[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/17/02] Hundreds of pervs echo Tedd

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/17/02] Hundreds of pervs echo Tedd

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:10 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020517.html

Well, at least Tedd tried to resist the urge. That's more than some other people would do.

I believe this is here would be the start of Grace's nudist tendencies. There was an earlier comic where she asked if Ted would mind her spending all the money for clothes on video games, but I think that could easily be interpreted as her not caring about what she wears. This strip on the other hand is fairly blatant about it.

Anyway, something that strikes me as odd is that while we can see Grace taking off her shirt, there's no indication of her having taken off or shredding a bra, or putting one back on for that matter. I suppose that if the straps got shredded along with the shirt she might have slipped it off at the same time, but I don't see anything that looks like a shredded strap in this comic. So... does this mean Grace goes without? I guess that a shapeshifter might not have to worry about certain things, but at the very least I think that might make for potential trouble, or at the very least much potential awkwardness, now that she's in school.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/17/02] Hundreds of pervs echo Tedd

Postby Tarvok on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:33 pm

I see where you're going with that. She uses her magical morphing powers to give them superhuman firmness. Then she goes to gym class, and has to explain how she's able to go without a bra.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:56 pm

When I was in college and living in the residence hall, I'd say 1/3 or so of the girls Grace's age didn't wear a bra all the time. Keep in mind, she also was raised by an all-male team of mad scientists including an alien. Nobody probably ever bought her a bra or could teach her how to wear girly underthings in general. (The alien seemingly identified as male, since he was "Mr." Guyur.)

BTW, does it strike anyone else as somewhat creepy that Grace is attracted to Tedd? one of her grandfathers and one of her fathers were mad scientists, she was literally brought up by mad scientists in their evil lair, and what happens? As soon as she meets a mad scientist who isn't actively cruel to her, she falls deeply in love with him.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tarvok on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Pretty typical, really. Our first model of the opposite sex is the parent of the opposite sex, so naturally what they are will figure into what we're looking for, one way or another, often quite in spite of our best efforts.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby ForkBomb on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:34 am

Wouldn't a bra get really uncomfortable when shape-shifting? Maybe she took it off because of that?
Also, nothing to say she doesn't wear one to school.
ForkBomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aeg'air on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:54 pm

ForkBomb wrote:Wouldn't a bra get really uncomfortable when shape-shifting? Maybe she took it off because of that?

That sounds... simply correct.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:16 pm

ForkBomb wrote:Wouldn't a bra get really uncomfortable when shape-shifting? Maybe she took it off because of that?

So sometime between these two comics she took it off to accommodate the experiment? Well, it's certainly possible as there is at least a few minutes between them. However as somebody who's likely to go squirrel when bored I think she would pick clothes according to how they'd fit both forms, and as you pointed out a bra might be uncomfortable while shape-shifting. She could still be wearing one to school though as she wouldn't likely morph there, but if she isn't used to wearing something she may forgo it out of habit. On the other hand given her initial reaction after discovering what most people around her associate with nudity Grace might have made the decision to wear many layers of clothing while in public.

Come to think of it maybe she has gotten special underwear since she arrived at Tedd's from Mr. Verres. If the Uryuoms have clothing that can adapt to their morphing then it's certainly a possibility that there would be something similar for chimeras, and Mr. Verres would certainly be in the position to provide her with anything she could use that would normally be a bit hard to get.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Raging Mouse on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 am

Uryuom Underwear.... Dan, you should register this as a trademark.
Raging Mouse
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Come on, Tedd, she said you could look! Although, I probably would have done the same thing (including changing my mind too late).

== Jan, 2009 ==

Raging Mouse wrote:Uryuom Underwear.... Dan, you should register this as a trademark.

Crystal: It does have a certain ring to it.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Melvar on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Raging Mouse wrote:Uryuom Underwear.... Dan, you should register this as a trademark.
[mustard]The word underpants has been proclaimed to be at least 25% funnier than the word underwear. Of course, it's more specific as well, so it doesn't really fit here. ****.[/mustard]
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby Aeg'air on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 am

Sounds like it'll give you cancer.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Aeg'air wrote:

Sounds like it'll give you cancer.

I'm sure it's like transforming - actually good for your health, logic be darned.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive