[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/18/02] Grace's dealer

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/18/02] Grace's dealer

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:22 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020518.html

Bad Tedd! No getting innocent girls addicted to drugs! :evil:

Wait... is catnip addictive? I not really all that sure just what effect it has cats. I wonder if Tedd has much experience in recreational catnip use. Um, but anyway... drugs are bad, m'kay?
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/18/02] Grace's dealer

Postby Raging Mouse on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 am

Well, if there's a part of the incident with Sarah we haven't been told then yes, Tedd just might have some observational data on the effects of catnip on a catgirl.
Raging Mouse
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haylo on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:07 am

Whether he tested it on Sara or not, odds are good that Tedd’s been a catgirl before himself...and undoubtedly learned first-hand about catnip.
Image .... Image
Haylo
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darekun on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 am

Chaos Priest wrote:Wait... is catnip addictive? I not really all that sure just what effect it has cats.

Nope; best we can tell, it's not psychoactive at all, it just has freaky-smelling ozopheromones. The "gets bored, leaves, comes back to play with it later" behavior is atypical of psychoactivity, and studies don't show resistance or dependency. (Even psychological dependency, though it's possible to get psychologically addicted to anything.)

So it's probably more like a glowstick - it produces interesting sensory input, and would probably combine well with drugs, but is not itself a drug.
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:59 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: She doesn't know what catnip is?

== Jan, 2009 ==

Crystal: Actually, there's no reason for mention of catnip to come up at the Nest, so this makes sense.

Darekun wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:Wait... is catnip addictive? I not really all that sure just what effect it has cats.

Nope; best we can tell, it's not psychoactive at all, it just has freaky-smelling ozopheromones. The "gets bored, leaves, comes back to play with it later" behavior is atypical of psychoactivity, and studies don't show resistance or dependency. (Even psychological dependency, though it's possible to get psychologically addicted to anything.)

So it's probably more like a glowstick - it produces interesting sensory input, and would probably combine well with drugs, but is not itself a drug.

I'll SECOND Darechan's first paragraph. As for the second, I think the effects are a bit stronger than a glowstick!

Not all cats react to catnip the same way. However, generally speaking the cats I've seen get into a playful mood when they smell catnip, and play around with either the catnip or the object with catnip scent for a while. Sometimes they'll get bored, other times they'll play until they're so tired out they take a nap.

They don't seem to suffer withdrawal symptoms; and while they have no problem asking for food (and making humans understand them) the same can't be said for catnip. Judging by this, I'd say its' not addictive.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive