[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/23/02] Pogs Rule!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/23/02] Pogs Rule!

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:49 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020523.html

Does anybody else remember pogs? I remember my brothers would set up mock battlefields in the hallway and come up with stats for the various pogs for combat. Then we realized we could just do the same thing without a bunch of easily losable pieces of cardboard. Yeah, that was a fad that died pretty quickly.

Anyway, I think it's interesting what Tedd says in the fifth panel. If he's right then Mr. Verres didn't just get them from his work, he made the things. Wow, first Mr. Verres is able to get a job monitoring Grace's health and he can make complicated spy equipment. Just what did this guy major in anyway?
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/23/02] Pogs Rule!

Postby nitpicking on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Anyway, I think it's interesting what Tedd says in the fifth panel. If he's right then Mr. Verres didn't just get them from his work, he made the things. Wow, first Mr. Verres is able to get a job monitoring Grace's health and he can make complicated spy equipment. Just what did this guy major in anyway?

I missed that completely. Verres Senior is a mad scientist? Of course it would explain why he was picked to infiltrate Project Lycanthrope.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: I don't see how he thought glasses (would make / made) him look more masculine. Plenty of girls wear glasses, too.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Crystal: The first time I heard about Pogs was when they had a set of them included in an issue of Nintendo Power. I heard a little bit more about them over the next month or two, then that was it. (I don't think I ever even heard any kids at school refer to Pogs, let alone play with them.)
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:52 am

nitpicking wrote:
Chaos Priestess wrote:Anyway, I think it's interesting what Tedd says in the fifth panel. If he's right then Mr. Verres didn't just get them from his work, he made the things. Wow, first Mr. Verres is able to get a job monitoring Grace's health and he can make complicated spy equipment. Just what did this guy major in anyway?

I missed that completely. Verres Senior is a mad scientist? Of course it would explain why he was picked to infiltrate Project Lycanthrope.

Yeah, it's kinda funny that while Tedd is normally assumed to be the mad scientist now that I'm looking through the archives again I can see it's his dad that seems to fit the profile. He is obviously very skilled with electronics to be able to make the glasses, he at least is competent in the field of medicine, he is heavily involved with intelligence/espionage, and he has what seems to be a very through knowledge of magic. And on a more ascetic note, his hair also looks far more unkempt than Tedd's as well.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby AFNB on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Well, he had to get the tendancies from somewhere.
He came, said his piece, then sodded off.

Callahan's Law:
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased
(and bad puns are always appreciated).

A Friendly Neighborhood Bunny
AFNB
Keenspot Despot

Return to El Goonish Shive