[S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020424.html

OK, I occasionally might overuse the ol' "dot dot dot", but this comic is something you'd expect from Shatner. Elliot and Nanase each use two, and Greg manages to fit five of them in there.

Anyway, I can't decide who's more frightening in this comic, Nanase in the second panel with the One. Word. Sentences. and an expression that manages to intimidate even The Sensei, or Greg with his deranged looking face and freaky hands in panel 5.

Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/24/02] Sarah... flees

Postby DemonicAngel on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Well, considering he's about the same size as Andre the Giant, that's not really surprising...and I do like the use of the 'Chiller' font for Nanase's One.Word.Sentence.
DemonicAngela - Gender changed bunny
Warning: Read this, and lose the game.
DemonicAngel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Man on the Moon on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Sensei Greg has climbed mountains with two hundred pounds of weights on.
Man on the Moon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nightranger on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:37 pm

What depresses me is that I didn't notice that Nanase defaults to Japanese in panel one until, I think, the third time I read this comic.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby rista-liehna on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 pm

I just started rereading a week ago, for the third or fourth time - how have I never noticed this?!
rista-liehna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Unforgiven on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Nanase is Japanese. The average Japanese girl weighs so little they have to be anchored down when there's anything more than a light breeze. :P
El Goonish Shive Character of the Day:
EGS character of the day

My El Goonish Shive page - home of the English/Uryuomoco Translator and the Character Statistics.
Unforgiven
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nitpicking on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:22 am

Consider that Nanase has super-strength from ASMA. One might expect that Greg, whose power level is higher (at that time, at least according to these two comics) might be even stronger.
nitpicking
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Unforgiven wrote:
Chaos Priestess wrote:Incidentally, how much do you figure Nanase weighs? I'm just wondering as it seems like Greg isn't having to put any effort whatsoever into lifting her with one hand there.

Nanase is Japanese. The average Japanese girl weighs so little they have to be anchored down when there's anything more than a light breeze. :P

Oh come now, don't you think you're exaggerating just a little...
...bit...

Uh, never mind :oops:
nitpicking wrote:Consider that Nanase has super-strength from ASMA. One might expect that Greg, whose power level is higher (at that time, at least according to these two comics) might be even stronger.

I know. What I want is some gauge of just how beastly strong Greg is.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:OK, I occasionally might overuse the ol' "dot dot dot", but this comic is something you'd expect from Shatner. Elliot and Nanase each use two, and Greg manages to fit five of them in there.

Truly . . . this is a remarkable device . . . of literature. Of course, commas, can also be, misused. Hypens-make-sentences-faster. And when in doubt, throw in as many symbols as possible <ah>(so)*?*-what's-'appenin' ::today:: //myfriend\\
++Nanase can fly. I'm betting she's light as a feather :smug:
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChronosCat on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:29 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: A bit of Japanese, huh?

Nanase figures things out quick. Now, what is Elliot going to do?

== Dec, 2008 ==

Crystal: How is Gregg holding Nanase? His hands aren't around her neck, and her clothes don't seem disturbe...

Also, I meant to mention this in a previous S.T.O.R.Y. thread - Gregg has a very flexible face.

Nightranger wrote:What depresses me is that I didn't notice that Nanase defaults to Japanese in panel one until, I think, the third time I read this comic.
I didn't notice this time through, but then I was reading quickly. I remember noticing the first time through, though I had forgotten until you my past self mentioned it.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive