Create A Goon

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Create A Goon

Postby Martamania on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:38 pm

You know how videogames these days frequently have Create A Character options? Was curious to know if anyone has even given this treatment to anyone from the cast of EGS.

In my case, since I don't davel much in the sorts of games that tend to have this the only case I have of doing so is that in the past few Smackdown games I have made Justin and Susan. I might take screenshots / post formulas if anyone's curious for them, and if anyone's curious about moves and entrances - each uses a TKO I call the V-5 as well as Justin using a flying crossbody and Susan using the Saving Grace. Justin has always used "How Long" by the Eagles (weird match-up, I know, but kinda fits), while Susan has gone through "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks, "One of Those Girls" by Avril Lavigne, and presently "My Generation" by the Who. I know, odd choice for Susan but there's an explanation for it that's too complicated to get into.

So yeah. Has anyone else done the same in any games?
Martamania
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Create A Goon

Postby Nightranger on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:23 pm

I remember a thread (actually I think there's been more than one) a while back about someone creating the main cast in the Sims. And I remember people creating the Bloodgrem, the Demonic Duck, and one or two other EGS creatures using the Spore Creature Creater.

As for myself, I've created a few of the EGS cast in video games:
Tony Hawk Underground: Nanase and fTedd
Tony Hawk Underground 2: mSusan
Mass Effect: Nanase
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aeg'air on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Due to my blatant laziness I haven't... Though I may... Sometime... In the future... Maybe.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stoopid Monkey on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:44 pm

I did it in the console version of "The Sims 2" and attempted them in THUG 2. I like the way the Create-A-Graphics for them came out (Susan had a hammer, Tedd a diagram (male + zap = girl), etc.), but the characters themselves didn't translate well in my opinion.
Stoopid Monkey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mandros on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:34 am

hmmm now that i got my PS2 back from my bro maybe in soulcalibur
Named Most likely to tell his/her grand kids about Mayhem.

working on an RP

a friend of mine just got his own web site here (Still under construction)

yes im a brony
mandros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:57 am

I've tried it using everything, The Everquest 2 Engine, The Sims, 20+ avatar makers.
Nothing works, this is because EGS is Unique with a capital U and most of the character creators do not give enough choice.
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tarvok on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Somewhere on Phantasy Star Universe's XBox Live servers, there exists a Newman Ranger (who, given time, I'd have built into a Guntecher) named Tedd D. Verres. If I were still playing, and if it were possible to take screenshots on an XBox 360 (they really ought to include that feature some day), I'd show him to you.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nightranger on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Stoopid Monkey wrote:I did it in the console version of "The Sims 2" and attempted them in THUG 2. I like the way the Create-A-Graphics for them came out (Susan had a hammer, Tedd a diagram (male + zap = girl), etc.), but the characters themselves didn't translate well in my opinion.

Among the design's on fTedd's skateboard in THUG were the letters "MtF". mSusan had "FtM" and angel wings (remember that one picture in her house?) as a graphic.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby yreomyr on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 am

I had a thread about this a while back regarding me making some EGS characters in City of Heroes.

The thread has died, but I've since made Ellen.

*Goes back to lurking*
yreomyr
Keenspot Despot

Postby AFNB on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 am

...Now I'm wanting to dig out Battle for Middle Earth 2, just to make a Justin Tolkiberry hero unit (even though the first game was far superior IMO).
He came, said his piece, then sodded off.

Callahan's Law:
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased
(and bad puns are always appreciated).

A Friendly Neighborhood Bunny
AFNB
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:22 am

I once made Tedd in Tony Hawk's Underground.

On a somewhat related note, my Microsoft Avatar used to look like Kaworu from Evangelion.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to El Goonish Shive