[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/21/02] Blind? without 'em

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/21/02] Blind? without 'em

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:12 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020521.html

Tedd's asking if he's blind? Ya know, that boy is not a very good liar. Maybe he could practice by taking some theater classes or something. I'm sure he'd make a lovely Juliet :P

The thought just occurred to me, I don't think Tedd had any way of knowing if there actually was an intruder such as one of Grace's brothers or Damien. While it's very sweet that he was willing to rush to her side like that, it's a good thing she was just having a nightmare. I don't think he could have put up much of a fight, even if he had remembered to arm himself.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/21/02] Blind? without 'em

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:...While it's very sweet that he was willing to rush to her side like that, it's a good thing she was just having a nightmare. I don't think he could have put up much of a fight, even if he had remembered to arm himself.

Then again, a short scuffle with an abductor would have made for a great setup for the introduction of Tedd the ace detective. Seeking a way to track down and capture the one(s) who took Grace away, he would use his family's "vast" resources and his secret underground lab to fight crime.

Tedd = Batman, but with a TFG instead of $$$ in this parallel world.
... This is actually a cooler idea than I thought. :sleep:
-I'll sleep on it
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nitpicking on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:32 pm

I imagine Tedd can recognize a nightmare when he hears one.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:41 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Heh. Channeling Velma Dinkley much?

== Jan, 2009 ==

Chaos Priestess wrote:The thought just occurred to me, I don't think Tedd had any way of knowing if there actually was an intruder such as one of Grace's brothers or Damien. While it's very sweet that he was willing to rush to her side like that, it's a good thing she was just having a nightmare. I don't think he could have put up much of a fight, even if he had remembered to arm himself.

Crystal: I can picture him aiming the TFG at an intruder, bluffing that it was a real "blaster" of some sort. Of course, he would have to do a better job of acting than he did in this strip...
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Tedd's asking if he's blind? Ya know, that boy is not a very good liar. Maybe he could practice by taking some theater classes or something. I'm sure he'd make a lovely Juliet :P

I, for one, would love to see that. :D

edit: Actually, now that I think of it, that's not really that crazy of a concept. After all, Tedd's probably just the sort of person they would look for to play a female character in a play in Shakespear's time.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:The thought just occurred to me, I don't think Tedd had any way of knowing if there actually was an intruder such as one of Grace's brothers or Damien. While it's very sweet that he was willing to rush to her side like that, it's a good thing she was just having a nightmare. I don't think he could have put up much of a fight, even if he had remembered to arm himself.

I completely agree, but would argue that it was courageous as well. Tedd is perfectly aware that he is hardly a combat wombat. It's in character for him, mind -- while he is ordinarily cautious to the point of being timid, he has a proven record of going to the help of friends in the face of his fears when he feels he has to. (For exactly this reason, it must have cost him to admit that he ought to stay behind when Hedge catnapped Elliot. Him and Justin both, actually.)
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 am

Oh, certainly it was courageous of him. But rushing into a potentially dangerous situation without any means of protecting himself still wasn't the brightest thing to do. It's likely something he didn't even stop to think about. He just heard Grace scream and rushed off without thinking, which I think is a good sign of how much he cares even at this point.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Old Hack on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:52 am

Chaos Priest wrote:Oh, certainly it was courageous of him. But rushing into a potentially dangerous situation without any means of protecting himself still wasn't the brightest thing to do.

I have to agree, but the sad truth is that sometimes there just isn't enough time to react intelligently to a crisis -- and then we often fall back on instinct. In this case, Tedd's instincts strike me as admirable if dangerous.

It's likely something he didn't even stop to think about. He just heard Grace scream and rushed off without thinking, which I think is a good sign of how much he cares even at this point.

Again, I agree, though in situations where he does have time to think about what to do, that's usually exactly what he does, such as Elliot being kidnapped and coming to Susan's support against the uniform regulations.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
The Old Hack
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive