[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/28/02] Burn the heathens!

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[S.T.O.R.Y. 2/28/02] Burn the heathens!

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 pm

http://www.egscomics.com/d/20020228.html

In response to the title for this comic: no, I have never played Black & White, so sad to say I can't really think of anything to say here, clever or otherwise.

Currently a Chaos Priestess.

"I don't want to be quoted, and don't quote that I don't want to be quoted." - Winston Burdett
Minionning for Cameo
Chaos Priest
Keenspot Despot

Re: [S.T.O.R.Y. 2/28/02] Burn the heathens!

Postby Nightranger on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Me neither. I've played Age of Mythology though, does that count? You even get to trigger rains of exploding chicken meteors. (if you use a cheat code, that is)
MARTIN: What?
DANIEL: Okay. One, that's Star Trek; and two, it's ridiculous.
MARTIN: What's wrong with it?
CARTER: "The singularity is about to explode?"
MARTIN: Yes.
CARTER: Everything about that statement is wrong.
DANIEL: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love: "weapons at maximum."
MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
TEAL’C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.
MARTIN: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

I have discovered that Death Note + Lucky Star = awsome.
Here's more proof.
Nightranger
Keenspot Despot

Postby Man on the Moon on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Nightranger wrote:Me neither. I've played Age of Mythology though, does that count? You even get to trigger rains of exploding chicken meteors. (if you use a cheat code, that is)

BAWK BAWK BOOM

Chicken meteors are awesome.
Man on the Moon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ineluki on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 am

I did play it...
aand it looks like Tedd takes the easy way here. Burning a village is much less time consuming than converting it - at least in the later missions.
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChronosCat on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 pm

== Spring, 2006 ==

Chronos: Heh, I was fooled.

The Title wrote:Ever Played Black & White?

Played? Never even heard of it.

== Oct, 2008 ==

Crystal: Now I've heard of it; apparently some of my sister's friends have played it.
Reverse-Gendered for Sister II! (Call me "Crystal"!)
Current form: blue anthro tigress
Equipped Items: TF Gun, Diamond Katana
Inventory
Image Image

Click the nifty little globe icon to the right to check out my website.
ChronosCat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kyevan on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:49 am

I bought the game /because/ of EGS. It was worth it, even if I sucked at it. I don't get why everyone thinks the creature is so smart, though, the Creatures series creatures always seemed smarter... and they were inclined to try things like eating doors.
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ineluki on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:59 am

kyevan wrote:I bought the game /because/ of EGS. It was worth it, even if I sucked at it. I don't get why everyone thinks the creature is so smart, though, the Creatures series creatures always seemed smarter... and they were inclined to try things like eating doors.

Smart? Oh, hell no. These things were incredibal stupid! You could be proud if you could stop it from eating your own villagers. In addition, they are so forgetful... well, it was just impossible to teach them everything. Once you work and work on the more complex miracles (I couldn't stop myself from teaching mine thunderstorm, surprise surprise!), they forget what they learned in the beginning...
Image_Image_Image
My DeviantArt Page - EGS Personality Quiz
»I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it.« - Joker
Ineluki
Keenspot Despot

Postby kyevan on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:44 am

Ineluki wrote:
kyevan wrote:I bought the game /because/ of EGS. It was worth it, even if I sucked at it. I don't get why everyone thinks the creature is so smart, though, the Creatures series creatures always seemed smarter... and they were inclined to try things like eating doors.

Smart? Oh, hell no. These things were incredibal stupid! You could be proud if you could stop it from eating your own villagers. In addition, they are so forgetful... well, it was just impossible to teach them everything. Once you work and work on the more complex miracles (I couldn't stop myself from teaching mine thunderstorm, surprise surprise!), they forget what they learned in the beginning...

I couldn't even get mine to /eat/ on a regular basis. It's stupider than a post-OHSS original C2-genome Norn!*

*: The original genome for Creatures 2 had some rather bad mistakes that created a flaw known as One-Hour Stupidity Syndrome. They became really, really, REALLY dumb after about an hour. Turns out the poor things were getting flooded with too much of the reward/punishment chemicals, so they were effectively trained to take random, usually nonsensical actions in most situations. I think there was an article on it on Palace of the Evil Shee, if anyone's really interested I can look it up.
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darekun on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:10 am

If you must feed the troll, take it to PMs.
To help avoid feeding the troll, there's an ignore feature.

TFed male as "Darechan" for Sister II!
Best EGS video. Ever.
Whereas I... am not an artist.
Tricia wrote:No. There's no way in hell you're going to get away with shit like that. Go ahead and state those so-called "reasons".
Darekun
Keenspot Despot

Postby LadyofNonSequitur on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

I bought Black&White2 because of that fun dream sequence... after searching all over for some way to get the original. Black and white 2 is so gorgeous! I spend way too much time playing it... but I don't recall having any dreams like Grace's... :(
Image Please click on these little dragons/dragon eggs!
Inventory:
a TF Gun
a squirrel teddy
a cookie in shiny wrapper
a sixpack of unlabeled soda
a dead fish
a mood ring
a ball of yarn
a catnip mouse
a full collection of Non-Sequitur comics
a Pouch of Infinite Apples
a hand-forged pocketknife (now with Molecular Edge Technology(tm)!)
a 30m coil of braided Kevlar marine rope
LadyofNonSequitur
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kyevan on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

... Damnit, why didn't I think to link cwiki? And, yep, I was right - the article by Lis Morris is the one I was thinking of.

You'd think I'd think of Creatures Wiki by now...
Whee! Little Dragon! ^_^
kyevan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aeg'air on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:18 am

I never played it long enough for my creature to even learn a thing, however it did vanish and come back EXTREMELY fat... don't ask how.
ImageMy devart page now has stuff!
Inventory
I will soon upload an avvy I have made. Until then I will use this Namin'e avvy for the sake of confusion and the text.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aeg'air
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to El Goonish Shive