[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/25/02] Rush for the bathroom

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/25/02] Rush for the bathroom

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:51 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020525.html

You know, technically Tedd didn't fall asleep with Shade on the couch again. I don't think that Mr. Verres would be all too happy about what did happen though.

Anyway, the first panel in this comic makes me dawww :D The last panel on the other hand makes me wonder if Tedd honed his amazing lying skills with the help of his father. I wouldn't guess that the guy who comes up with implausible explanations for a living would have trouble spotting them, but I suppose I just don't know that much about these things.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/25/02] Rush for the bathroom

Postby Nightranger on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Anyway, the first panel in this comic makes me dawww :D

Well, I can't disagree with you there. They really do make a cute couple, and it shows.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Chaos Priestess wrote: I wouldn't guess that the guy who comes up with implausible explanations for a living would have trouble spotting them, but I suppose I just don't know that much about these things.

Sacrilege! These explanations work to great effect! The Uryuom have blended seamlessly into Earth society with these t-shirts! SEAMLESSLY!
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ineluki on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 am

yeah, that made me always think of a rule like: "overly intricate articulation makes up for implausible explanations" ... w00t? :shifty:
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:38 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Ah, I hate it when I leave my bedroom before it's time for my alarm to ring, and forget the alarm is still on.

Also, I like the conversation in the final panel. In particular, I like the peculiar way Tedd phrased what he said.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Chaos Priest wrote: The last panel on the other hand makes me wonder if Tedd honed his amazing lying skills with the help of his father. I wouldn't guess that the guy who comes up with implausible explanations for a living would have trouble spotting them, but I suppose I just don't know that much about these things.

Crystal: I almost want to read Mr. Verres' response as sarcastic, but considering that we never see him confront Tedd about it, it probably isn't meant to be.

It's also possible Tedd says strange things like that even when he doesn't have anything to be guilty about, which would make it hard for Mr. Verres to tell the difference between the "implausible lies" and the "implausible truths".
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive