[STORY 1-14-2009] Next on CNN...

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Re: [STORY 1-14-2009] Next on CNN...

Postby yreomyr on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Does Sandi count as a feminist? I mean, sure, she's a member of the club, but she really doesn't quite have the spirit, y'know?
yreomyr
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChibiCarrera on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:59 pm

She was in it to help for college. Wasn't she?
This makes me cry everytime
ChibiCarrera
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, but when she asked to rejoin she mentioned she had thought about it and realized that she benefited from what previous feminists had done and she wanted to be a part of that cause even if it meant some people would look down on her for it. I'd say she counts.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

At the moment I'm speaking of, Sandi was already planning to quit the Feminist Club.

After all the foofooraw about color, what I'm actually missing is Dan's bonus commentaries.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Maybe we can talk Dan into doing commentaries in coloured fonts!

What? :shifty:
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChibiCarrera on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 pm

The Old Hack wrote:Maybe we can talk Dan into doing commentaries in coloured fonts!

Yay colored fonts!!!! :D
This makes me cry everytime
ChibiCarrera
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby CaliforniaDave on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm

The Old Hack wrote:See the other examples given of bad teachers here, and then look at the principal of Sunnydale High in Buffy season 2 and 3... there are worse things than Verrückt out there. >.<

Jonathan : "A lot of weird stuff happens here."
Students: "Zombies! Hyena people! Snyder!"
CaliforniaDave
Junior Keenspotter

Postby CaliforniaDave on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Schmorgluck wrote:If I read again "principal" written "principle", I'm gonna cry !

"What's the matter, don't you like our school?"
"The school is fine - it's the principal of the thing!"

I told this one to my high school principal. Fortunately he 1) knew I was a jokester and 2) had a great sense of humor himself.
CaliforniaDave
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Aeg'air on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:51 am

ChibiCarrera wrote:
The Old Hack wrote:Maybe we can talk Dan into doing commentaries in coloured fonts!

Yay colored fonts!!!! :D

While we're at it maybe the should have a gradient?
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bobthespirit on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 am

If they fired principals for tyrannical policies and thinking they know how to live students' lives better than they do, there'd be a 50% turnover rate every year.

Susan's definitely right to resist this ass and refuse to wear skirts, but I'm not sure about her plan to showboat it on TV. She may be getting more than she bargained for on that one.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Bobthespirit wrote:Susan's definitely right to resist this ass and refuse to wear skirts, but I'm not sure about her plan to showboat it on TV. She may be getting more than she bargained for on that one.

If this were a totally different story, she'd have solved her problem right there. Mr. Verres, who needs to maintain The Masquerade, would shut Verrukt down just to keep his son's friend, and a magic-using participant in one of his coverups, off TV.

However, in this genre adults never solve the teenagers' problems for them.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bilateralrope on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 pm

nitpicking wrote:
Bobthespirit wrote:Susan's definitely right to resist this ass and refuse to wear skirts, but I'm not sure about her plan to showboat it on TV. She may be getting more than she bargained for on that one.

If this were a totally different story, she'd have solved her problem right there. Mr. Verres, who needs to maintain The Masquerade, would shut Verrukt down just to keep his son's friend, and a magic-using participant in one of his coverups, off TV.

However, in this genre adults never solve the teenagers' problems for them.

How would Susan's opposition to the uniforms risk the masquerade ?

All I can see is if someone threatens to reveal everything unless Mr. Verres helps them.

A much more plausible way for the adults to help is that Susan convinces her mother to hire some high priced lawyers to talk to Verrukt and/or the rest of the school board.
Bilateralrope
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dragonstar on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

New WoD game . . . Verres the Masquerade?
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Naw, El Goonish Shive isn't dark enough for WoD. You might be able to use the Mage rules for part of it, but the setting just won't work, I think.
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dragonstar on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

The Old Hack wrote:Naw, El Goonish Shive isn't dark enough for WoD. You might be able to use the Mage rules for part of it, but the setting just won't work, I think.

Ruining a perfectly good pun with your so-called logic! Okay, so ruining an okay pun . . . FINE! Ruining a bad pun . . .
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Dragonstar wrote:Ruining a perfectly good pun with your so-called logic!

That was not logic, that was me exercising my bad taste!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Bilateralrope wrote:How would Susan's opposition to the uniforms risk the masquerade ?

All I can see is if someone threatens to reveal everything unless Mr. Verres helps them.

Anything that gets Susan publicity risks drawing attention to Grace, for one thing.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 pm

There might be a slight risk of it drawing attention to Grace, but as Susan doesn't even know Grace that well, she's completely unrelated to the situation, and she goes to another school I don't think it's much of a chance. Really, I can't see Mr. Verres having any problem with Susan appearing on the news to protest the uniforms. Now I could easily see him being worried about how the news crew is supposed to be there to cover the Bloodgrem attack as I'm guessing that things like magic and summoned monsters are (like aliens) something that's supposed to be kept under wraps, but I don't see any problem with Susan talking about the uniforms.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby ForkBomb on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:29 am

Chaos Priest wrote:There might be a slight risk of it drawing attention to Grace, but as Susan doesn't even know Grace that well, she's completely unrelated to the situation, and she goes to another school I don't think it's much of a chance. Really, I can't see Mr. Verres having any problem with Susan appearing on the news to protest the uniforms. Now I could easily see him being worried about how the news crew is supposed to be there to cover the Bloodgrem attack as I'm guessing that things like magic and summoned monsters are (like aliens) something that's supposed to be kept under wraps, but I don't see any problem with Susan talking about the uniforms.

All evidence of the bloodgrem has (I assume) been hidden, so what's there to worry about? As the news dude said, no evidence, no story.
Its a lot more likely to trace back to Elliot, who then may end up stuck being forced to lie about it all, but the news people seem to be giving up, so unlikely.
ForkBomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dragonstar on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am

ForkBomb wrote:All evidence of the bloodgrem has (I assume) been hidden, so what's there to worry about? As the news dude said, no evidence, no story.
Its a lot more likely to trace back to Elliot, who then may end up stuck being forced to lie about it all, but the news people seem to be giving up, so unlikely.

If it left evidence at all, since it went POOF, without leaving anything apparent behind.
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ForkBomb on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 am

CCTV, "reputable" sources (Staff, Security Guards etc) told to STFU, any damaged stuff fixed / hidden etc. Also have to tell the students some bullshit cover story, otherwise they'll start poking around and become conspiracy nuts etc.
IRL they would just steal a monkey from the nearest zoo, piss it off, release it, let animal control / cops shoot it, and blame it on which ever kid the local cops hate the most. Problem solved. But this is EGS, so "it was swamp gas" will do :).
ForkBomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tarvok on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 am

Mass hallucination: paint fumes from the murels.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dragonstar on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 am

ForkBomb wrote:CCTV, "reputable" sources (Staff, Security Guards etc) told to STFU

That would take money away from the murals. There would be no CCTV or security. Eye witnesses were what the crew would rely on, but that is disregarded by the executive because it is Moperville people.
Dragonstar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sqauto on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:20 am

After looking at this comic again...I'm suddenly starting to wonder if someone had an interesting past during the teenage years...
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to El Goonish Shive