Page 1 of 1

[S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:38 pm
by Chaos Priest
http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020304.html

So Grace prefers shopping for video games over clothing. Come on, I'm sure there are a lot of people like that here. Still, Grace really does need to learn to prioritize properly when spending money. At the very least she could look at the clothing stores before checking out the video games. Though her behavior here may in part be a result of her not having much experience with stuff like shopping and malls. She really was deprived of anything we would recognize as a normal, or for that matter healthy, upbringing.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 pm
by nitpicking
This strip took place during the "Background? What background?" period of EGS, I see.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14 pm
by Chaos Priest
Of course there are no backgrounds. Backgrounds are witchcraft.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 pm
by The Old Hack
Chaos Priest wrote:http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020304.html

So Grace prefers shopping for video games over clothing. Come on, I'm sure there are a lot of people like that here. Still, Grace really does need to learn to prioritize properly when spending money. At the very least she could look at the clothing stores before checking out the video games. Though her behavior here may in part be a result of her not having much experience with stuff like shopping and malls. She really was deprived of anything we would recognize as a normal, or for that matter healthy, upbringing.

Come on! First she was raised by lab coats trying to create a super assassin and wondering why she didn't age a biological year every month. Then almost everybody she knew was killed in front of her and she was beaten on a regular basis. What more could a child ask for? I tell you, all these spoiled brats nowadays...

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:44 pm
by Dragonstar
You were the inspiration for "When I Was Your Age," weren't you? (As in, "Weird Al" was singing as the Old Hack)

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 am
by Shadowhamster
Dragonstar wrote:You were the inspiration for "When I Was Your Age," weren't you? (As in, "Weird Al" was singing as the Old Hack)

Why when I was your age, we didn't have forums! NO! We had trees, and...well we didn't even have PENS! We wrote all are messages in our own blood, and then rolled trees down hills so that we could later go down and read everyone's messages!

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 am
by The Old Hack
Shadowhamster wrote:
Dragonstar wrote:You were the inspiration for "When I Was Your Age," weren't you? (As in, "Weird Al" was singing as the Old Hack)

Why when I was your age, we didn't have forums! NO! We had trees, and...well we didn't even have PENS! We wrote all are messages in our own blood, and then rolled trees down hills so that we could later go down and read everyone's messages!

AND WE WERE GLAD OF IT!

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:34 am
by Dragonstar
Shadowhamster wrote:
Dragonstar wrote:You were the inspiration for "When I Was Your Age," weren't you? (As in, "Weird Al" was singing as the Old Hack)

Why when I was your age, we didn't have forums! NO! We had trees, and...well we didn't even have PENS! We wrote all are messages in our own blood, and then rolled trees down hills so that we could later go down and read everyone's messages!



Wait . . I thought there was no "downhill," only "uphill." As in, walking 40 miles in the snow, uphill both ways.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:08 am
by Shadowhamster
Dragonstar wrote:
Shadowhamster wrote:
Dragonstar wrote:You were the inspiration for "When I Was Your Age," weren't you? (As in, "Weird Al" was singing as the Old Hack)

Why when I was your age, we didn't have forums! NO! We had trees, and...well we didn't even have PENS! We wrote all are messages in our own blood, and then rolled trees down hills so that we could later go down and read everyone's messages!



Wait . . I thought there was no "downhill," only "uphill." As in, walking 40 miles in the snow, uphill both ways.

It's TRUE whippersnapper! It was HARD! Rolling things uphill....we simply called the less uphill 60 degree angle hills downhill due to no reference! You young folks have it to easy!

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:45 am
by kyevan
She's not a nudist! She's not wearing our club t-shirt!

...not that anyone does, really...

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 am
by Man on the Moon
This is why my wardrobe consists mainly of Hawaiian shirts and blue jean shorts. Less money spent on clothes = more spent on fun.

But Hawaiian shirts are fun too, so it's win-win.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 am
by Chaos Priest
Hawaiian shirts? Eww... I tend not to spend much on clothing either, but most of my shirts are simply one solid color, usually gray or blue. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Hawaiian shirt.

Well, OK there was last Sunday... but that was the rare exception, and I swear I'm never wearing that shirt again!

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 am
by kyevan
I have a more varied wardrobe, out of necessity. Same reason Sporkman probably does, except I get hot easily.

(Hint: I'm within a day's walk of Sporkman's alleged location.)

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:59 pm
by ChronosCat
== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Wow, a girl really into video games. Neat.

== Oct, 2008 ==

Crystal: Unless she had a chance to play video games while working for Damion, she acquired that video game obsession entirely during the one day she had spent at Tedd's at that point. Impressive.

Chaos Priestess wrote:Hawaiian shirts? Eww... I tend not to spend much on clothing either, but most of my shirts are simply one solid color, usually gray or blue. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Hawaiian shirt.

Well, OK there was last Sunday... but that was the rare exception, and I swear I'm never wearing that shirt again!
So, you were dead in a Hawaiian shirt last Sunday? Did you have an interesting way of getting better?

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:24 pm
by Chaos Priest
Crystal wrote:
Chaos Priestess wrote:Hawaiian shirts? Eww... I tend not to spend much on clothing either, but most of my shirts are simply one solid color, usually gray or blue. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Hawaiian shirt.

Well, OK there was last Sunday... but that was the rare exception, and I swear I'm never wearing that shirt again!
So, you were dead in a Hawaiian shirt last Sunday?

Close enough, I had to attend a wedding :P

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 am
by Aeg'air
Chaos Priest wrote:
Crystal wrote:
Chaos Priestess wrote:Hawaiian shirts? Eww... I tend not to spend much on clothing either, but most of my shirts are simply one solid color, usually gray or blue. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Hawaiian shirt.

Well, OK there was last Sunday... but that was the rare exception, and I swear I'm never wearing that shirt again!
So, you were dead in a Hawaiian shirt last Sunday?

Close enough, I had to attend a wedding :P


A hawaian shirt at a wedding... And I thought you couldn't get anywhere near my strangeness levels.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 pm
by Chaos Priest
Oh, I assure you everybody in my extended family is plenty crazy. We're just nuts in different ways, and for some reason that particular cousin who was getting married wanted us to wear Hawaiian shirts.

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 3/4/02] Well... she is a nudist anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:38 pm
by Shadowhamster
Aeg'air wrote:A hawaian shirt at a wedding... And I thought you couldn't get anywhere near my strangeness levels.


Your new to the internet, aren't you.