[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/16/02] Jeremy wants held NOW!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/16/02] Jeremy wants held NOW!

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:22 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020516.html

I can't really blame for Grace screaming in the fourth panel there. If I saw something like Jeremy pounce at me I'd probably scream too. I gotta say I'm a little jealous of Grace. My kitty never did like being held, though she was even more insistent about when she wanted affection.

Anyway, I never noticed this before but apparently the Jeremy form visibly tones Grace's ab muscles whereas a normal cat form doesn't. I wonder if Jeremy does a lot of sit-ups or something.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/16/02] Jeremy wants held NOW!

Postby SleepyOrigami on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:17 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Anyway, I never noticed this before but apparently the Jeremy form visibly tones Grace's ab muscles whereas a normal cat form doesn't. I wonder if Jeremy does a lot of sit-ups or something.

I don't think "does a lot of sit-ups" would qualify as a genetic reason for toned abs, but then again...

I wonder what happened to the dinner plates that Jeremy was juggling earlier. How does he stop juggling without breaking the plates? Is it possible that this was the source of the BOOM in the previous strip?
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:47 pm

SleepyOrigami wrote:I don't think "does a lot of sit-ups" would qualify as a genetic reason for toned abs, but then again...

Well... uh, maybe the Jeremy form was built in part by an earlier form of the scanner Tedd uses to make clone forms. Yeah, instead of trying to figure out the vast complexities of Jeremy DNA he scanned Jeremy which collected information on his body necessary to create a form out of it. Come to think of it that might also be how he got the data needed for the cat/dog/mouse/etc. forms. It does mention in this comic that Tedd was the one who made them, but I can't remember seeing anything on how he created the animal forms.
I wonder what happened to the dinner plates that Jeremy was juggling earlier. How does he stop juggling without breaking the plates? Is it possible that this was the source of the BOOM in the previous strip?
Nah, I think dropped plates would be more of a CRASH! sound.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darekun on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 am

Chaos Priest wrote:
SleepyOrigami wrote:I don't think "does a lot of sit-ups" would qualify as a genetic reason for toned abs, but then again...

Well... uh, maybe the Jeremy form was built in part by an earlier form of the scanner Tedd uses to make clone forms. Yeah, instead of trying to figure out the vast complexities of Jeremy DNA he scanned Jeremy which collected information on his body necessary to create a form out of it.

Uh, I think that's how the current scanner works; it reads the subject's shape, not their DNA, it just then figures out what DNA would be needed to reproduce that shape(which may not be the original DNA at all). Note that, for example, when Sarah's 37 she'll be able to use the scan of herself to look 17 again; it's not like that's all about genetic differences. And then there's the long hair.

Chaos Priest wrote:Come to think of it that might also be how he got the data needed for the cat/dog/mouse/etc. forms. It does mention in this comic that Tedd was the one who made them, but I can't remember seeing anything on how he created the animal forms.

I think that means he tweaked the forms to look like anthro animals, rather than scanning the animals at all.
If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:56 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: I guess Jeremy likes people in Jeremy form.

== Jan, 2009 ==

Chaos Priestess wrote:Anyway, I never noticed this before but apparently the Jeremy form visibly tones Grace's ab muscles whereas a normal cat form doesn't. I wonder if Jeremy does a lot of sit-ups or something.

Crystal: Well, judging by his spines, he's probably designed to curl up into a tight ball for defense (like a hedgehog); strong abdominal muscles would help him avoid being forcibly uncurled.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive