:
Tarvok wrote:

HOW? Dan's "everything is magic" kitchen sink approach to the setting allows for the possibility of ANYTHING.

Dan invented a creature for Rocky to summon. It doesn't seem likely he'll fall back on stock creatures, even with magic involved.
The Bloodgrem? It isn't that 'non-stock'. Could quite easily be some form of unseelie fey that wasn't notable enough to become well-known in the mundane world.
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 am

Raging Mouse wrote:There is a possibility which just struck me. Remember the Damien prophecy? A master of fire?

Couldn't that be Elliot? Remember his first fight with the Goo. Fire, and yes this is wild specualtion.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:59 am

Stardrake_ wrote:The Bloodgrem? It isn't that 'non-stock'. Could quite easily be some form of unseelie fey that wasn't notable enough to become well-known in the mundane world.

You remember how Dan designed it himself, yeah?

Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tenebrais on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:42 am

Nightranger wrote:

Remember the effort Susan had to go to to get a male uniform? And that required her to get a female uniform for Tedd. I somewhat doubt Cat is in anything like a similar situation...
Maybe she wants Cat to show off the uniform she has such a problem with. Or maybe she just wants some support.
Tenebrais
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby nitpicking on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:00 am

Remember that scene with Sarah pleading with Catalina not to get herself in more trouble? I think both the blonde feminists whose names start with "S" are very concerned about her and try to talk her out of acting up.

Yes, technically Susan's name starts with "T".
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tricia on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:24 am

...and she's also not (currently) a blonde...
I love Darryl, yes I do.
And I love Noxy too.
Tricia
Keenspot Despot

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 pm

...and you forgot about Sandi, so if you're counting Susan then there would actually be three blond feminists whose names start with an "S"...
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to El Goonish Shive