[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/4/02] Love Detective Nanase

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 5/4/02] Love Detective Nanase

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:12 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020504.html

OK... if I'm reading panel 3 right, Elliot has talked about what he's hoping to find in a relationship with a girl he's making out with. Yeah, very romantic there man, and at all a sign you're not happy with your current relationship. Sure, talking things through in an effort to try and improve things is good, but this seems more like he was talking about relationships after his current one. I realize that it really wasn't anything more than friends-with-privileges between them, and I'm definitely no expert in the matter, but I think that there's still some kind of standard for acceptable conversation topics with the girl you're going out with.

On a side note, it's weird how this comic seems to be the only one that uses lower-case letters for the dialog. What is up with that?
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 5/4/02] Love Detective Nanase

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:12 am

Chaos Priest wrote:On a side note, it's weird how this comic seems to be the only one that uses lower-case letters for the dialog. What is up with that?

I never noticed this before. It really creeps me out. :o *brain explodes* This is definitely getting added to my cork board of conspiracy!

I like the expressions and poses of Nanase in this strip. I like how she goes from "well, duh" to "let me count the ways" to "Shoulder shrug of meh guessing" to "defensive"x2 ending with "NA-NA-NA, P.S. I'm teh hotness :wink: "

Elliot's poses are just "confusion / stammering" and then "the sigh of EMO-ness". Clearly his brain was rebooting from the crash in the previous comic and then ended up restarting in Windows ME for some reason.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Melvar on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:19 am

Chaos Priest wrote:On a side note, it's weird how this comic seems to be the only one that uses lower-case letters for the dialog. What is up with that?
Oh, I never noticed that either. Isn't it interesting how we will disregard the letters and only read the meaning? It was probably an experiment, which turned out not to give the desired results.
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Ah, friends with privileges. I've always liked that idea. Now if I only had some friends I would be interested in "having privileges" with...

== Dec, 2008 ==

Crystal: It seems to me this comic implied a lot more than we now know ever happened between the two of them. Also, the third panel seems contrived.

Chaos Priestess wrote:On a side note, it's weird how this comic seems to be the only one that uses lower-case letters for the dialog. What is up with that?

Oh my--! Lowercase letters! Yay! I never really noticed before. HOWEVER, when I do notice such things, the lack of lowercase letters in most comics (EGS usually included) annoys me.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive