Page 1 of 1

[S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm
by Chaos Priest
http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020424.html

OK, I occasionally might overuse the ol' "dot dot dot", but this comic is something you'd expect from Shatner. Elliot and Nanase each use two, and Greg manages to fit five of them in there.

Anyway, I can't decide who's more frightening in this comic, Nanase in the second panel with the One. Word. Sentences. and an expression that manages to intimidate even The Sensei, or Greg with his deranged looking face and freaky hands in panel 5.

Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:36 pm
by DemonicAngel
Well, considering he's about the same size as Andre the Giant, that's not really surprising...and I do like the use of the 'Chiller' font for Nanase's One.Word.Sentence.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 pm
by Man on the Moon
Chaos Priest wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.


Sensei Greg has climbed mountains with two hundred pounds of weights on.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:37 pm
by Nightranger
What depresses me is that I didn't notice that Nanase defaults to Japanese in panel one until, I think, the third time I read this comic.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 pm
by rista-liehna
I just started rereading a week ago, for the third or fourth time - how have I never noticed this?!

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:48 pm
by Unforgiven
Chaos Priest wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Nanase is Japanese. The average Japanese girl weighs so little they have to be anchored down when there's anything more than a light breeze. :P

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:22 am
by nitpicking
Consider that Nanase has super-strength from ASMA. One might expect that Greg, whose power level is higher (at that time, at least according to these two comics) might be even stronger.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:41 pm
by Chaos Priest
Unforgiven wrote:
Chaos Priestess wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Nanase is Japanese. The average Japanese girl weighs so little they have to be anchored down when there's anything more than a light breeze. :P

Oh come now, don't you think you're exaggerating just a little...
Image
...bit...

Uh, never mind :oops:
nitpicking wrote:Consider that Nanase has super-strength from ASMA. One might expect that Greg, whose power level is higher (at that time, at least according to these two comics) might be even stronger.

I know. What I want is some gauge of just how beastly strong Greg is.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 pm
by SleepyOrigami
Chaos Priest wrote:OK, I occasionally might overuse the ol' "dot dot dot", but this comic is something you'd expect from Shatner. Elliot and Nanase each use two, and Greg manages to fit five of them in there.


Truly . . . this is a remarkable device . . . of literature. Of course, commas, can also be, misused. Hypens-make-sentences-faster. And when in doubt, throw in as many symbols as possible <ah>(so)*?*-what's-'appenin' ::today:: //myfriend\\
++Nanase can fly. I'm betting she's light as a feather :smug:

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:29 pm
by ChronosCat
== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: A bit of Japanese, huh?

Nanase figures things out quick. Now, what is Elliot going to do?

== Dec, 2008 ==

Crystal: How is Gregg holding Nanase? His hands aren't around her neck, and her clothes don't seem disturbe...

Also, I meant to mention this in a previous S.T.O.R.Y. thread - Gregg has a very flexible face.

Nightranger wrote:What depresses me is that I didn't notice that Nanase defaults to Japanese in panel one until, I think, the third time I read this comic.
I didn't notice this time through, but then I was reading quickly. I remember noticing the first time through, though I had forgotten until you my past self mentioned it.