[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/6/02] Angst loses to curiosity

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/6/02] Angst loses to curiosity

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:09 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020506.html

So if all her friends are attracted to freaks, that would mean Grace/Tedd, at this point Elliot/Nanase as far as she knows, and Susan/who? Somewhere out there is a freak that Susan had a crush on at one point. I'm betting it was TC. Of course, nowadays it would be Ellen/Nanase, Grace/Tedd, Susan/Justin, Catalina/Susan, Justin/Elliot...

Just who does she consider the freak in these relationships?
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/6/02] Angst loses to curiosity

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: I guess she doesn't consider Tedd a friend; she sure added Grace to her list of friends quickly. ...Either that, or she felt like cleverly insulting Tedd.

== Dec, 2008 ==

Crystal: This and the previous strip got me thinking: It's probably a good thing Sarah never encountered catnip when she was a catgirl. She might have enjoyed it at the time, but afterwards, she'd have been even more freaked.

Chaos Priestess wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020506.html

So if all her friends are attracted to freaks, that would mean Grace/Tedd, at this point Elliot/Nanase as far as she knows, and Susan/who? Somewhere out there is a freak that Susan had a crush on at one point. I'm betting it was TC. Of course, nowadays it would be Ellen/Nanase, Grace/Tedd, Susan/Justin, Catalina/Susan, Justin/Elliot...

Just who does she consider the freak in these relationships?

Well, at this comic's point, Nanase would have to be the freak in the Elliot/Nanase pair, since she's not friends with Nanase. This actually works, as Sarah just discovered Nanase might have magic powers. She also just witnessed both Elliot and Nanase pull out all sorts of spectacular tricks; this would add to Nanase being a "freak", though if Sarah were being fair it would make Elliot a bit of a freak as well.

The question of whom Susan is/was attracted to who could be called a freak is a good one. Too bad it was probably just a throwaway line, so we'll probably never know.

<crazy speculation>Sarah and Susan knew all the girls in the Feminist Club already. We also know Susan has wished she was a lesbian - perhaps she said something to Sarah that got Sarah thinking Susan was attracted to one of the other girls. Now, whom amongst the Feminist club is the most freaky...? Hmm...</crazy speculation and roundabout shipping> Okay, probably not.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nasrudith on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Maybe Susan had a "totally and utterly hidden" (read:very obvious) crush on Tedd that she picked up on and Susan denies.
Currently Nass for Sister II.
Vote Dan Shive for president of the united states! Who cares that he is too young to run!
XP: 485
Inventory: Newbie Kit with, TF Gun Kamikaze Add-On. 5 Sharpened Brownies
Favorite EGS Comic
Quotes:
"Please tell me it has nothing to with your current lack of pants."
The Slowly in Progress El Goonish GURPs feedback is appreciated by pm or posts.
Nasrudith
Keenspot Despot

Postby Youwillneverknow on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Sarah wrote:Why are all my friends attracted to freaks?
wait a minute, does she consider herself a friend, because that would mean that Elliot is also a freak, which is true. Also that would make Tedd a double freak since Elliot is attracted to Tedd as well. and on a larger since, this line could make everyone a freak, since they have all be attracted to each other at one time or another.

This comic made we wonder why does tedd have large amounts of catnip lying around. his onlt female friend was sarah and there is no way she would let tedd turn her into a catgirl. again.
Youwillneverknow
Keenspot Deity

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:41 pm

The catnip is most likely for Jeremy. Well, that or Tedd does other things to himself in his spare time besides exploring his female bo... er, feminine side. I really doubt it's meant specifically for girls though. While Tedd might be a pervert I don't think he makes a habit of transforming girls and then drugging them for fun.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby Melvar on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:57 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:While Tedd might be a pervert I don't think he makes a habit of transforming girls and then drugging them for fun.
That just sounded to me like catnip would work as a roofie on catgirls.
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:08 pm

I'll have you know it's a very serious threat to catgirls. They innocently go out on a date with some cute guy out there, later that night he tosses her a mousie, and then, well... I won't go into to many details about what happens afterward. PG-13 forum and all that.

Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby nitpicking on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Nasrudith wrote:Maybe Susan had a "totally and utterly hidden" (read:very obvious) crush on Tedd that she picked up on and Susan denies.

Before they ever spoke?
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haylo on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 am

nitpicking wrote:
Nasrudith wrote:Maybe Susan had a "totally and utterly hidden" (read:very obvious) crush on Tedd that she picked up on and Susan denies.
Before they ever spoke?
In their (then) unevolved state, he would have been more attractive to her before they first spoke to each other. :)
Image .... Image
Haylo
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive