[S.T.O.R.Y. 4/18/02] Define: Pain

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 4/18/02] Define: Pain

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:12 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020418.html

Pain
    A symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
    Emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid; "the pain of loneliness"
    A somatic sensation of acute discomfort; "as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
    Trouble: cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
    A bothersome annoying person; "that kid is a terrible pain"
    Annoyance: something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
    Cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
    The sensation of having a martial artist practice his or her art upon one's back

You know, Elliot really is a lucky guy. He got the chance to act the part of a Dragon Warrior hero and he has a hot asian chick practically tearing his clothes off.
Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 4/18/02] Define: Pain

Postby Nightranger on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Sudden explosions: even better at changing the subject than a demonic duck.
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tarvok on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020418.html
You know, Elliot really is a lucky guy. He got the chance to act the part of a Dragon Warrior hero and he has a hot asian chick practically tearing his clothes off.

Dang. You're right.
To those who understand
I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand
Take me as I am
Tarvok
Keenspot Despot

Postby LadyofNonSequitur on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 am

I love Elliot's suddenly glowing eyes...>.<
Image Please click on these little dragons/dragon eggs!
Inventory:
a TF Gun
a squirrel teddy
a cookie in shiny wrapper
a sixpack of unlabeled soda
a dead fish
a mood ring
a ball of yarn
a catnip mouse
a full collection of Non-Sequitur comics
a Pouch of Infinite Apples
a hand-forged pocketknife (now with Molecular Edge Technology(tm)!)
a 30m coil of braided Kevlar marine rope
LadyofNonSequitur
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Melvar on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 am

Nightranger wrote:Sudden explosions: even better at changing the subject than a demonic duck.
Actually, not so. The Demonic duck is more thorough if it actually works, but has a smaller chance of working (because the demonic duck can foil you or be off because of union action) while a sudden explosion will always hit, but isn't necessarily successful. Think of it like this: an explosion has high accuracy, but armor is effective against it, while the demonic duck has low accuracy but penetrates or ignores armor. Which of them is more effective depends on the distractee's singlemindedness (armor).
LadyofNonSequitur wrote:I love Elliot's suddenly glowing eyes...>.<
I think they look like compound eyes, as insects have, which is really cool |8{D> we need a TFG form for that.
||,'\'/=|,'|ıı|-|;-/;|,'|-y,',V;\_¯ıı=|;-|-|,¯\','/¦||ıı=_¯|;/;(-=|!==ıı|.|
Melvar
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: A huge data wave - isn't that where we all are? I mean, we're all surfing, right?

Postby ChronosCat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:09 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: "Fight me for real!" "No, you're a girl!" How cliche.

== Nov, 2008 ==

Crystal: Considering when Elliot interrupted Nanase, I think he remembered that Sarah was watching. (Of course, maybe he should have let Nanase finish her sentence - it might have been less cruel to Sarah to hear it before Nanase and Elliot kissed. Too bad Elliot forgot how their bouts normally ended. (How do you forget something like that, anyway?))

Chaos Priestess wrote:You know, Elliot really is a lucky guy. He got the chance to act the part of a Dragon Warrior hero and he has a hot asian chick practically tearing his clothes off.
Actually, since he was the one providing the momentum, it's more like he was tearing his own clothes off (just with a little bit of help from her).
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive